Harvest Festival: Final Preperations

In Context Discussion and Story Development.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Harvest Festival: Final Preperations

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:39 pm

"The insects, bewildered by magic, it seems. I have heard of such things...in swarms...devour an entire cow or person." Suspicious of the activity, he puts his hand to his heart and mumbles something under his breath. A prayer, of sorts.
Spoiler:
Total: +7
Bonus: 4
Character: Gage
Campaign: Dark Patron
Description: Fiendish Vigor
1D4= 3
indivdiual rolls: 3

Fiendish Vigor: You can cast false life (1D4 + 4 Temporary HP's) on yourself at will as a 1st-level spell, without expending a spell slot or material components.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:46 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:40 pm
Thew'Ruk
Image "Aye Rurik, Perhaps those leaves are our tree ent that we've been seeking. Should we be worried about the insects harming us or them then?"
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:10 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:48 pm
Oomaq looks around as they enter the clearing, "So what is this Tree Ent thing you are speaking of? Some creature that lives here?"
Spoiler:
Total: 15
Bonus: 1
Character: Oomaq
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Perception check

Image "Tree Ents are ancient and wise creatures. Living trees that protect the forest and forest creatures. The one we seek is a particularly ancient Oak tree."
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:46 am
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:40 pm
Thew'Ruk
Image "Aye Rurik, Perhaps those leaves are our tree ent that we've been seeking. Should we be worried about the insects harming us or them then?"

Image "I do not know if these insects could harm the Ents or us. "
Spoiler:
DC 12 nature check to know about the insects. DC 15 survival check.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:11 pm

"Tree creatures....hmmm. I have never heard of anything like these in the jungles of home. I would like to meet such a creature." Oomaq says in somewhat awe of meeting a giant tree creature.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Image "Tree Ents seldom allow themselves to be noticed by outsiders. Most of know of their existence have either eraned their ire or have proven themselves true friends of the forest. Without the exact location of his grove and a description of the one we seek, I doubt we would even know when we found Okenstalk."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Image "We aren’t going to get anywhere by just sitting here. We must venture forth to find the Tree Ent. And it would probably be in our best interests not to do anything that could provoke it’s ire."
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:59 pm

Oomaq walks forward into the clearing a little more. "So nothing threatening to trees, like axes? Or saws?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:51 pm

The movement in the trees becomes apparent to everyone as you move further into the forest. Numerous more trees with similar buzzing noises and movement can be seen. The insects however, seem not to notice your presence as you progress further into the forest. Eventually the movement stops and you find yourself entering a section of trees with no foliage on them. A particularly large tree stands in the middle. Unlike the others, which seem to be gravely ill or dying this tree seems to be in relatively good health. The absence of foliage the only indication it is in trouble.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 am

Total: 16
Bonus: 2
Character: Meddaar
Campaign: Dark Patron of the Temple of Light
Description: Survival check

Meddaar slowly walks along the diseased trees and brush. He slowly runs his hands along the leaves trying to determine what could have caused this.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Meddar finds small bite marks on the wooden branches left behind and small pieces of foliage on the ground. The signs indicate that the plants had been systematically stripped by tiny creatures.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:33 am

Image Kneeling down amongst the dead foliage, Meddaar grabs a piece of the destroyed leaf. "Looks like it was eaten. Perhaps it’s the bugs we heard during our walk out here."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:01 am

Thew'Ruk
Image "Perhaps, I think maybe we can try and ask our tree ent friend about that, they seem to be similarly aflicted by a lack of leaves?" Thew'Ruk says as he gestures towards the seemingly healthy tree in the middle of the clearing which he assumes to be the being with which they came to treat.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Image A loud creaking noise can be heard coming from the central tree. the noise is reminiscent of old wood moving and bending out of shape. As the tree moves a face begins to take form within the branches and a mouth begins to move.
"I do not recognize you. How do you know of me?"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:58 pm

"By the gods," Oomaq whispers in awe. "You weren't lying, it really is a living talking tree. What do we do?"
[/color]

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:59 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:09 am
Image "We act!" he whispers back to Oomaq.

Turning to the Okenstalk, he speaks. "We come on behalf of the followers of Pelor. The Lady Sol, of the Order of Sol, bids that we retrieve the artifact known as the "Blood Stone" in order to consecrate the new Temple of Pelor in the city of Klaverjassen. We are told that you guard this artifact until it is needed for such an occasion. That time is now."

Total: 24 YAHOO!!!
Bonus: 5
Character: Gage
Campaign: Dark Patron
Description: Persuasion Roll

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:04 pm

"I am the guardian. However, in my current weakened state I am unable to retrieve the bloodstone. If you wish the artifact you must first assist me in restoring the balance to the forest." The tree ent gestures slowly towards the trees being consumed by the inspects. "These insects are an important part of the forest, but their numbers are increasing without control and they are congregating hear by my grove. The eagles which have kept their population in check were badly injured by hunters. The monks at the monestary in the mountain have taken them to heal. In their absence the populations they kept in check are expanding out of control. You must head tot he slops of the mountain, where the snow begins to settle and retrieve a mated pair of eagles. "

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:13 am

"How are we supposed to do that? I don't know how to catch one live eagle much less two."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:53 am

Image "If the eagles eat these insects we could use them as bait. Or perhaps they would journey here simply at the Ents request? Great Ent is there anything that you have that could convince the eagles to journey with us to your grove?”

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Image The tree ent thinks for a minute. You can take some of the insects as bait to capture the eagles. I am limited in how I can help you capture them, but... the tree ent pulls a small piece of bark off one of its limbs. "This will grant you the ability to understand and speak with animals for a short time." While you are gone, I will be looking for the insect queen. Once the queen has been eaten the bugs will scatter until several of them transform into new queens. That will disperses the swarm from this part of the forest and reduce it to several more manageable sized swarms. If you are unable to capture the eagles then, perhaps you could look for the queen while I capture them?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 am

Image "Time is of the essence. It looks like we need to split our forces to speed this process along. Who wants to hunt the queen and who wants to trap the eagles?"

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:03 am

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:01 am
Thew'Ruk
Image "I will go to track the eagles. I have a way with animals and I am not lacking in skill when it comes to tracking them either."

Thew'Ruk looks up at the Ent, "I know you wish to help us and take on one of the tasks entirely on your own, but it would not be right of us to let you do this in your weakened condition. I hope you will agree to let one of our groups accompany you to either track down the queen or to capture the eagles."

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:14 pm

"I'm not good with animals, so I will help hunt the queen. Plus insects make up part of our diet back home, I can get dinner at the same time." Oomaq says, trying to add a little humor to the situation.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:33 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:26 pm
Image "I am crateful for your assistance. The eagles perch in the snowy mountains but hunt at the edge of the forest and the snow." turing towards those who remain. "The queen will be brightly colored and located where the animals transport their food. I will reach out to the trees to find out where the insects are at now."
Spoiler:
note each player may make a survivial check if they would like. This represents them searching off by themselves.

The group going to the mountains will take several hours to get there. Once at the snows edge you need to make an average survival check. I also want a perception check to be made. A nature check can be made if desired and someone has a high intelligence. Sucess on that check can help narrow your search area lowering the DC of the survival check. Please remember that you can use the aid action to give someone advantage on their roll.

The group staying to look for the queen will need to roll a survival check as well. I am granting Oomaq inspiration on this quest. As long as he agrees to eat the queen. It is a great story element. inspiration can be used to take advantage on a roll, give disadvantage to an enemy, or give advantage to an ally.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Image "Finding these eagles will be troublesome. Why can’t things be more simple? We truly don’t have time for this."
Total: 20
Bonus: 2
Character: Rurik
Description: Perception

Total: 2
Bonus: 1
Character: Rurik
Description: Survival

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:56 pm

"Well I suppose we had better try to find this queen."
Spoiler:
Total: 15
Bonus: -1
Character: Oomaq
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Survival
I'll keep the Inspiration as an assist for someone with me.
[\spoiler]

Return to “The Story”