Harvest Festival: Final Preperations

In Context Discussion and Story Development.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: Harvest Festival: Final Preperations

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:44 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:03 am
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:01 am
Thew'Ruk
Image Turning to Rurik, "Don't worry my friend, we will suceed, I am confident"
Total: 6
Bonus: 4
Character: Thew'Ruk
Campaign: Temple
Description: survival on eagles

Total: 24
Description: peception
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:35 pm

Image I KNEW we should have taken the other option... says Gage while helping Oomaq. But it looks like Oomaq knows what he is doing in following the insects to their food source. That doesn't sound so hard... Gage knows nothing of taming wild eagles and staying grounded is what he's best at. Looks like I'll follow Oomaq...

Bonus: 2
Character: Gage
Campaign: Dark Patron
Description: Perception Roll
Total: 8
Description: Survival Roll

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:53 pm

Rurik and Thew-ruk scratch their heads as the make their way towards the snow covered peaks. Neither of them spot any sign of the eagles or gain any insigt on where they may encounter some. However nearly a mile after reaching the edge of the snow, both of them stop and point at what appears to be snow to the others in the group. After a watching for a few moments a loud howl sounds from the direction and the others can see a small amount of movement. In a flash an eagle appears to take flight form the ground, only to be pulled back down by the ravanous jaws of a white wolf.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:43 pm

Gage spots the insects moving away form their food source into the already desolate area of the forest. Follwoing several of them he finds a loan tree warming with insects. watching for a few moments reveals that the insects drop off food and then leave in all directions. No single insect seems to stay long. While watching Gage gets a gimps of a bright yellow insect which seems to be consuming large quantities of food. The insect is nested high up in the tree and surrounded by swarms of its followers.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:58 am

"Okenstalk, while I am a fairly good climber, I can not speak for my friends. It would be much easier if we got the queen and nest down at ground level, but I can not even claim to be a little knowledgeable as to the status of this tree they are in. What would your thoughts be on us taking down this tree to get at the queen?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:31 am

Image Gage pulls a quiver & crossbow from his back and reveals his 20 crossbow bolts. "Wouldn't THIS work? At this distance? So would my Eldritch Blast. It wouldn't be so hard. It would likely leave the tree should I harm it. Isn't that right? "

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Omen steak agrees it is best to try shooting the queen from the ground but said the tree is near death already and if it is essential the tree may be felled to save the others.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Image "Well, let's see how tough this thing is!"
Gage prepares to Hex and Eldritch blast this 'Queen Bug'. How tough can it be? he thinks to himself.
Spoiler:

**From about 90ft away, maybe a little less.

Total: 24
Bonus: 5
Description: Eldritch Blast with Hex
***It's CON abilities are disadvantaged for the duration under a Hex.

Total: 14 (Damage is Force (10) and Necrotic (4))
Bonus: 3
Description: Damage
1D6= 4
indivdiual rolls: 4
1D10= 7
indivdiual rolls: 7

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:18 pm

A bolt of force strikes forth from Gage's hand killing multiple insects as it collides with the queen. The queen itself falls from the branches making a satisfying thump as it hits the ground. Not that any of you are able to hear the thump over the loud sound of the insects which are now flying around in a huge frenzy. Several of the insects move to devour the corpses of their fallen commercials while still others begin to swarm the group.
Spoiler:
if you have not already please roll initiative
For the sake of convenience the swarm is a single creature. Feel free to narrate how your attacks works with that information.

since both groups are in initiative we will use the single initiative tracker above.

Round 1

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:41 am

Gage will cast Burning Hands on the bug swarm, careful not to catch trees in the 15ft cone.
Spoiler:
Burning Hands: 15ft Cone, 3d6 Fire Damage (Dex save for 1/2), ignites non-held, flammable items in the area (**+1d6/level)

Total: 10 Damage (Dex save for 1/2)
Description: Burning Hands
3D6= 10
indivdiual rolls: 4, 2, 4

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:15 am

Image Rurik starts stalking towards the wolf and eagle. Keeping his shield and battleaxe at the ready."We need to rescue that eagle quickly. If we take too long it’ll be nothing but feathers!"
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:14 pm

Image "We must thin out this swarm before more show up!"Meddaar launches his icy breath at the thickest concentration of the big swarm.
Spoiler:
Breath Weapon: DMG Cold; 15 ft cone; DC 11 (Con. Save) 2d6 DMG on failed save, half DMG on succesful save. Total: 6
Character: Meddaar
Campaign: Dark Patron of the Temple of Light
Description: Breath Attack DMG Cold
2D6= 6
indivdiual rolls: 3, 3
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Many bugs ignite into flames as Gage unleashes forth fire from his hands. Many more freeze in mid air as fall to the ground. For the moment a Large swath of cleared space lies ahead of you, but already more insects are moving to fill the gap.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:54 pm

Thew'Ruk
Image Responding to Rurik's urgency Thew'ruk faces the two animals, "I agree."

Stepping forward he lets out in a bellowing voice what he hopes will get the animals atention, "Enough!"
Total: 16
Description: animal handling to stop the wolf and eagle

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:57 pm

The wolf is startled by the sudden noise and looks over its shoulder. Seeing the group it begins to rush off into the snowbanks.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:48 pm

Oomaq draws his Rapier and stalks towards the part of the swarm on the ground, now eating their own queen. "You guys are getting a lot more of them with your attacks than I could with the arrows. Keep it up and I'll mop up the ones you missed down here, that and they are eating my dinner." He adds the last bit with a smile and wink.
Spoiler:
Total: 7
Bonus: 5
Character: Oomaq
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Rapier Attack
Although I highly doubt he hit anything with that roll, but just in case damage is:
Bonus: 3
Character: Oomaq
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Rapier damage
1D8= 3
indivdiual rolls: 3

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:08 pm

Oomaq manages to swat one of the insects sending it flying through the air and against a tree where it falls to the ground dead.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Between the three of them they quickly finish off the swarm of bugs and Oomaq grabs up some of the bugs that Gage had cooked with his fire. "Well there's not much left of their queen, I think they ate everything but her antennae," He says walking up to his friends, offering them a couple of the bugs. "Want some? Crunchy on the outside with a meaty center, much better when they are cooked."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Okenstalk begins to heal nearly immediately after the insects disperse. Both groups make their way back to his clearing. By the time the arrive Okenstalk is fully recovered leafs blooming out of each of his limbs. Choosing one of your group he instructs them to enter into his root system at a small hollow made by insects. To follow the caverns to his very core and there retrieve the blood stone. Okenstalk barely finishes speaking when he shrinks the individual down. Passing within the treent is slightly unnerving. However the slope is gentle. A large cavern at the center of the treent hold the gem which is now half the size you are. Dragging it from within Okenstalk you are returned to your original size.

The journey over the mountain goes without significant event. Off the trail and further up the mountains faint glimpses of a monastery can be seen, however, with a time crunch before you there is no opportunity to explore. You arrive back at the city gates the night before the harvest festival. You deliver the teleportation circle to the now nearly completed temple and the blood stone to Lord Larimore. The lord greatly praises you for your work delivering your promised payment for the trip. He further invites you to the dedication tomorrow night at moonrise.
Spoiler:
the group has the full day tomorrow to go about the city, make purchases exctera. Please post with any purchases you make in the IC or the OOC. Also post about your arrival at the temple. Their will be a large gathering of mostly nobles and rich merchants. Most people in the town now recognize you as working for lord Larimore and you are afforded a good deal of respect by them.
I can not remember what you were promised as a reward. If someone wants to look back and find it that is fine. If not everyone gets 200 gold pieces.
Spoiler:

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:55 pm

The time for the temple dedication is nearing and you make your way to the temple. What has previously been a buzz of construction is now a beautifully erected building.
The sounds now though is even louder than previously as the cities elite swell the gathering areas and front hall. Elegant women of all species and their dates dance in the center stage.
Lvl 1
lvl 2

The smell of exquisite food can be smelt from the north side along the long wall where chefs have been brought in to feed the guests. Many faces which you have seen throughout the city are there each greats you with gratitude for the help you have been to the city and for the generous donations of Lord Larimore. It seems that in the eyes of the city your party is inseparable from the Generous Lord.

As the time of the dedication approaches the Lady Aura Sol approaches you inquiring of the presence of Lord Larimore. It appears that neither himself, Shor-tay, or Cleric Bersk have been spotted all evening.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:26 pm

Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:54 pm
Thew'Ruk
Image Thew'Ruk looks around the hall. He was expecting to see the Halfling Paladin at the ceremony, having missed him for most of the day. It was very strange but even though they had only met recently, with the battles they had fought together the orc felt a kinship with the little half man. Turning to his other compatriates he tries to gauge their feelings about the night's festivities. "So, has anyone been to something like this before?"[/color]

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:32 am

Image "We will look for them. I for one can say that I have not seen them since the festivity’s began."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:44 pm

"I agree. Where were they last seen? I say we start there.

[/quote]

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:05 am

Thew'Ruk
Image Thew'Ruk thinks for a moment "Well I recall seeing him before I took some of my earnings to make a payment on my chestplate, but not since then."

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Image "The guards at the front, reported seeing Lord Larimore and Sir Shor-tay enter the building towards the start of the assembly. No one seems to have heard from them or seen them in the hours since."[/b][/color]

Return to “The Story”