The Darkness

In Context Discussion and Story Development.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: The Darkness

Post by swrider » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Meddar connects solidly with the beast knocking a a chunk from its neck. The beast flails in pain as its own moment pulls the remainder of the head from the body and the beast collapses into a pile of rubble. An eery quite settles over the scene as the other statues remain motionless guarding the entrance to the gravestones.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 am

As the stone creature crumbled Thew’Ruk made his way over to it, picking up a chunk of the now dead creature.
“what were you? Not like the ones we fought before I wonder,” he said before dropping the stone to the ground and looking around to see if any more unexpected foes were still about.

Perception:
Spoiler:
Total: 18
Bonus: 4
Character: Thew’Ruk
Campaign: Temple
Description: Perception
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:57 pm

The fallen creature is little more than stone at this point. Its fine granuals and weathered look give it the the appearance of old stone. further several distinct types of stone are mixed into the creature making it unlikely to be a natural occurrence. No further combatants can be seen in the area but you view is extremely limited by the darkness. Up to now the darkness has been increasing as you move further in. At this point an epicenter for the magical darkness can be determined to lie just past the ruined walls towards the graveyard. The darkness continues to grow in that direction, the area within the ruined walls is almost pitch black while from the walls to you still allows for the passage of minimal natural light.
Spoiler:
At this point you torches are still working

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:34 am

Gage will shoot his bullseye lantern in that direction and take a better look at things. "Are there more of those (gargoyle) around?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:40 am

Gage sees the other three gargoyle statues and the podium where the one that attacked you was originally perched. The statues show no signs of having moved.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:11 am

"Gage," Oomaq says he watches Gage swing the lantern around. "Are you thinking of knocking a couple extra heads off to be sure?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:10 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:11 am
"Gage," Oomaq says he watches Gage swing the lantern around. "Are you thinking of knocking a couple extra heads off to be sure?"
"It couldn't hurt! Though, it does invite retribution upon us for the desecration of a graveyard. Unfortunately, I have nothing that will break stone. We should venture carefully, careful to spy every direction as we go. "

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:27 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:10 am
ThreeBFour wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:11 am
"It couldn't hurt! Though, it does invite retribution upon us for the desecration of a graveyard. Unfortunately, I have nothing that will break stone. We should venture carefully, careful to spy every direction as we go. "
Oomaq chuckles quietly, "I'm pretty sure this graveyard is try to desecrate us."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:38 pm

"These foul undead and cursed darkness are already desecration. We are removing their foul contamination" Shor-tay chimes in.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:06 pm

"Either way we need to make haste. The longer we wait the greater the threat grows." Meddaar kicked the crumbled rubble of the now dead abomination.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Shor-tay lifts his mace and begins heading towards the entrance to the ruins. motioning for the others to follow. No signs of movement can be seen as you approach the gargolyes and as you are about to interact with them Gage notices something strange. A set of wagon wheel track leads directly to the large grave in the center and all of the grave stones are oriented towards that grave.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:51 pm

"Well this doesn't seem ominous or anything." Meddaar instinctively tightened the grip on his quarterstaff as they pressed further into the lion's den.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:31 pm

"Shor-tay, these wagon tracks lead either to or from the large gravestone (mauseleum) at the center. Who's is buried there?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:37 pm

"Records from this site are scant, but someone mention that zombies were using a cart to transport bodies when we were here last? I might be able to tell if we examine the tomb."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Shor-tay Moves cautiously towards the center to examine the grave. After a few moments he looks up towards the others. There is some dead grass caught between this lid and the underlying stone structure. I also see a lot of scratches like this has been moved a-lot. The marker is in an old language that I do not recognize.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:18 am

Total: 7
Bonus: 3
Character: Oomaq
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Investigation

Oomaq follows Sir Shor-tay's example and approaches the grave to look for clues.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Thew'Ruk moves over to calm the animals, The Storm, and the mule that they purchased with the cart, whispering softly to them both to let them know that they will be back and that they should wait here.

Total: 16
Character: Thew'Ruk
Campaign: Temple
Description: animal handling

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:56 pm

Both animals seem calm as Shortay moves towards the crypt. "Give me a hand pushing this over will you?" He says to no one in particular.

Oomaq notices little else about the central feature.
Spoiler:
athletics check required. DC 15 Shor-tay is taking the help action which allows whomever rolls to do so with advantage.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:57 pm

Oomaq doesn't notice anything else about the stone lid that Shor-Tay is trying to push aside. Giving up on his search he leans in and easily gives Shor-Tay the assistance he needed.
Total: 18 (Advantage)
Bonus: 3
Character: Oomaq
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Athletics
ImageImage

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:20 am

The Door to the crypt slides open slowly as they push.

Revealing a staircase which winds in a circular fashion downwards.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:25 am

Meddaar peers down the hole into the darkness. "Well Looks like there is only one way to go, and that's forward. Or rather down. Who's first? If no one wants to I will."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:54 pm

kanila wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:25 am
Meddaar peers down the hole into the darkness. "Well Looks like there is only one way to go, and that's forward. Or rather down. Who's first? If no one wants to I will."
Oomaq places his hand on Meddaar's arm, Hold a second my friend, like you I can see in the dark and my training may allow us to bypass any extra surprises before they happen. I would have no problem if you would like to be my second though."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:08 pm

"Is anyone able to tend to my wounds?" Gage is obviously gravely injured (2 of 17hps). meanwhile, he will tend to the rear and shine his lantern forward.

Gage casts Fiendish Vigor on himself (Gaining 5 temporary hps.)
Spoiler:
Total: 5
Character: Gage
Campaign: Dark Patron
Description: Fiendish Vigor
1D4= 1
indivdiual rolls: 1

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:02 am

Perhaps we should rest awhile before descending?
Spoiler:
Cleric Bersk and Shor-tay can both heal you a bit, however these methods are best reserved for when a person actually goes down. A short rest 30 min will allow you to spend a hit die to regain hit points (you recover half your hit dice rounded up on a long rest and can spend as many as you want on a short rest)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Thew'ruk waves his hand at the others while straining to hear, "I think I hear something down there."

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “The Story”