Klaverjassen

In Context Discussion and Story Development.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: Klaverjassen

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon May 14, 2018 11:52 pm

"You may want to call the others. We've got company coming up the hill towards us." Oomaq loosed an arrow down the hill towards the approaching undead. "I guess I wasn't as quiet as I though."

Total: 23 (Advantage)
Bonus: 5
Character: Oomaq
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Undead on hill attack
ImageImage

Total: 8
Bonus: 3
Character: Oomaq
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Zombie of hill damage
1D6= 5
indivdiual rolls: 5

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue May 15, 2018 12:49 am

Oomaq's arrow flies true striking its intended target right in the shoulder.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue May 15, 2018 2:58 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:52 pm
"You may want to call the others. We've got company coming up the hill towards us." Oomaq loosed an arrow down the hill towards the approaching undead. "I guess I wasn't as quiet as I though."
"Company?!?!!! I can't even see what you are shooting at! I am NOT going to fight holding a lantern and I am NOT going to call others to fight in near-total-darkness. Time to backtrack, Oomaq, report what we've seen." with that Gage begins to back down the hill trying to get the lantern to light the way.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 am

"We had better be careful of our route then. Because they are between us and our group. Here hold on to my tail." Oomaq places his tail in easy reach.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue May 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Oomaq can see the creatures following along behind himself and Gage. The familiar creature slowly falls behind but the new type seems to be matching their seed easily.
Spoiler:
Those with dark vision can see the creature at 60' out and can go ahead and take a turn. It is only 30 feet behind Gage and Oomaq. I went ahead and said Oomaq took a move on his turn to put them just ahead of the monster and bring the group back together. We will keep the same initiative order and just say this all took place during the intermediate rounds.

awarren
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by awarren » Tue May 15, 2018 6:00 pm

After placing a body into the cart, Bersk hears yells and running and turns around to see Oomaq and Gage rushing out of the darkness with a powerful looking zombie following behind. He readies his mace and shield and sends the most powerful blast of magical energy he can erupting from Pelor's emblem at the different, powerful zombie.
Spoiler:
Cleric Bersk casts Guiding Bolt. 4d6 radiant damage on a ranged spell attack hit. Next attack against the zombie gets advantage.

Total: 19
Character: Bersk
Campaign: Dark Patron of the Temple of Lihgt
Description: Ranged Spell Attack - Guiding Bolt

Damage:
Total: 10
Bonus:
Character: Bersk
Campaign: Dark Patron of the Temple of Lihgt
Description: Damage for Guiding Bolt
4D6= 10
indivdiual rolls: 3, 3, 3, 1

10 Damage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 16, 2018 1:28 am

Gage now realizes the horror chasing him and sends a bolt of force energy his way!
Spoiler:
Total: 25
Character: Gage
Campaign: Dark Patron
Description: Eldritch Blast

Total: 9 + 6 = 15 Damage!
Bonus:
Character:
Campaign:
Description:
1D10= 9
indivdiual rolls: 9

Total: 6
Bonus: 0
Character: Gage
Campaign: Dark Patron
Description: 1d10 Critical Roll
1D10= 6
indivdiual rolls: 6

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed May 16, 2018 3:59 pm

The force rips the creature into peices spraying them all over the field. Their is no sight of the second creature which they say on their scouting trip.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed May 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Thew’Ruk, having been about to rage, sees that the strange beast had been done away with by his allies and relaxes. It was not pleasant doing that too many times per day and he preferred to limit the occurrences.

“This one looks different from the others we fought, why do you think they is?”
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed May 16, 2018 5:26 pm

"There's another like the ones from earlier somewhere behind us. They were loading up a cart with the dead, seemingly under the direction of the one we just killed."
Oomaq states while keeping his eyes open towards where they just came from.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 17, 2018 9:49 pm

"With darkness falling, perhaps NOW is the time to fall back. Perhaps our additional information will be of some use."

"BTW, Shor-tay, we saw another wagon loaded with corpses over that hill in the darkness. Was someone sent to retrieve bodies before us?"
asks Gage.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 pm

"From what I recall, the order did not send out any wagons with its troops and they had no one besides us to send when they were notified of the need. Cleric Bersk would know better, but I know the city did not send out any personnel or wagons."

awarren

Post by awarren » Thu May 17, 2018 10:10 pm

"No one was sent before us, not by the order anyway.... the undead creature that was directing others to collect bodies was acting completely against it's nature. I believe it must be under the control of something or someone else using it as a surrogate to collect the bodies.

It's desire to immediately eat flesh would make collecting bodies and directing others in an organized manner impossible unless something was exerting significant influence on it."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu May 17, 2018 10:17 pm

"I agree with Gage, let us move back down that path and camp for the night. It does not seem wise to travel in the dark."

awarren

Post by awarren » Thu May 17, 2018 11:14 pm

Bersk makes sure the bodies loaded into the cart are secure and gets up into the driver's seat. "I agree as well. We all need some rest - let's go."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 am

The group backtracks away from the battle field onto the path from the city. Moving a little ways into the woods they find a clearing with the night starts mostly visible indicating they have moved a little ways into the penumbra of the unnatural blackness.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri May 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Eight hours pass quickly and without event. The knowledge that their may be undead less than a mile from you makes many of you uneasy, but the bodies you collected are safe as are you for now. As the darkness begins to recede with the light a day a bright light appears off into the forest. A small sphere almost like a torch but much brighter which moves around gaining altitude and then lowering and passing back and forth through the trees.
Spoiler:
I am assuming you guys collected the second cart though it was never mentioned IC[/spolier]

awarren

Post by awarren » Fri May 18, 2018 11:45 pm

Cleric Bersk wakes up and is surprised by the light. He tries to analyze it. Hey guys - do you see that light? It's strange, I know of no arcane magic that could produce such an effect. Shall we go investigate it?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 19, 2018 12:07 am

"What ever it is appears to be keeping its distance. Perhaps we should leave it alone and head to the city." Shor-Tay responds.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat May 19, 2018 12:19 am

Meddaar stares art the light as a memory surfaces. "I've heard tales of guiding lights. The stories say that they can guide people to safety during times of crisis. Or even to something to help in such times. But there are also tales of undead creatures that mimic the light to devour the unfortunate soul that is lured by its trap. Cleric Bersk? You said you could sense the undead correct? Do you sense any now?" This could be a blessing that could help them fight back the darkness... Or it could be part of it... But there was only one way to find out.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat May 19, 2018 1:27 am

Oomaq stretches out the night's kinks while watching the glowing orb. "So, do we follow it or kill it?"
he asks as he finishes and grabs his bow.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat May 19, 2018 1:40 am

Meddaar stood and motion for the bow to be put down. He slowly approached the glowing orb. "The darkness is behind us now. Perhaps this could be leading towards something to help us fight the evil that is inevitably heading this way."
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat May 19, 2018 1:47 am

"Or as you said was a possibility before we could be breakfast."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat May 19, 2018 1:55 am

Meddaar paused on his approach, not because of the warning but because he waited for the Clerics response. For some reason he couldn't explain, even to himself, he felt that the light was not there for evil purposes.

awarren

Post by awarren » Sat May 19, 2018 2:38 am

"Everyone, be quiet a moment..." Bersk slowed his breathing and focused his senses. He reached out with his mind and "felt" the area around the party, particularly focusing on the light. His mind rolled over the nearby wilderness like a hand moving along an expertly sanded plank of wood, searching for imperfections... any undead would be felt as if it was an abhorrent jagged splinter.
Spoiler:
I use Eyes of the Grave. If the light is not within 60ft, I move within 60ft, I will make a stealth role if necessary.

Grave Domain: Eyes of the Grave. At 1st level, you gain the ability to occasionally sense the presence of the undead, whose existence is an insult to the natural cycle of life. As an action, you can open your awareness to magically detect undead. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any undead within 60 feet of you that isn’t behind total cover and that isn’t protected from divination magic. This sense doesn’t tell you anything about a creature’s capabilities or identity.
Last edited by awarren on Sat May 19, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Story”