Klaverjassen

In Context Discussion and Story Development.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
awarren
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Re: Klaverjassen

Post by awarren » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:17 am

Bersk quietly drinks his ale (5sp) with the others at the Tavern, seemingly lost in contemplation. He eventually looks up and speaks. "The "necropolis" is the ruins of an ancient city. I don't know much about it's history, but there are many ancient burial grounds on the site. Unten should know more about it at this point - I ordered him to research it before we left. If anyone wants to come with me I'm going to head over the temple soon to get his report. Anyone willing to face down the horrors alongside me should get direct access to everything the Order knows."
Last edited by awarren on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:56 am

Thew’Ruk drinks his ale slowly, it is his second one (10sp?) but he too has been sitting quietly and mulling over what the others had to say.
Perhaps I should trust these men.

Thew’Ruk sets down his drink, ”I am not a man without a family, nor have I had any speacial visions like our compatriots here, and I only stumbled upon this city by chance after a journey of many miles. I come from a place called Ahsel, where I had to flee from after the ruling tyrant decreed me an enemy of the state for organizing an uprising. My own grandfather had fled religious persecution for converting to the worship of Pelor and had found a home in Ahsel where he met my grandmother. I don’t know what Pelor is intending for me, but I feel like I am on a journey that will take me back home and that this might be a part of it.

Thew’Ruk looks a bit sheepishly at his mug after having made himself vulnerable by puting what he was feeling into words, but then he downs the rest of his drink, “I will come with you Bersk, I feel this is what I am supposed to do and I want to make sure we all make it out alive. Would the stables by chance be close to the temple, I need to find a place to keep The Storm while we wait and to purchase materials for his training.”
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:41 pm

"City Guard stables are near by. You can host him there in the berth reserved for my non-existent horse." Shor-tay interrupts.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 pm

Oomaq walks into the Tavern just in time to catch Bersk's statement about the Necropolis. Sorry guys, did I miss much? I thought we were all going to the market before coming back here." He says holding up a new leather quiver filled with a set of black fletched arrows inside.
Calling over the Tavern Wench he orders "I'll take an ale and a Fancy Man's Feast, minus the daughter." He adds the last part with a wink.
Then turns back to the party, "Has anything been decided that I need to know about? I'm still in for going with you guys. I've got nothing else happening right now and who knows we might find."
Spoiler:
1 gp for arrows, 1 gp for quiver, 1 gp for rations x2, 2 gp for ale and fancy man's feast.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:02 am

Turning to Oomak Thew’Ruk smiled, “Sorry for the confusion, I am actually off to buy some supplies at the stables now. Drink and eat as you like, I’ve left some coin with the inn-keep that should cover it, my way of saying thanks for The Storm. Soon though we will be going with the cleric Bersk to discuss the matters of this necropolis more, so don’t drink too much.” Getting up and letting out a hearty laugh at his own efforts at a joke, Thew’Ruk adjusted his gear and got ready to head to the stables before pausing, “Sir Shor-Tay would you mind walking with me for a bit.”

As the two made their way to the stables Thew’Ruk spoke In a grave tone of the coming danger and how they might prepare, their voices fading into the distance as they grew farther away from the tavern, "So who do I have to talk to about borrowing some armor...?"
Spoiler:
Purchased:
8 days worth of training materials (40 gp)
10 days worth of horse feed (50 cp)
Drinks at bar (?GP)

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:37 pm

"In our culture armor is usually buried with the owner or passed to an heir. Since armor is often custom made for the individual it would be hard to borrow a set. Lord Larimore is in charge of the city guard and may know of some armor which is available in the armory, but I would not know for sure. I will ask for you when I go to see him. What type of armor did you wish to use?"

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:17 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:37 pm
"In our culture armor is usually buried with the owner or passed to an heir. Since armor is often custom made for the individual it would be hard to borrow a set. Lord Larimore is in charge of the city guard and may know of some armor which is available in the armory, but I would not know for sure. I will ask for you when I go to see him. What type of armor did you wish to use?"
I'm glad I didn't ask to take some armor off the dead, Thew'Ruk thought to himself.
"That is an interesting custom, where I come from we are a very poor people, so we usually repurpose everything we can get, especially when it comes to arms and armor, but it is a very nice custom as well," he said with genuine admiration in his voice before gazing off in contemplation, "Something that I could move around in, but that would allow me to be able to take blows for the rest of the group more easily, maybe a breastplate or a scale mail, though based on what you said I doubt you just have that sitting around? A shield might do just as well, but then I would have to get a different weapon."

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:04 pm

"I will see if anything is available. I must get going now to make my meeting. I will see you either at the temple or at the inn."

Return to “The Story”