Klaverjassen

In Context Discussion and Story Development.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
awarren
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Re: Klaverjassen

Post by awarren » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:37 pm

With an embarrassed look on his face Cleric Bersk mutters a reply: We had a... bad experience.... riding them on the way to the battlefield.

ANYWAYS... do you bring any news from Klaverjassen? I had directed Unten Dahega to gather a team of acolytes to perform some research for me. Did he provide you any information before you left?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:54 pm

"They are hard at work getting that information go you."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:42 am

"We should continue back and complete our assignment, unless there is something else to discuss?" replies Gage.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:09 am

Oomaq steps from the bushes, bow lowered, but still notched and ready. "So our horses didn't return? Most will return home, not that I like they still."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:33 am

"Let's had back and discuss the details on the way. We have spent enough time amongst the dead, both resting in eternal peace and the waking kind." Meddaar guides the wagon back to the road and mounts it ready to finish this little adventure and get some well deserved rest.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:40 pm

The rider having announced himself as being from the city seemed to make everyone calm down, Thew'Ruk included, and the half-orc lowered his guard and began to walk over to where his horses had been tied up. He looked forlornly at Storm Caller knowing that he would have to give her up soon, and then he took a glance over at his other horse that would be able to stay with him, Storm, the great war horse that had tried to trample them to death in fear of a little snake. It will be a bitter day when I have to say my farewells to you Storm Caller, but I will not forget you
"Storm, to me," Thew'Ruk called as he grabbed the reigns of his horse and mounted up.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:31 am

Shor-tay moves forward to the rider handing him a scroll. "we recovered this off a fallen rider. It is not in our code and could be from the enemy forces. Please take it to Lord Larimore as quickly as possible and see if he can decode the message." With that the rider confirms his orders and gallops away back toward the city. Your group meanders through the streets and forests until the great walls of the city loom before you. A single guard at the entrance recognizes you and opens the gate welcoming you back. Inside the preparations for the harvest festival are well on the way, though the joyous tone settles down at the site of their fallen warriors. From somewhere within the crowd an angry voice calls out that some of the dead are the barbarians and the crowd begins to get angry throwing several types of vegetables at you. A loud voice silences the crowd as Lord Larimore rides up on a horse. "I am certain their is an explanation for this. He glares at the group before dismissing the crowd back to their activities.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Gage walks up closer to the horse carrying Lord Larimore and speaks in a low voice to him so as not to be overheard but anyone in the crowd, "The dead rise to walk again at the battlefront and seek to murder the living. We thought it best to retrieve what we could and escape with our lives."
Spoiler:
Total: 17
Bonus: 5
Character: Gage
Campaign: Dark Patron
Description: Persuasion

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Lord Larimore looks over the group for a moment, before turning to the crowd. calling on them to offload the barbarians and gather wood for a fire. He rouses them up to burn the bodies in the market square. The barbarian bodies are quickly offloaded and the lord beckons you all to follow him as he leads you to the temple.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Thew’Ruk dismounts from storm before taking the horse by the reigns and moving to follow after the lord.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:01 am

When you arrive at the temple Unten comes down to meet you with several acolytes who being to unload the bodies. Unten moves to unhook a puch but is stoped by Lord Larimore "I will pay these indivduals for their service." He holds out his hand revealing an ornate ring.

Lifting the ring on the lid he wave his hand over the ring he asks how much was promises and then waves his hand over the ring. First a coin pouch appears then coins fly out of the ring filling the bag. He grabs the bag and tosses it to Cleric Bersk for distribution before shutting the lid on the ring. "I will return to working on the translation of the scroll. Sir Shor-tay, please come and find me in a few hours to discuss its contents."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:44 am

"I don't know how you all feel about it, but I just wanted to say I've been watching that big lummox make gaga eyes at Storm Caller for the last two days and personally I'd say that if no other has claim on her let her be his." Oomaq says as
Lord Larimore leaves. "Provided, of course, he makes a donation to the village's orphans." He adds with a large smile.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:04 am

Shor-Tay looks towards the large horse. "Better him than I. Just looking at that thing makes me want to make an ale donation to my stomach. I'm headed to the tavern we were at before until it is time to meet up with Lord Larimore.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:16 am

"I have no issues with that. Riding isn't really my thing anyways. I won need to take the herbs we gathered though to begin mashing potions. After everything we've been through so far I believe they will come in handy." Meddaar waited for the others to conclude their business before heading back towards the market. He wasn't necessarily keen on seeing how they would react to the ones who brought the dead barbarians inside their city walls, but he needed to restock his supplies.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:34 am

"An ale or four sounds good right now, but I should probably probably stop by the market 1st and replenish. I need a new quiver of arrows and a look around."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:57 pm

It feels uneasy to stand around while evil lurks beyond the darkness. We should re-equip and prepare to return." he says looking at Shor-tay.
Spoiler:
Looking to purchase this stuff...

Candle 1 cp —
Case, map or scroll 1 gp 1 lb.
Chalk (1 piece) 1 cp —
Lantern, bullseye 10 gp 2 lb.
Lantern, hooded 5 gp 2 lb.
Oil (flask) 1 sp 1 lb.
Rations (1 day) 5 sp 2 lb.
Sack 1 cp 1/2 lb.
Tinderbox 5 sp 1 lb.
Torch 1 cp 1 lb.
Waterskin 2 sp 5 lb. (full)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:19 am

Thew'Ruk, who had been walking with the group while holding the reigns of the war horse The Storm, looked to the others, "I appreciate all of your generosity, I know that under usual circumstances when a group travels together they split the spoils, and this horse could certainly fetch a fair price. This will not be forgotten, at least not until I've bought a round or two for all of us at the tavern," he finished with a smile.

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:09 pm

"I must go see the Fletcher for another quiver of arrows and probably pick up some replacement rations. I'll meet you at the Tavern. What do you guys think about some kind of pack beasts?" Oomaq says turning towards the market but pausing for an answer before heading away.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:05 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:57 pm
It feels uneasy to stand around while evil lurks beyond the darkness. We should re-equip and prepare to return." he says looking at Shor-tay.
"Stand if you want, but I like to drink on my rear. The information requested by Cleric Bersk and perhaps that scroll may prove helpful. The rider was not dressed as the barbarians were so he was not one of them. If you want to storm off into big scary unnatural darkness surrounding a giant necropolises where the dead are walking around collecting bodies without waiting a few horse for potentially life saving information then all power to you. Be sure to let me know how it goes for you. "

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:00 am

"It is wise, then, to wait for further information if it helps us. What does anyone here know of the Necropolis? Has this happened before?" says Gage.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:22 am

"I know little of this necropolis, perhaps if we have time we could do some research into its history. Surely a library can be found within this cities walls that could hold some clue to the mystery. And as far as pack animals go I believe it would be wise as well. I was going to look for a mule and pack saddle myself. A cart and draft horse would be useful for long travels but I'm not sure it would be of much use in the necropolis."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:44 pm

I was going to look for the stables after we shared a drink in order to find materials for training The Storm, perhaps we could also find the pack animals for the trip in the process.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Shor-tay specifies that he has never had much interest in the necropolises though, he believes, the order or Lord larimore would know more about it. He makes his way to the tavern and orders himself a pint of ale (5sp). "I have no need of resupply so I will meet you here Unless it is time for me to report to Lord Larimore. Tell me though, why are you all so anxious to run off to this foul darkness? Typically that would be handled by the order or the city gaurd."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:18 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:41 pm
Shor-tay....."....Tell me though, why are you all so anxious to run off to this foul darkness? Typically that would be handled by the order or the city guard."
"I have had visions of horrible things coming from the darkness. I feel it is my duty to help prevent the onslaught of the dark ones. I feel that Pelor has brought me this far, for this purpose."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:00 pm

"It is simply the right thing to do. I am a drifter and therefore have no family to leave behind, while the Order and City Guard all have loved ones." He stated simply.

Return to “The Story”