Town

In Context Discussion and Story Development.
Forum rules
Image


Next * Update * Edit
User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#76

Post by swrider » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:22 am

You quickly make you way back to the rickety wooden bridge. Just in time to see one of the feeling yuan ti pulled into the water by an alligator. The humanity if flails violently before disabling into troubled water. In me instants the water settles with no indication that anything had happened.
Spoiler:
Did you guys pick up your gear? ;)

Midwest82
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:04 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Town

#77

Post by Midwest82 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:40 pm

Kretsu quickly joins the others with his gear in tow. "Thank you all for rescuing me. I thought for sure I was a dead man." He begins to put on what he can removing the poison ivy from around his waist.

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2619
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#78

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:32 pm

Image
"Welcome, I'm Oomaq, the guy with the magical hands is Gage; Meddar is the scaly looking monk and the funky looking plant machine behind us is Fern."

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3923
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Town

#79

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:24 pm

Image "We must return with these dragon scales at once!"

A little Prestidigitation will help that rash."
says Gage as he invokes a chilly, cleaning effect on Kretsu's groin from a few feet away. (0-level spell)


Midwest82
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:04 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Town

#80

Post by Midwest82 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:13 pm

"Nice to meet you all, again thanks for your aid." Kretsu gets out while dressing himself. "I managed to take a wrong turn and was captured by these things. I am a druid of Aerenar. As well as a skillful healer. If you would permit me to join your group I may be of some great help." Kretsu looks to the group to see who needs aid as he picks up his staff of healing.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3923
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Town

#81

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:13 pm

Midwest82 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:13 pm
"Nice to meet you all, again thanks for your aid." Kretsu gets out while dressing himself. "I managed to take a wrong turn and was captured by these things. I am a druid of Aerenar. As well as a skillful healer. If you would permit me to join your group I may be of some great help." Kretsu looks to the group to see who needs aid as he picks up his staff of healing.
"A healer, you say? Healers are ALWAYS welcome! As you can see, we are missing an "Elf" from our collection of allies!" Gage says with a hint of humor!

"Aerenar is a god? Or is it a place?"

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#82

Post by swrider » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:54 am

Your local druidic escort steps forward. A diety, though one not commonly worshiped in these parts. We must get you back to your portal quickly. These Yuan- Ti will be back with reinforcements. The alligators are feeding already if we are quick they should not bother us. As soon as she finishes speaking the elf dashes off across the bridge heading back into the swamp towards your portal.

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2619
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#83

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:21 am

Image
Oomaq doesn't say a word as he takes a look at the alligators and quickly follows the druid."

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2619
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#84

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:28 am

Image
"Greeting Kretsu," the Warforged says as it brings up the rear. "We must hurry if you please."

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#85

Post by swrider » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:40 pm

You hurry back through the swamps making your way to where the protal dropped you. Using the item the wizard provided the portal opens as the item disitegrates in your hand. Each of you step through making your way back to the city into the Arcane Academy. The Arch Mage walks into the room. Were you able to retrieve the scales?

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3923
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Town

#86

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:14 pm

swrider wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:40 pm
You hurry back through the swamps making your way to where the protal dropped you. Using the item the wizard provided the portal opens as the item disitegrates in your hand. Each of you step through making your way back to the city into the Arcane Academy. The Arch Mage walks into the room. Were you able to retrieve the scales?
Image "Why, YES!!! SEVERAL scale, if you must know!"


User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#87

Post by swrider » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:23 am

Excellent our mages are preparing their magic to create the semulacrum now. You will need to journy with them to the top of the snowy peaks and help them make the snow dragon. With your scales and their magic the dragon will come to life to protect the city. I very much doubt it will stop the hoard of undead that are even now approaching the city, but with the dragons help and our other preperations we stand a fighting chance. The dark cloud has remaind stagnant the last few days bur our scouts report this is because the Avatar of Orcus is having his undead gather more forces. We anticipate them moving toward the city within days and being here within the week. The mages will be ready to depart in the morning, Meet them here to provide escort.

The mage throws each of you a bag full of 500gps.

Equip yourselves with anything you may need, your quest is of the higest importance.
Spoiler:
Midwest has informed me that he needs to step a way for a bit. As such his druid will not be acompnaying you with your trip. If you wish to move your character forward in the game please post something in the IC or OOC letting me know as much.

kanila
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3862
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Town

#88

Post by kanila » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:07 am

”How difficult is the terrain we will be crossing? And will I be able to bring a wagon with donkeys?”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#89

Post by swrider » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:13 pm

The path up to the mountains is failrly well traveled and should not be a big problem, for the wagon. You will need to diverge from the path to head to the peaks with the snow this time of the year. I belive tha you may be able to go near the monestary you previously traveled to. That being said, the darkness is nearing the mountain so I recommend taking only what is necessary and will not slow you down.

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#90

Post by swrider » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:45 am

As the sun rises in the city the next morning the adventurers wake an dmake their way to the designated meeting area. The cool morning dews send a chill down their spines. In off in the distance an erie darkness can be seen that does not dimish as the sun rises. Two mages wait as you arrive, they look anxious to begin their journey. The older of the two steps forward. "you have been there before, please lead the way."

Post Reply

Return to “The Story”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest