Town

In Context Discussion and Story Development.
Forum rules
Image


Next * Update * Edit
User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Town

#1

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Finishing up your business with Azure and the monks was easy enough. As you leave the monetary you can see the darkness in the distance back towards Klaverjassen. The darkness moves slowly headed in your direction. The speed of progression is slower than you remembered it being and you are left to wonder the reason. Heading down the mountain and through the woods is fairly simple. The path seems to have been vacated as word of the invasion must have already spread, undoubtedly by those who went through the portal. After a long journey you arrive at the capital gates, now shut. Several guards stand outside. One of the points to you and approaches informing you that the governing council wants to speak with you. The guard along with five others from inside escort you to a lavish building. Ornate carvings and stone features line the halls and in the center is a large domed room. You are told to stand in the middle and within a few minutes several lavishly dressed individuals take seats in podiums around the edges. The guards remain nearby.

It has come to our attention that you have been in league with Lord Larimore and Sir Shortay in the bringing forth of this plague. How plead you to these charges?

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Town

#2

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:17 pm

"BETRAYED by Larimore and Shortay, you should say!!! We are victims as much as you are!!!"

"We have been diligent in our efforts to counter this darkness. We ventured into perilous domains to retrieve a means to counter this darkness. We are prepared to offer these magics, if only we knew our standing with you. Where do we stand?"

...replies Gage.

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#3

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:10 pm

You stand accused. You say you were victims and have been seeking to help. Present your evidence.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Town

#4

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:54 pm

swrider wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:10 pm
You stand accused. You say you were victims and have been seeking to help. Present your evidence.
Image Gage motions for the presentation of the bags of Ruby Dust. "HERE!!! Our evidence!! We have key components for a protective ward around the city. This dust and THIS magical scroll will keep the encroaching darkness at-bay."

"We, too, have lost friends and allies along the way. We were betrayed, as were you. There is nothing to do now but to survive and fight the darkness together."



User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#5

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Image
Oomaq steps forward.
"We need to find a way to either reverse what Larimore and Shor-tay have done. There are lots of innocent people who have been affected by this, but at the very least there has to be a way to stop this."

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#6

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:43 am

The council moves to discuss what has just been said. examining the scroll and taking the ruby dust.


We are content with your evidence and your willingness to help. The high priest will rally the clerics to perform the ritual with our speel. The archmage has a plan to assist us on the offensive but could use your assistance. We desire to raise a simulacrum of an ancient black dragon to project the city. We need you to retrieve a scale from the dragon in the great swamp. His yaun-ti worshipers collect the scales and use them in their worship within his temple. Are you willing to undertake this quest?

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#7

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:03 am

Image
"This has become a most interesting couple of months as far as meeting things go. A Treeman, A Rock-woman, Beings of Fire, and now a Dragon. I'm in. Oomaq muses out loud.

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#8

Post by swrider » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:02 pm

If the rest of you agree go ahead and prepare yourselves. The Archmage will teleport you there when you are ready. Please make hast time is of the essence.

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#9

Post by swrider » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:32 pm

When they go returns ready to leave the arch mage have them a necklace. Telling them to break it when they are ready to return and he will open a portal to them.

Confirming the instructions are understood he opens a portal allowing the group to walk through.

On the other side you find your in a swampy forest. Large puddles of stagnant water are all around interested with the roots and soggy ground patches. If in the distance you can make it the to of a stepped pyramid. The supposed home if the dragon and good yaun-ti worshipers.

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#10

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Image
Fern looks around the area. "Interesting. I don't think I have been to a place like this before."
Spoiler:
Total: 11
Bonus: 4
Character: Fern
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Perception
Image

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#11

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:04 pm

Image
"Actually it's not too dissimilar from my own home." Oomaq says looking around himself before distractedly lifting a foot from the swampy ground. "Although the ground is a bit drier."
Spoiler:
Total: 3
Bonus: 2
Character: Oomaq
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Perception
Image
Critical failure on a general Perception check? Walks into a tree he didn't see?

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#12

Post by swrider » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:12 pm

Fern thinks he sees movement moments before oomaq steps ontop of an alligator he thinks is a tree.

The creature dives away lanind oomaq is swampy water.
Spoiler:
Oomaq needs to make a swim check (athletics?) Dc ten or sink. He has disadvantage because the water is swampy and difficult to swim in

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#13

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:32 pm

Image
Oomaq steps onto the log, yelping in surprise as it takes off under him causing him to lose his balance and fall backwards into the muddy water, it quickly sucking him in despite his attempt to right himself and swim to the hummock he fell from.
Spoiler:
Total: 9
Bonus: 4
Character: Oomaq
Campaign: Temple of Light
Description: Athletics - Swim
Image
Of course he misses the check.... :lol:

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#14

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:40 pm

Image
"I think I saw something move over there." Fern says pointing towards a small copse of trees, just as a large splash sprays itwith muddy, greenish water.

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#15

Post by swrider » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:07 pm

The alligator quickly submerges beneath the murky swamp water after its initial attack. Diapering completely from view. Only the slight sound of moving water and the ripples along its surface giving any indication of the previous occupation.
The sound of birds, frogs and crickets which surrounded you at your arrival and now notably absent. The portal behind you snaps shut its illuminating glow dissipating leaving only the distilled light which trickles down through the treetops
and through the mists of the swamp. As your eyes adjust you see swampland all around you. The ground is littered with puddles, mud, and foliage. Solid ground is obscured and each step you take must be carefully tested and controlled to prevent falls.
Lights in the direction of the temple can be seen flickering as from torches. The path to the temple seemly marked on either side by torches elevated on large poles. From your current distance you are unable to see any other features. After a few minutes
the sounds of swamp life begin to return.

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#16

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:39 pm

Image
"HELP!!! The muck has me."

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#17

Post by swrider » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:53 pm

Another Aligator appears from the mud its face inches from the Monkey man's head. Its form begins to distort as the snout shrinks revealing the face of a young looking elf female. She reaches out with her arms to help. Speaking in Elvish
videte ne qua ambulas

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#18

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:34 pm

Image
"AAAAAHHHH!!!! Help! Oomaq screams as the creature turns from alligator to Elf. Uh! Gratias tibi. Quis es? He replies to her in Elvish.

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#19

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:53 pm

Image
Fern shakes its head to clear the water from its optics, after the initial splash. Looking down it sees their companion in the muck. "Friend Oomaq what are you doing in there? It asks as it starts to reach down to help pull him out, stopping when it sees the alligator become an Elf. "Most interesting."

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Town

#20

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:57 pm

Image "Sebli????" asks a puzzled Gage (in Elven).

"By the gods!!! An alligator into an Elf!!!"


User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#21

Post by swrider » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:56 pm

I am Alinar guardian of these swamplands. Who are you?

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#22

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Image
Oomaq allows himself to be helped back onto solid ground, nodding thanks to the Warforged. "I'm Oomaq, and obviously I'm out of my depth."

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Town

#23

Post by swrider » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:54 pm

Indeed I've never seen your kind before. Where do you come from and why are you here?

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3826
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Town

#24

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:58 am

Image
"We are from a far-away kingdom under invasion by dark forces. Darkness falls across the land and the dead are brought to walk again. We come seeking a scale of a black dragon.
With it, out mages can fabricate a spell for our protection. There is such a dragon in this swamp, yes?
And the Yuan-ti ahead collect such things, yes? We wish to contact them. Can you help us?"


Spoiler:
We desire to raise a simulacrum of an ancient black dragon to project the city. We need you to retrieve a scale from the dragon in the great swamp. His yaun-ti worshipers collect the scales and use them in their worship within his temple. Are you willing to undertake this quest?

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Town

#25

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:09 am

Image
"Gage I'm fairly sure she meant which race of beings am I. Remember my kind rarely makes it out from the Southern Jungles and are not well known." Oomaq says to his friend, then turning to the Elf continues, "Lady Alinar I am Oomaq of the Vanara, and as my friend stated we are on a quest of most importance."

Post Reply

Return to “The Story”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests