Grigor Bersk, Firbolg Cleric

This forum is for approved characters and NPCs.
awarren
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Grigor Bersk, Firbolg Cleric

Post by awarren » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Character Info
Name: Grigor Bersk (M)Class & Level: Cleric of Pelor/Grave Domain 2Background: Haunted One
Race: Firblog Alignment: Chaotic Goodexperience Points: 0
*Cleric Grave Domain found in Xanthar's Guide to Everything
*Firblog Race found in Volo's Guide to Monsters
*Haunted One Background found in Curse of Strahd and was released for free:http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads ... ptions.pdf
Most Used Stats AC: 18 (with Shield)
Initiative: +1
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Speed: 30
Current Hit Points: 15
Hit Points Max: 15

Hit Dice Available: 2d8
Hit Dice Total: 2d8

Death Saves:
Life/Death
Passive Perception: 13
Inspiration:
Personality
Spoiler:
Appearance: In his natural form he is large, 8ft, and has a greenish tinge to his skin. He has dark hair and a long braided beard. When traveling through large groups of humans, he likes to disguise himself as a blonde human with short hair and a goatee.

Personality Trait I don't run from evil, evil runs from me

Ideals: I have a dark calling that puts me above the law (Chaotic)

Bonds: A terrible guilt consumes me. I hope I can find redemption through my actions.

Flaws: Destroying the Undead is more important than anything else.

Backstory:

When I was in my youth, I lived in an isolated tribal village of Firbolg. I was rebellious and took a liking to an attractive flirty elf girl named Bethrynna who I would meet on a nearby road sometimes. When she asked to see my tribal community, I lead her inside under the cover of darkness. Bringing outsiders into the community was strongly discouraged. She was entranced by the magical sights of our village, but was most fascinated by our sacred protected burial grounds. No outsider was allowed inside, it was an egregious violation of our ways. However, I was enthralled with her and did not hesitate to let her inside when she asked. We sat down by the graves and she took a tome under out of her bag and began chanting. Before I knew it, the re-animated corpses of our dead ancestors sprung forth from their graves and laid waste to the village. She giggled as I cowered in fear. A monstrous zombie stormed the village elder's abode and emerged with glimmering objects of obvious druidic power. It placed these into Bethrynna's hands as she jumped up and down ecstatically. Bethrynna turned to me, curtsied, thanked me, and walked away - blowing a kiss towards me just before she got out of view. The obedient zombies followed her and I was left cowering alone among the ruins and corpses of my people.

I cowered in the ruins for a day before making my way toward the road. I walked for 3 days before collapsing. I awoke in a Temple to Pelor under the care of healers who had found me on the road. Since I had no where else to go, I stayed at the Temple and began training as an initiate into the Order of Sol. I spent my time studying in the Catacombs beneath the temple. There was something comforting about making sure the dead were resting peacefully and undisturbed. On the eve of my induction into the Order, I was called up to talk to the leader of the Order. She said she had received an extremely unusual directive from Pelor. I was to become Pelor's first Cleric of the Grave in hundreds of years, uniquely gifted to protect the dead and to destroy undead abominations. My highest calling in life is to deliver utter destruction upon the undead, killing the Necromancer Bethrynna above all. I will get No earthly law or king will prevent me from fulfilling my destiny.

My day to day job is at the Grave Keeper of Pelor. I protect the dead and their resting places.
Attacks
WeaponAttack BonusDamage/Type
Mace +4 1d6 + 2 Bludgeoning
Light Crossbow +4 1d8 + 2 Piercing
Characteristics Charisma: 8 (-1)
Wisdom: 17 [15+2] (+3)
Intelligence: 10 (0)
Strength: 14 [13+1] (+2)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Saves * means proficient
+1* Charisma
+5* Wisdom
0 Intelligence
+2 Strength
+2 Dexterity
+1 Constitution

Spell Slots
Spoiler:
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5
Level SlotsSlots Used
Cantrip N/AN/A
1 31
2 00
3 00
4 00
5 00
6 00
7 00
8 00
9 00
Spells Prepared
Spoiler:
*found in Xanthar's Guide to Everything

Cantrip:
  • Toll the Dead*
  • Guidance
  • Sacred Flame
  • Spare the Dying (Domain Feature)
1st:
  • Cure Wounds
  • Healing Word
  • Guiding Bolt
  • Bless
  • Bane (Domain Spell)
  • False Life (Domain Spell)
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
7th:
8th:
9th:
Skills * means proficient
  1. +2 Acrobatics (Dex)
  2. +3 Animal handling (Wis)
  3. +2* Arcana (Int)
  4. +2 Athletics (Str)
  5. -1 Deception (Cha)
  6. 0 History (Int)
  7. +5* insight (Wis)
  8. -1 intimidation (Cha)
  9. +2* Investigation (Int)
  10. +3 Medicine (Wis)
  11. +0 Nature (Int)
  12. +3 Perception (Wis)
  13. -1 Performance (Cha)
  14. -1 Persuasion (Cha)
  15. +2* Religion (Int)
  16. +2 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
  17. +2 Stealth (Dex)
  18. +3 Survival (Wis)
Languages
  • Common
  • Elvish
  • Celestial
  • Giant
Proficiencies
  • Arcana
  • Charisma Saving Throws
  • Investigation
  • Insight
  • Light Armor
  • Medium Armor
  • Religion
  • Shields
  • Simple Weapons
  • Wisdom Saving Throws
Racial Abilities
  • +2 to WIS, +1 to STR
  • Firbolg Magic. Once per short or long rest you can cast both the Detect Magic and Disguise Self spells using Wisdom as your spellcasting ability. This version of Disguise Self lets you appear up to 3 feet shorter, thus allowing you to blend in with humans and elves.
  • Hidden Step. Once per short or long rest, you can magically turn Invisible until the start of your next turn as a bonus action. The ability ends early if you attack, deal any damage, or force anyone to make a saving throw
  • Powerful Build. When determining your carry, push, drag, or lift capacity, you count as one size larger.
  • Speech of Beast and Leaf. You can communicate with beasts and plants. You also have advantage on Charisma checks to influence them. These creatures can understand the meaning of your words, even though you cannot understand them in return.
Special Abilities
  • Grave Domain: Circle of Mortality. At 1st level, you gain the ability to manipulate the line between life and death. When you would normally roll one or more dice to restore hit points with a spell to a creature at 0 hit points, you instead use the highest number possible for each die.
    In addition, you learn the spare the dying cantrip, which doesn’t count against the number of cleric cantrips you know. For you, it has a range of 30 feet, and you can cast it as a bonus action.
  • Grave Domain: Eyes of the Grave. At 1st level, you gain the ability to occasionally sense the presence of the undead, whose existence is an insult to the natural cycle of life. As an action, you can open your awareness to magically detect undead. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any undead within 60 feet of you that isn’t behind total cover and that isn’t protected from divination magic. This sense doesn’t tell you anything about a creature’s capabilities or identity.
    You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
  • Heart of Darkness: Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.
  • Channel Divinity - Path to the Grave: Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to mark another creature’s life force for termination.
    As an action, you touch a creature. The next time that creature takes damage from a spell or an attack from you or an ally, it is vulnerable to that spell or attack’s damage. If the source of damage has multiple damage types, the creature is vulnerable to all of them. The vulnerability applies only to the first time that source inflicts damage, and then ends.
    If the creature has resistance or is immune to the damage, it instead loses its resistance or immunity against that spell or attack when it first applies damage.
Magic Items
  • N/A
Feats
  • N/A
Equipment Armor
  • Armor: Scale Mail (Medium, AC 14)
  • Shield with Emblem of Palor (+2 AC)
Weapons:
  • (listed under Attacks)
inventory
Wealth
  • 0 Platinum
  • 15 Gold
  • 0 Electum
  • 0 Silver
  • 0 Copper
  • Art Work
    • bone dice
Gear
  • backpack
  • bedroll
  • waterskin
  • trail rations 5 days
  • A monster hunter’s pack: includes a chest, a crowbar, a hammer, three wooden stakes, a holy symbol, a flask of holy water, a set of manacles, a silver mirror, a flask of oil, a tinderbox, and three torches

Characteristic and Hit Point Rolls
Spoiler:
[/quote]

Return to “Approved Characters”