Gage, Human Warlock

This forum is for approved characters and NPCs.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Gage, Human Warlock

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:53 pm

#Gage.jpg
#Gage.jpg (66.21 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Character Info
Name: GageClass & Level: 4th-level WarlockBackground: Far Traveler
Race: HumanAlignment: Chaotic-Good*experience Points: 2,700
*Chaotic good (CG) creatures act as their conscience directs, with little regard for what others expect.
XP: = Fifth Level

Characteristics
14 (+2) Strength
13 (+1) Dexterity
14 (+2) Constitution
8 (-1) Intelligence
10 (+0) Wisdom (+2 Saves)
18 (+4) Charisma (+2 Saves)

Proficiency Bonus: +3, Speed: 30", Hit Points Max: 38
Saves: Wisdom, Charisma; AC: 13 Initiative: +1

Warlock Powers ...
Spoiler:
Dark One’s Blessing:
Starting at 1st level, when you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your warlock level (minimum of 1).
Invocations... (3)
Spoiler:

***Can switch one out at each level.
Agonizing Blast:
(Prerequisite: eldritch blast* cantrip) When you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.
Devil's Sight: You can see in all types of darkness, magical and non-magical, out to 120ft.
Repelling Blast: You can push an opponent back 10ft with Eldritch Blast
Pact of the Tome ...
Spoiler:
Gain 3 Cantrips from any spell list. While the Grimoire (Book of Shadows) is on my person, cast them at will.
{{{{3rd}}}} ____________
Spells Known & Spell Slots
Spoiler:
Known Cantrips (3+3), Known Spells (6), Spell Slots (2), Slot Level (3rd)
Saves: 15 (DC 8 + Proficiency Bonus + Charisma Modifier)
Spell Attack: 7 (Proficiency Bonus + Charisma Modifier)

Cantrips:
Eldritch Blast: 120ft, force energy beams, (x2) 1d10 + 4 (2 beams at 5th) *Can push back 10ft (Repelling Blast)
Prestidigitation: 10ft, up to 1hr, spark, wind, notes, odor, clean, chill, warm, color, illusion 1T, (up to 3 at a time)
Mage Hand: 30ft VS 1min, spectral hand, action to control, unlock/open/stow/retrieve up to 10lbs.
*True Strike: 30ft VS 1min, next Action gains Advantage
*Dancing Lights: 120ft VSM 1min, four light, 10'r dim light, or 1 humanoid. Bonus Action to move 60ft, within 20ft of another.
*Thaumaturgy: 30ft V 1min. manifest a minor wonder or sign of supernatural power, up to three at one time.
- voice 3x's loud, change flames, cause tremors, change eyes for 1min
- create sound that originates from there
- open/shut unlocked door or window
1st Level:
*Hex: (Bonus Action) 90ft, petrified eye of newt, sight, do +1d6 necrotic damage with an attack. Choose one ability score to be at Disadvantage with ability checks made with it. If dies, then can shift to another as a bonus action.
Hellish Rebuke: 60ft (as a Reaction) when damaged by a creature, point finger, 2d10+1d10+1d10 Fire Damage (Dex Save for ½) (**+1d10/level)
Burning Hands: 15ft Cone, 3d6+1d6+1d6 Fire Damage (Dex save for 1/2), ignites non-held, flammable items in the area (**+1d6/level)
2nd Level:
Shatter:10'r sphere, VSM, 60ft, 3d8+1d8 Thunder Damage, CON Save for 1/2, inorganic creature has Disadvantage on the save. Unattended object take damage. (**+1d8/level)
Misty Step: {{One Bonus Action}} V, 30ft, Teleport to an unoccupied space you can see.
3rd Level:
Fireball:150ft range, VSM, 20ft radius sphere, 8d6 Fire Damage, DEX Save for 1/2. Unattended object catch fire. Spreads around corners.
Skills ...
Spoiler:
*means proficient (6 total) (One from Human (Persuasion), Two From Warlock (Deception & Intimidation), Menacing Feat (Intimidation), Far Traveler (Insight, Perception))
  1. 1 Acrobatics (Dex)
  2. 0 Animal handling (Wis)
  3. -1 Arcana (Int)
  4. 2 Athletics (Str)
  5. 6 *Deception (Cha)
  6. -1 History (Int)
  7. +2 *Insight (Wis)
  8. 8 **Intimidation (Cha)
  9. -1 Investigation (Int)
  10. 0 Medicine (Wis)
  11. -1 Nature (Int)
  12. +2 *Perception (Wis)
  13. 4 Performance (Cha)
  14. 6 *Persuasion (Cha)
  15. -1 Religion (Int)
  16. 1 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
  17. 1 Stealth (Dex)
  18. 0 Survival (Wis)
Feats ...
Spoiler:
Menacing (Unearthed Arcana 17)
You become fearsome to others, gaining the following benefits:
 Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
 You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.
 When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can replace one attack with an attempt to demoralize one humanoid you can see within 30 feet of you that can see and hear you. Make a Charisma (Intimidation) check contested by the target's Wisdom (Insight) check. If your check succeeds, the target is frightened until the end of your next turn. If your check fails, the target can't be frightened by you in this way for 1 hour.
Armor (Light Armor)
Studded Leather Armor (12+ Dex) 13lbs
Weapons: (Simple Weapons)
2 Daggers: 1d4 Piercing, Range 20/60 (finesse, light, thrown)
Quarterstaff: 1d6 (Versatile 1d8)

Inventory (Wealth) / Magic Items
Spoiler:
Magic Items
[*]Potion of Healing
[*]Ring of Jumping:

Wealth
  • 0 Platinum
  • 441 Gold
  • 0 Electum
  • 5 Silver
  • 48 Copper
  • Jewelry
    • 10gp Bear-Tooth Necklace
  • Art Work
    • none
  • Gems
    • Zircon (50gp)
Gear
Spoiler:
  • Riding Horse (75gp), Riding Saddle (10gp), Saddlebags (4gp), Feed (5 days, 25cp), Bit & Bridle (2gp),
  • Traveler's Clothes
  • Ram's Horn
  • backpack
  • bedroll
  • waterskin
  • trail rations 5 days
  • Climber's Kit (25gp, 12lbs)
  • Blanket (5sp, 3lbs)
  • (2) Caltrops (2 sets) (1gp, 2lbs each)
  • Tinderbox (5sp, 1lb)
  • Two-person tent (2gp, 20lbs)
  • (2) Alchemist's Fire (50gp, 1lb)
  • (2) Antitoxin (50gp)
  • (2) Acid (25gp)
  • (2) Flasks of Oil (1sp, 1lb)
    Light crossbow and 20 bolts, 1d8, range 80/320
    (a) a component pouch
    (a) a Scholar’s Pack (40 gp): Includes a backpack, a book of lore, a bottle of ink, an ink pen, 10 sheets of parchment, a little bag of sand, and a small knife.
    Leather armor, any simple weapon (staff), and two daggers
Candle 1 cp —
Case, map or scroll 1 gp 1 lb.
Chalk (8 pieces) 1 cp —
Lantern, bullseye 10 gp 2 lb.
Lantern, hooded 5 gp 2 lb.
Oil (2 flasks) 1 sp 1 lb.
Rations (10 day) 5 sp 2 lb.
Sack 1 cp 1/2 lb.
Tinderbox 5 sp 1 lb.
Torch 1 cp 1 lb.
Waterskin 2 sp 5 lb. (full)
Proficiencies and Languages (+1 Human, +1 Far Traveler)
[*]Common, Elven, Dwarven
Background
“Do you want to see a dead body?” That’s what the young Henry Thibault said to his friend Gage one summer evening after they had finished their chores. Gage’s very old, but distant, father insisted on him finishing his chores each day.
“A dead body?”
“Yeah, a dead body. It’s in the forest off of the old Oak View passage. C’mon! Let’s go!”

That was how it all began. The body which Henry led him to was that of an old human man. It was lying on its back in a small clearing. The eyes had long been pecked out by ravens and the corpse had been riddled with stab wounds and vicious slashes. Bludgeoning damage had matted down the long, fuzzy, gray hair of the man’s head and beard. The clothes had been violently torn, the pockets ripped out, and his robes shredded as if someone (or something) had been looking for something within them.

The ghastly site gave the boys a very uneasy feeling. It came as no surprise that the first sounds they heard from that point in the forest gave them reason to flee. Running through the brush, one following another, it was Gage that tripped and fell over something, something small and flat, wrapped in cloth. It was rectangular, like a leather-bound book.
“Gage! Are you okay? What is it?”
At that moment something deep inside of Gage told him not to tell his friend about his discovery. Although he normally shared everything with Henry (his best friend), something felt “different” this time. “Something” told Gage not to share what he had found. “I’m okay! It’s…. It’s… nothing.” Gage tucked the item under his clothing and the boys each ran swiftly back to their respective homes.

Gage’s finding was some sort of ancient Tome. Over the next few weeks and months, the Tome became Gage’s new best friend as he grew increasingly miserly and reclusive. Gage confided in the Tome and the Tome confided in him. It helped him DO things. Incredible things! To him, this was a sign from Pelor, but the covetous nature of the Tome kept Gage from sharing its contents. After some many months (perhaps years) of bonding, Gage began receiving ‘visions’ of the future. It was a future in which great calamity and ruin would come to the kingdom. Gage saw this as a forewarning from Pelor and has made it his task to warn everyone who would hear.
#Gage.jpg
#Gage.jpg (66.21 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Last edited by DeepSpacer on Wed May 08, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 47 times in total.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

XP, Treasure, and Hit Points

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:29 pm

Current Hit Points: 38 + 0 Temp (of 38 max)
Temporary Hit Points: +18

(Dark One's Blessing)
Spoiler:
Starting at 1st level, when you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your warlock level (minimum of 1).
Spell Slots (2): all cast as 3rd level.
Spell Slots Used: 2 of 2 (None Left!)
+9 temp hps for downing a Yuan-ti.
+9 temp hps for downing a Yuan-ti, again.

XP History (Currently ---- XP) = Fifth Level
Spoiler:
5/17/18: +139 XP
6/15/18: +161 XP = Achieved Second level
10/26/18: Achieved Third Level; added coinage
3/14/19: Achieved Fourth Level.
9/30/19: Achieved Fifth Level.

Story Notes....
Spoiler:
"You need ruby dust, ahh. I happen to have title to a ruby mine on the border of the planes of fire and earth. From there I can get you the ruby dust you require. Seems like you've taken a fancy to some of my items as well. " The azure pauses for a moment as if thinking briefly. "My mine was overtaken by a Dinji, he along with a force of salamanders are keeping me from what is rightly fully mine. I can get you there and provide you with amulets to protect you from the extreme heat. If you reclaim my mine for me I'll provide you with your ruby dust. Additionally, I'll let each of you pick an item from these racks over here as a reward. Each item is enchanted with powerful magic which will help you retaking the mine. What do you say? While waiting for an answer Azure hears his friend speak up.

"Fern I have no clue about the masters riddles. I suggest you ask the three gargoyles atop the monastery, they have been learning from him for years. Their names are Edger, Allen and Poe and perhaps they can answer your riddle. I would have thought you were interested in some action though, after all this time and would want to travel with these fellows to my mine."

"The mine was stolen by a dinjini a long time ago by the measures of time in this plane. I have been unable to reclaim it for my possession since before we met." Azure moves away from the forge and opens an ornate box. Removing several amulets he moves to hand them to each of member of the group. "Your bodies are not capable of withstanding the heat on my plane. These medallions will protect you and are yours untill you return." Removing a metallic disk from the box he hold it forward. "This items has enough magic to take you to the mine and bring you back. I warn you though, it will only work for one trip. "

"The Dinjinni are genies as you would know them. In this case the genie in question can best be called an Efreeti, the eternal enemies of my people. Their race once enslaved us forcing us to create magic weapons on their behalf. They love to pursue riches and honor often at the expense of others. While the efreeti lives I have been banished from my plane and am unable to return. The Efreeti are not deamons, not as you understand them. Daemons come from the lower planes, Efritis are creatures of elemental power who wield extensive arcane magic. The task should take only moments on this plane of time. The passage of time flows differently on other planes. A single day here is a year on the elemental planes. I can not travel with you, but I will not send you without help. In addition to the item each of you select, you shall travel with these three arrows. Arrows of Efriiti Killing. When these arrows connect with an Efreeti they damage significant damage to the creature. They can only be utilized once so be careful with their use."
Climactic Ending to Klaverjassen
Spoiler:
as you move through the gathering speaking to various indivduals you are only able to determine that Lord Larimore and Shor-tay were at the event when it started. No one has seen or heard from cleric bersk, but his reclusive nature does not make this a surprise to you. As the nite progreses a large and stunning full moon can be seen through the center domed window ofthe cathedral. You are informed that when the moon reaches the center ring of the window the dedication ceremony must progress. With only minutes to spare Lady Sol moves to the front of the temple. She becons your group to join here. From the vantage of the pulpit you are able to see that the entrace to the catacombs has been left wide open. Cleric Bersk is a sticker for keeping it shut.

Moving forward to the large stone which tradiationnly covers the doorway you can see the faintents glimers of tourchlight emenating below. While it is not uncommon for torches to be used within the catacombs, a great many of them would be needed to have light visible at its entrance. Looking at each other momentarily you decned the stairway. As you approach the bottom you can hear the voice of Lord Larimore chanting in some unknonw language. A large ceremonal area is found near the bottom of the starts and as you descend you can see Shor-tay holding the bound form of Cleric Bersk. The clerics head pushed back over the cauldron that you had recovered from the area of darkness. Lord Larimore pauses momentarily in his chanting to drop the blood stone you helped recover into the cauldron then in the blink of an eye pulls a silver danger from his side and slits the throat of Cleric Bersk.

One of you must have made a sound as Shor-tay looks directly towards the stairwell a dark glow in his eyes. A deathly hand reaches forward from the cauldron followed by another as a zombie emerges. Cleric Bersk now lifeless but animated stands. From all around you the sounds of the dead soldiers you helped collect can be heard moving and rustling. The Bones of the cauldron begin to float decaying flesh appearing around them and a large central eye appearing. A gastly immage begins to form and Lord Larimore and Shor-tay drop to their knees and bow before the creature.

Screams from above break everyone from their trance. You rush up the stairwell to find that the moon is now centered in the circle of the window. Its beautiful yellow glow now replaced with a blood red glow. A dark clound seems to have passed in the area, feeling truely remanicient of the darkness you before encountered. Undead creatures begin flooding the temple from the cercofogi left on the upper levels. From behind you more undead appear quickly slashing into the nearby crowds. As you prepare to defend yourselves and the others you see the newly killed citizen rise up themselves as undead.

Lord Larimore reaches the top of the stair way. where in a loud voice he commands the undead to capture
lady Sol. In a flash however, she is gone. The alter being situatied near the teleportation stone. Several members of the order of Sol are conjuring teleportation circles and rushing the crowds through. However, the pile of rubys they were useing to effect the spell is visibly decreasing. As you rush towards the circle yourself you see the guards utilze their last gem and jump through the portal themselves. Nearly twenty guests remain, all thinking the same thing, that the entrace to the temple is the only escape.
Last edited by DeepSpacer on Wed May 08, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Gage, Human Warlock

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:15 am

Return to “Approved Characters”