Harvest Festival: final preparations OOC

A forum for Out Of Context (OOC) discussion related to the game.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: Harvest Festival: final preparations OOC

Post by swrider » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:17 am

Sure you can gamble. I'll roll for the npcs lol

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:26 am

work has been killer this week. I appologize for not posting. I will attempt to move things forward this weekend. Probably Sunday. Again sorry for the delay.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:44 am

Hey guys, sorry for my inactivity, I've been without wifi most of the week and my data has already run out on my phone. i have already caught up on the ic and ooc threads, all this talk of armor has reminded me that Thew'ruk has some that he is still paying for. I'll check how much I owe on that and then see if there is any left over to train The Storm some more.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:57 pm

Ok sorry for the long delay everyone. I am now in the mist of my graduate thesis project which is due at the end of May. I have not had as much time to play as I would like. As such I will have a new posting schedule. Until June 1st I can only commit to posting once a week in my games. Please let me know if this causes any issues. Another option is that we place the game on hold until June, but I find that is an excellent way to loose players.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 pm

I will be around for both courses of action. Real life comes first, so if a temporary hold would be beneficial for your future then I say do it.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 pm

I can make either option work. Though the quality of my interaction will probably increase if we wait until June. This campaign is pre-made to an extent. That is to say I created it, but have run it before. Unfortunately this next section is where the rails fall off so to say. Up untill now you were being guided from quest to quest is a pseudo rail-road. After the banquet what happens is largely up to the NPCs. This is the start of act II so to say. By act III their is little direction at all and it is entirely up to the NPCs.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:24 pm

It's my only 5e experience, so I'd prefer to go at a snail's pace (week to week) rather than not at all. It keeps me interested. It's a good change-of-pace to play a different game among SW FFG and Pathfinder (IRL).

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:17 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:24 pm
It's my only 5e experience, so I'd prefer to go at a snail's pace (week to week) rather than not at all. It keeps me interested. It's a good change-of-pace to play a different game among SW FFG and Pathfinder (IRL).
Like @Kanila I can work with either, but I have to agree with @Deepspacer that week-to-week is preferable.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:22 pm

I am fine with either, and I definitely understand life being busy, I feel like I am only getting to my other games once a week as well. I am here for three other games though so you don't have to worry about me disappearing.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:23 pm

I will say, that just because the rider can only post once a week, that doesn't mean that we can't all just have our characters interact in the meantime. I'm ready to turn this ballroom scene into an rp oriented event.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:08 pm

That sounds great.

Just a reminder since it has been a while since the character went inactive. Cleric Berks is the cleric that was played by awarren. He works and resides in the catacombs beneath the temple. If you were to go looking for him that would be a good place to start.

Feel free to role play, Most of the NPCs in the room are non-descript so fell free to interact with them and create small talk.
Most would express gratitude for your services, and express wonder that Lord Laramore who is for all acounts a guest of honor has not been seen.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:42 pm

I am going to push ahead sometime between now and Tuesday. If there is anything you want to do let or be known

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:43 pm

Everyone please level your chracters to level 4.

Also the game is a bit more free form at this point. You are able to escape the city. If you want to try doing anything in the city, such as fetch your horse, gear etc... we will need to play it out.

Most of the surviving citizens are going to flee to the capital. There are two routes as you know to the capital over the mountain and around. the mountain route is faster. There is also a monastrary at the top of the mountain you noticed that you may be inclided to warn about the current situation.

Also you will notice that the citizens who are not too panicked to talk have taken a much more cold tone with you. It is apparent that word of Lord Larimore and Shor-tays involvement has gotten around and your connection with them is no longer earning you favor.

OOC gm hint. You will be going to the monastary one way or another. I can fast track the story a bit if you head there first. This is also where the quest arc which leads to you being able to obtain magic weapons begins. I wouldn't normally say this, but since PbP is slow and people have been asking, I though I would put it out there.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 pm

Oh, CRAP!!!! Good twist!

It is okay to forward a bit because it is PBP. I think in a tabletop, I'd want to fight it out through the city to find out how many zombies I can take out (and get the XP). I'd probably like to blast through spells and combat to roll a bunch of dice, but for PBP, that's kind of time-consuming. :) Also, we're more going level to level rather than hording those valuable xp points one-by-one.

I guess we didn't quite have all the orders/direction from the good guys after all! Come to think of it, for all we know, we were doing the church a service! I guess not!!!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 am

It actually fits into Gage's background of thinking he's empowered by good but is really getting powers from a dark power. Trying to protect people but actually making things worse. :lol:

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 am

Do we abandon our gear? Or try to get it back?
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:27 am

Yeah when I played this through in real life I let players battle their way out. I also let them do the fight sceen in the temple.

I knew this was Hakusho all along so I did a bit of for shadowing with shortay.

I am glad you are all enjoying it. Perhaps the dark poison title makes more sense now.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:49 am

kanila wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 am
Do we abandon our gear? Or try to get it back?
This is one of the reasons I have not yet asked magic weapons. It is a diggings investment fit a lie level character and it is jacked up to make players potentially walk away from them.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:59 pm

@swrider I will say that this is an amazing twist in the story line. I guess I have a couple of questions as we advance. 1st are you allowing Feats instead of straight Ability Score Improvement? And 2nd I realize that most of our gear is probably back at the Inn or in the Chests on the wagon, what kind of stuff are we allowed to be carrying?

I would think that being a Rogue, Oomaq would more than likely be carrying his Tools of the trade, Jewelers Tools, Rapier, and Dagger.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:56 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:59 pm
@swrider I will say that this is an amazing twist in the story line. I guess I have a couple of questions as we advance. 1st are you allowing Feats instead of straight Ability Score Improvement? And 2nd I realize that most of our gear is probably back at the Inn or in the Chests on the wagon, what kind of stuff are we allowed to be carrying?

I would think that being a Rogue, Oomaq would more than likely be carrying his Tools of the trade, Jewelers Tools, Rapier, and Dagger.
viewtopic.php?p=25555#p25555

This is what was on the wagon. I kept it as accurate as possible.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:29 pm

kanila wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:56 pm
ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:59 pm

viewtopic.php?p=25555#p25555

This is what was on the wagon. I kept it as accurate as possible.
There are also 2 bag of caltrops that Oomaq purchased to keep on the wagon to discourage pursuit. Depending on whether or not we make it to the wagon and are able to grab the mules.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:12 pm

To keep it simple you have everything but the animals and what is on the wagon.
Yes you can take a feat instead of the two abikity score increases.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:22 pm

I think abandoning the wagon is probably our best bet. We will probably venture back here to clean up the mess so hopefully we can get the wagon and non-perishable supplies from the wagon.

Sorry you are probably losing your War horse though.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:09 pm

swrider wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:12 pm
To keep it simple you have everything but the animals and what is on the wagon.
Yes you can take a feat instead of the two abikity score increases.
Cool there were a couple of Feats I liked.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:25 pm

To clarify you cab retrieve the wagon and animals but you'll have to fight for them ic

Return to “Discussion”