Klaverjassen OOC

A forum for Out Of Context (OOC) discussion related to the game.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: Klaverjassen OOC

Post by swrider » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:52 am

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:24 pm

What nobody wants to explain why you brought the corpses of barbarians into the city? Lol. You will have some down time in the city so if you want to buy something and spend some of your loot you can. You were out overnight so you did use a single days trail ration or food since no one scavenged. You can role play doing things around the city or just tell me. That is up to the group, though the current situation needs to be resolved and you need to go drop off the bodies, collect a reward, and get the information that Bersk requested before you left at a minimum. Again this does not have to be role-played out, but it would probably read nicer if it was.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:20 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:24 pm
What nobody wants to explain why you brought the corpses of barbarians into the city? Lol. You will have some down time in the city so if you want to buy something and spend some of your loot you can. You were out overnight so you did use a single days trail ration or food since no one scavenged. You can role play doing things around the city or just tell me. That is up to the group, though the current situation needs to be resolved and you need to go drop off the bodies, collect a reward, and get the information that Bersk requested before you left at a minimum. Again this does not have to be role-played out, but it would probably read nicer if it was.
Oomaq is Chaotic Good, sometimes the Chaotic side overrides the Good side and he doesn't mind showing a little panic to keep these comfy city dwellers on their toes. So I figured before he opened his mouth mouth about Zombies, I'd let those with calmer heads say something about the dead bodies....😈😜😲

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 pm

I wasn't aware that we were bringing the corpses of The Barbarians. I thought we were retrieving the corpses of our own soldiers. Sorry, I must have missed that somewhere.

I'll guve some thought between now and home as to whether Gage should put those unruly demonstrators in their place. ;)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:42 pm

You were commisioned for the bodies of dead soldiers, but the second cart had bodies of both and the group decided to pick up both sets of bodies to keep them from being zombified.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:47 pm

I didn’t respond before because I was unsure of wherever or not it would be appropriate for Thew’Ruk to.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 pm

its all good. I'll narrate you getting payment in a bit and then you guys can have down time.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm

I recently discovered that the DND roller was no longer storing results and that the database with all the past rolls did not upload correctly. I took the opportunity to makes some improvements on the roller. It is now easier to migrate to a new site and the roll history will still display images even after a transfer. Unfortunately the upgrade is not backwards compatible with the old database and as such the history of all rolls made upto this point in the game has been deleted. (I should still have a record if someone want it, but it is not included in the dnd roll history page. Since it has not been used much (only by this game) and was still in beta, i decided the upgrades were worth making at the cost of loosing the old rolls.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 pm

test of BBcode display from roll hisotry.

Username: "swrider"
Date Time: 06 14 2018 16:39:17
Total: 9
ImageImageImage

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:57 am

Yay for upgrades! And we leveled up? Or was that still something we are waiting on?
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:04 am

kanila wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:57 am
Yay for upgrades! And we leveled up? Or was that still something we are waiting on?
@swrider I think that we need a final posting on XP & Rewards telling us exactly how much XP we get and exactly what we put into our pockets in coinage in order to top it all off. As far as Gage goes, I believe that is all he is waiting on.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:01 am

NP I'll get something up soon. Yes you all level once I poat xp. But there is no more combat so if you haven't already move up to level two.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 pm

XP and award post updated (it is in the approved character thread for those who forgot).

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:23 pm

I see you all are acquiescing in character to letting Thew'ruk keep the war horse and while I know that the character would enjoy that and feel indebted to all of you, as a player I know that 100 GP apiece is no small amount and that we could all benefit from the extra coin, are you guys sure about this?

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:23 pm
I see you all are acquiescing in character to letting Thew'ruk keep the war horse and while I know that the character would enjoy that and feel indebted to all of you, as a player I know that 100 GP apiece is no small amount and that we could all benefit from the extra coin, are you guys sure about this?
Two reasons yes for me. My character as I stated before is somewhat Robin Hood-ish so will end up giving away a chunk of his take anyway and second having a good trained warhorse already in the party doesn't hurt either.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:23 pm
No interest in a war horse and Gage needs to travel light. Considering some of us almost broke our necks and died trying to mount those foul beasts, I think we'll pass. Plus, we don't really have access to purchasing minor magical trinkets at this point, so the extra gold wouldn't mean too much. We already got paid more than the initial offer (I think).

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:56 am

alright sounds good, I guess I know I'm taking the mounted combatant feat at level 4

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Meddaar is a monk so he doesn't really care about the gold. After all he was willing to spend what little he had early on in the adventure haha.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:42 pm

I am tempted to buy a draft horse and cart. Granted I now walk as fast as a draft horse does but others in the group could benefit from it. Plus the added storage space.

Thoughts?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:35 pm

I’d be willing to pool our resources for a horse and cart, could be very useful. Then also I wouldn’t have to worry about everyone keeping up.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:43 pm

A draft horse pulling a cart can carry 2500 lbs. I already subtracted the weight of the cart from the max carry capacity.

The others could ride it. I can walk and easily keep pace with it. The food, if we buy a barrel, would take up 180 lbs and last for 8 days. It's something to consider since we can't afford a carriage yet.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:56 pm

kanila wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:43 pm
A draft horse pulling a cart can carry 2500 lbs. I already subtracted the weight of the cart from the max carry capacity.

The others could ride it. I can walk and easily keep pace with it. The food, if we buy a barrel, would take up 180 lbs and last for 8 days. It's something to consider since we can't afford a carriage yet.
I could go for that. I had considered a Mastiff as well as a pack animal.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:41 pm

What ever floats your boat guys. Just remember the darkness is in the area of the old necropolis, you may not have a lot of room to maneuver a horse and a carriage.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Would you recommend pack mules instead?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Probably gonna go with either a mule or donkey with a pack saddle with enough feed for 10 days. That will leave me about 300lbs of carrying capacity.

I know you can't give us an exact timeline but would I have enough time to brew a potion of healing? It will take me 5 days. If not I'll atleast buy the rest of what I need to make one, only 9gp.

Return to “Discussion”