Meddaar Vampor - Dragonborn - Monk

A place to develop and discuss character concepts.
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Meddaar Vampor - Dragonborn - Monk

Post by kanila » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Character Info
Name: Meddaar VamporClass & Level: Monk lvl 1Background: Hermit
Race: Dragonborn; SilverAlignment: Lawful GoodExperience Points: 0
Most Used Stats AC: 14
Initiative:
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Speed: 30
Current Hit Points: 9
Hit Points Max: 9

Hit Dice Available: 1d8+1
Hit Dice Total: 1d8

Death Saves:
Life/Death
Passive Perception:12
Inspiration:
Personality
Spoiler:
Appearance: Standing at 6'7" and weighing over 280 lbs, though Meddaar towered over some of the other races he was still only in the average range for his own kind. Normally wearing robes, his silver scales were mostly covered. His blue eyes were a sharp contrast to the silver of the rest of his body save a birthmark (discolored scales that are white) down his neck, along his right collar bone.

Ideals: Greater Good
Bonds: I'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
Flaws: I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell.
Backstory: Abandoned at a young age, Meddaar found himself on the doorstep to a monastery. With no clues to who his parents were he spent his younger years in training and meditation. The multitude of unanswered questions filled him with anger. Who were his parents? Why did they abandon him? Even with his meditation and physical training his deep seated anger wasn't easily maintained. Father Mortimer felt that the only way too bring balance to Meddaar was for him to take a lone pilgrimage. Meddaar was not happy about the decision but did as he was told. For many months he lived a life of seclusion in an attempt to find inner peace. Deciding that his only option was to find the truth about his parents he ventured back to civilization. The way he saw it, finding out his origins would finally allow him to put it all behind him.
Attacks
Weapon: Attack Bonus:Damage/Type:
Quarterstaff +5 1d6+5 Bludgeoning
Offhand (Quarterstaff) +5 Bonus Action 1d6+2 Bludgeoning
Unarmed +5 1d4+5
Unarmed (Offhand) +5 (Bonus Action) 1d4+2

Characteristics Charisma: [8+1] 9 (-1)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Strength: [10+2] 12 (+1)
Dexterity: 15 (+2)
Constitution: 13 (+1)
Saves * means proficient
-1Charisma
+2Wisdom
+1Intelligence
+3Strength*
+4Dexterity*
+1Constitution

Skills * means proficient
  1. +4 Acrobatics (Dex)
  2. +2 Animal handling (Wis)
  3. +1 Arcana (Int)
  4. +5 Athletics (Str)*
  5. -1 Deception (Cha)
  6. +1 History (Int)
  7. +4 insight (Wis)*
  8. -1 intimidation (Cha)
  9. +1 Investigation (Int)
  10. +4 Medicine (Wis)*
  11. +1 Nature (Int)
  12. +2 Perception (Wis)
  13. -1 Performance (Cha)
  14. -1 Persuasion (Cha)
  15. +3 Religion (Int)*
  16. +4 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
  17. +4 Stealth (Dex)
  18. +2 Survival (Wis)
Proficiencies and Languages
  • Herbalism Kit
  • Flute
  • Common
  • Draconian
  • Dwarvish
Racial Abilities
  • Draconic Ancestry: Silver
  • Breath Weapon: DMG Cold; 15 ft cone; DC 11 (Con. Save) 2d6 DMG on failed save, half DMG on succesful save.
  • Damage Resistance: Cold Special Abilities
    • Unarmed Defense: AC = 10 + Dex modifier + Wis Modifier while wearing no armor.
    • Martial Arts: can use Dex instead of Str for attack and damage rolls of unarmed strikes and monk weapons. Roll d4 in place of the normal damage of unarmed strike or monk weapon (die changes with monk level). When using the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. Magic Items
      Feats
      Equipment: Explorer's Pack, 10 darts, Scroll case stuffed full of notes from studies, a winter blanket, set of common clothes, herbalism kit Armor
      • armor name: none
      Weapons:
      • Quarterstaff: weapon Bonus, Bludgeoning, 1d6, Versatile (1d8)
      inventory
      Wealth
      • 0 Platinum
      • 15 Gold
      • 0 Electum
      • 0 Silver
      • 0 Copper
      • Art Work
        • bone dice
      • Gems
      Gear
      • backpack
      • bedroll
      • waterskin
      • trail rations 10 days

Characteristic and Hit Point Rolls
      Spoiler:
Last edited by kanila on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Meddaar Vampor - Dragonborn - Monk

Post by kanila » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm

I will definitely need help cleaning this up!
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Yeah the template is quite intense but so is the amount of information that goes into a character sheet. You can delete any sections you don't need. Do monks get spells? if not you can delete those sections.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:52 pm

No spells so I'll drop that. Also do you want me to roll for gp add well? What is down is what the Hermit starts with but not the starting gp for monk. @swrider

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Go ahead. Give me a few minutes though the automatic log on feature of the new roller isn't working I need to add a few lines of code. You can still login by going to the Rider's guild home page first which will autolog you in using the forum log in then going to the roller if you need to roll now.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Ok that issue should be fixed. Let me know if you have any others. It is still in beta testing. And there are still features I want to add, I just wanted to get this function (I hope) version up for use sooner rather than later.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Total: 10
Character: Meddaar Vampor
Campaign: Dark Patron of the Temple of Light
Description: Starting GP
Bonus:
5D4= 10
indivdiual rolls: 3, 1, 2, 2, 2

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:29 pm

I just realized that monks can get spells after level 3! Also I need to work on the background.

With the skills I understand that we put a * for the proficient ones. Do we do anything with the zero in front of it?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:33 pm

Yes the 0 on all the skills will need to be updated to what you bonus is for that skill. It will be the ability score bonus if you are not proficient and the ability score bonus+ your proficiency bonus if you are.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:19 pm

It is looking good. Let me know when you are finished working on it and I'll go through and approve it. I will take a closer look than normal as most players are new to the system. Mostly to ensure you did forget to add something you should have.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 pm

I think I'm ready for you to review and give suggestions @swrider.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Looks good, a few things.

I recommend that you add your offhand attack from your martial arts ability under the attacks section. This will make it easier to reference. From reading it it should be your quarterstaff. Off hand attacks do not calculate their bonus the same way. I will need to reference the book when I get home, but you should look into since it is a class feature.

You may also want to go ahead and put your unarmed attack under your attacks as well as a bonus action unarmed attack. You may find yourself in a situation without your staff and it would be help full to have them already laid out.

Do you get any skill proficiency from dragon-born? I couldn't find any but wanted to make sure.

Your background mentions that you are on a quest to find out more about your parents. That could be fun to work with. Are you find with me creating the details of what happened or did you have something specific in mind?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 pm

I'll add the unarmed attack under attack. Honestly once I've leveled up that will probably be my primary attack anyway.

No proficiency from Dragonborn just the breath attack and language.

I am fine with you creating the events that lead to his abandonment.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Looks like you didn't spell out your attacks as the are. your main attack gets a +5 to attack (+2 from your proficiency bonus +3 from your dex) it also does +5 damage so is 1d8+5
your offhand attack with the quarterstaff (since a quaterstaff has two end you can use the same QS for the offhand attack) gets +5 to attack but only +2 to damage (you don't get to add your dex modifier to the damage that requires a feat).

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:25 pm

I think that's corrected more just unsure of the unarmed damage.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Looks good. I added your unarmed offhand attack.
This character is approved. I will create a character database forum you can move it to.

One more thing though. Is there something distinctive about your character that could identify them or make them recognizable to a relative. A birthmark for example, a piece of jewelry, or something similar.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:00 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 pm
Looks good. I added your unarmed offhand attack.
This character is approved. I will create a character database forum you can move it to.

One more thing though. Is there something distinctive about your character that could identify them or make them recognizable to a relative. A birthmark for example, a piece of jewelry, or something similar.
Birthmark (discolored scales white) down his neck, along his right collar bone.

I'll add it to the description.

Return to “Character Concepts”