Arc II - OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Image *Use LS*Use DS *

Update Force Pool
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc II - OOC

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:23 pm

Pretty scary purple creature!!!
Is this enclosed space at the bottom of the pit, IN the pit? Or is it maybe a side door reached at the bottom of the pit?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:31 pm

So from the camera feed, all they see is the creature. They'd have to go lean over the pit to see, now that the lights are on they could see more in the pit.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:07 pm

https://bluecastleconsiderations.files. ... eorge3.jpg

Has anyone else made it out to the computer? Arca and Jarkyc are still back near the door as far as I know.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:28 pm

They're just now arriving, after the lights all come on.

I was going to let Jarkyc, Arca, or you react to this before pulling in the group. But I'll go ahead and pull in the other group.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:24 am

Although we really discussed distance I've been kinda assuming that we are at medium to long range from each other in this chamber and Waz and Arca have been kind of loudly talking or yelling back and forth. So that being said Waz will unlikely know that the others have arrived if they are having a normal conversation and his studying of the weird creature below.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:29 am

Yeah, you've been shouting.

Are you planning to look into the pit, or just watch the video monitor?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:48 am

@kanila Just making sure you see that you can post again, sorry for the delay.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:53 am

@ShadoWarrior Roll an extra 2 Force die. As you draw on the Force in the room to learn things about or interact (in a non-violent way) with living organisms, your Force rating is 2 higher.

(I didn't want to say this too early, in case it never came up).

You all have discovered a Vergence, a place of power in the Force. Like the Tombs on Korriban, or the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, or the cave on Dagobah.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:20 am

Okay, that completely changes things. Editing my IC post ...

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:25 am

Arca will definitely notice that the force flows more freely through him in this instance.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:40 am

This is Heal, right? What specifically are you attempting to accomplish?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:14 am

The FFG system has no Force-based means to cure diseases, or even detect them. It's a major hole in the game system. All I can do, per the RAW, is heal 4 wound points. For what little good that may do. And that only uses 1 LS point. I still have 1 LS point left over (and 3 DS points that I couldn't use even if I wanted to, as you cannot use the DS to heal anything).

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:13 pm

I'll let you use heal to detect diseases, give me a hard medicine check to go along with that 1 light side pip. (using the rules for Freeform Force powers)

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:46 pm

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:35 pm

Holy cow that's a crazy good roll. That triumph is really going to help you here.

Arca can tell there is a foreign substance in Zyla, but it is oddly blended with her own Force signature. And thanks to the Triumph, Arca can tell it seems similar to the mental experience that he and everyone else had earlier (that failed Discipline check that Arca had upon entering the other cave).

So that's the Triumph and two successes, IDK what you want to try to do with the rest.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:15 pm

The fact that there's a foreign substance in Zyla is deeply disturbing to Arca. She's in an environment suit. That means that either something managed to penetrate the suit or she was infected prior to putting it on. Either possibility bodes poorly for the rest of us, as we're in the same situation. Or at least I think we are.

As for the substance, is it organic or inorganic? And if organic is it a biological (aka a pathogen)?

And, yes, that was a remarkably good roll.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:13 pm

The Force signature makes it appear to be life, maybe a pathogen but Arca can't quite tell, but as mentioned it seems weirdly fused with her normal Force presence.

ST-3R will proffer the info that Zyla has been scratching her leg rather often, but as he noted he didnt see anything there on the suit.

I'll also allow the advantage to apply to a leap of logic about the sleeping disease if you wish?

EDIT:
Or the advantage can be a leap of logic about how Zyla might have been infected.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:04 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:13 pm
Or the advantage can be a leap of logic about how Zyla might have been infected.
This is my choice. It makes the most sense based on how I see Arca's thought processes working.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 am

Arca remembers thinking he saw something bump into Zyla earlier in the cave, but he'd ignored it because no one else had seen anything or reacted.

He also knows that ST-3R couldn't see anything wrong with the suit, but that doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.

@kanila @DeepSpacer respond to Waz's question if you want, since Shado and I are doing this stuff here in OOC I don't want y'all to feel like you have to wait.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:43 am

How does Arca want to examine Zyla more?

@kanila you alright, haven't heard from you in a while?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:52 am

Give me a perception check, hard difficulty with 1 setback, as Waz walks around the edge.

Also give me a stealth check, against an easy difficulty.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:36 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:43 am
How does Arca want to examine Zyla more?
I had an unused LS pip from my last Force check.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:37 am

That roll I had you do was for that second Force pip, I guess I didn't make it clear enough.

You can roll another Force check if you want to try to learn more and dig deeper. Don't forget the extra two dice. Unless you didn't want to heal her with that original pip (which is fine, then you still have a pip remaining)

Slight tangent, given ST-3R is no longer a PC, I'm having to change up stuff from this part. I was gonna let him have a chance to show off his piloting skills, but since he was the only one who really seemed to focus in that I'll streamline piloting stuff into being more narrative, so we can move to more urban/social stuff faster. All that to be said, given the rest of you don't seem to focus on piloting, does the type of ship you end up with/find/get given/steal/borrow/whatever-it-is-that-will-happen matter all that much to anyone?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:41 am

As requested:
Waz'aru; TotOR; Perception :
4 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Waz'aru; TotOR; Stealth:
3 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImage

ShadoWarrior