Player Handouts

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Image *Use LS*Use DS *

Update Force Pool
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Player Handouts

Post by Doctor Who » Thu May 03, 2018 2:59 pm

This thread will be maps, notes, etc. that players will have access to.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Player Handouts

Post by Doctor Who » Thu May 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Ithorian Herdship

The only difference is the midlevel has several large rooms and hallways emerging from the docking bays, not just trees.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:30 am

Hails to the Herdship
Short Hails
  • 5 from trading organizations looking to send envoys in the next several weeks
  • 10 from ships arriving on the planet and simply informing others they have arrived
  • 3 from an unknown source that has simply asked if the delegations have arrived
Long Hails
  • Long message from Coruscant informing the Ithorians of the delegation size to arrive. 5 diplomats, 1 sector senator, 10 guards
  • Long message from Nal Hutta listing their delegation size. 2 Hutts from leading Kajidik families, 20 guards, 5 entertainment personnel

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Parchment sheet (annotations in red, attempts to fill in missing or garbled text in parentheses) wrote:
(Through w)inding trails and cold wastes, Only planet this fits is Galidraan
If knowledge to be gained you seek Who's not seeking knowledge
Channel your e(motions) to awaken ( n/t1 ) An interesting tactic, presumably to hide it from Jedi
And with destiny in hand, learn the truth.
Be warned, it ( n/t 2 ) it would be nice is the warning was visible
And might con(sume) your very being
But to master ( n/t1 ) is to master
Yourself, the only being worth m(astering) That's a very Jedi thing to say?
Jedi Archivist Thoughts:
  • n/t1 is probably 'ever-eating lord', 'forever-devouring king,' or something like that
  • n/t2 is 'hyalwin darridân' - poor grammar meaning it will crave to devour

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:26 pm

OPERATION: LEVIATHAN
Author: REDACTED

Date: REDACTED

Executive Summary: The recent advances in genetic engineering at REDACTED can lead to several new areas of research. The first is that with the newfound understanding of REDACTED means that new REDACTED can be grown, using the original genetic template. Second, smaller REDACTED should be possible, shaping sentient beings into becoming small, triggerable one-man-armies that can be created with a simple injection. Third, and most importantly, the minds of smaller REDACTED created based on genetic material from REDACTED appear to have a quasi-psychic connection which may allow future avenues of research and opens up a way for our researchers to interact with the Force.

Table of Contents
  • Genetic Testing Results - 2
  • Failures and Observations - 50
  • Weapon potentials - 90
  • The Force - 96
  • Citations and Researchers - 100

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:17 pm

OPERATION: LEVIATHAN
Author: Dr. Cornelius Tantamon

Date: Month: 7, Day: 23, Year: 20801

Executive Summary: The recent advances in genetic engineering at BioCorp and RBC can lead to several new areas of research. The first is that the newfound understanding of alchemy means that new leviathan-class creatures can be grown, using the original genetic template. Second, smaller rakghoul-type mutates should be possible, shaping sentient beings into becoming small, triggerable one-man-armies that can be created with a simple injection. Third, and most importantly, the minds of smaller rakghoul-type mutates created based on genetic material from leviathans appear to have a quasi-psychic connection which may allow future avenues of research and opens up a way for our researchers to interact with the Force.

Table of Contents
  • Genetic Testing Results - 2
  • Failures and Observations - 50
  • Weapon potentials - 90
  • The Force - 96
  • Citations and Researchers - 100

With the redactions gone, you are all able to finally make out the full research. The project was designed to grow new Leviathans, the giant beasts that laid waste to entire worlds during the Hundred-Years Darkness, the second great Jedi Schism. But the research seems to make more claims about being able to create Leviathans, without any evidence to back it up. The research into smaller subjects indicates there were two left alive, stored in the BioCorp facility on Nespis VIII.

Vis a vis Zyla's problem, Trixie and Varc are able to direct Arca to information on the problem, although Arca will still need to talk to the source of the alchemy, the holocron, to make sense of a lot of it. The holocron is heavily cited in the report.

Finally, the group sees that RBC is the Republic Biocontaminants Commission, a branch of the Republic Survey Corps that studies biological contaminants on new worlds.

Return to “Discussion”