Arc I - OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Image *Use LS*Use DS *

Update Force Pool
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Arc I - OOC

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:13 am

So the Force Influence failed against the target, but I ended up with 3 advantages to use somehow. The only suggestion I see in the book is: "Gain an additional insight into the situation at hand." ... per advantage. So it's up to the GM to determine what insight(s) Arca gains.

If there are fewer than 3 insights that he could gain then I'll spend 1 advantage to pass a boost to the next player. If I still have unused advantages after passing a boost then I'll use any excess to reduce some or all of the strain that I took. IOW...

3 insights, or
2 insights and 1 boost, or
1 insight, 1 boost, and -1 strain, or
no insights, 1 boost, and -2 strain.

All depends on how many useful insights I can get. I already got two free insights: his Will is better than mine, in fact it's above average, and he's unskilled in Discipline.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:17 am

I can give you three insights if you want?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:11 am

Go for it.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:59 am

Arca or ST-3R is up.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:42 am

Do we need another opposed Brawn check for a lightsaber confiscation attempt?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:14 am

I did not say he had a lightsaber.

And if you want to attempt to approach him, be my guest.

I feel like the disarming thing is a little too good, that's an issue I may want to brainstorm ways to not make it so easy, since disarming people is generally not this easy in Star Wars.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:02 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:14 am
I did not say he had a lightsaber.
You described what Arca saw as he arrived on the scene as: "From inside, they can hear what sounds like the clash of lightsabers." If the foe does not have a lightsaber then you need to correctly describe what it is that we see, as we're standing within arm's reach now.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:14 pm

Literally the bottom half of that post:

"The blonde man has some kind of strange sword that has a reddish sheen to it,"

I did describe what he was holding, and I also described what it sounded like.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:01 pm

You mean a physical sword, not a red lightsaber? I read that as a red lightsaber. Your description didn't say something like "he's holding a metallic|plastic|ceramic {insert length of blade here} sword that shimmers|shines|glows (pick one, depending on whether it's reflected light or the light comes from the blade itself)" And if it's something like a electrostaff the sound is not the same as a lightsaber. Only LS and force pikes have that unique sound, which is made by the two energy fields interacting with each other. For example, a cortosis (physical) blade would not sound the same. In that case it wouldn't be a "clash" of sabers but a "saber striking something hard".

While I'm on the subject of clarifying what we see, can you give us a better description of the guy's armor? I didn't even know he was armored until I went back and reread Vergence's post.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:19 pm

I would guess it’s a cortosis blade. Going by the in character description, but that’s just what I imagined.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:36 pm

I didn't realize the unknown foe had armor until:
Zyla ignites her lightsaber and charges toward the armored man. She moves to stand beside Curvian, anger on her face.
Good point, a little more clarification might help us seemingly understand the situation better. What do you suggest for a confiscation attempt? Mechanically, disarm is typically my go too in combat and each GM seems to have different methods. It usually fits the RP for my characters which in this case, a security droid. I'd be fine if you prefer ST-3R engaging melee combat and using FFG's 3 Advantages disarms the character. I was just trying to figure out which game mechanics are acceptable for you to match RP.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:57 pm

The way I described the sound is what it sounds like when they clash.

It is a black sword, with a red glow around it. That's all you can tell unless someone wants to try some kind of knowledge check, but to all of you it just appears to be a black vaguely middle eastern kind of sword (this sword, for a picture) that has a red glow around the length of its blade. The glow is very clearly around the blade, not coming from somewhere else.

Sorry, the armor is my bad. It's this, minus the headdress. Also has golden greaves on his shins. A bit of red filigree traces the feathers of the wings on his chest armor.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:04 pm

Arca will assume that it's a Sith ritual blade of some sort, infused with Sith alchemy to create the glow. He will further assume that since it can resist sundering by a lightsaber it must be constructed using cortosis (or some similar sort of alloy). All of this is obvious just from what he's seen. It also has no bearing on what he does next. Arca won't refrain from acting unless explicitly ordered to stand down by Curvian ... and I just don't see that happening.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:15 am

So I was going to tell the Adversary skill, but since it wasn't going to matter for this roll there was no pressing matter.

It does now, so Adversary 3.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:23 am

Vergence wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:55 pm
ST-3R internally processes, "I find that answer vague and unconvincing" to Curvian's response. Clearly, she had evaded the question and Gil did not seem to be revealing any further information either. Unsure of the next course of action, the droid continues processing "I find her methods remain most irregular" on standby.
Pity that it's internalized, because Arca agrees with all of it. He, too, has been keeping such thoughts to himself.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:58 pm

lol, I'm trying to slowly roleplay out the more independent or openly defiant droid out gradually. Theoretically, its only been only two days so far. But, after this session ST-3R will probably be more open with its thoughts :D

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:20 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:23 am
Vergence wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:55 pm
ST-3R internally processes, "I find that answer vague and unconvincing" to Curvian's response. Clearly, she had evaded the question and Gil did not seem to be revealing any further information either. Unsure of the next course of action, the droid continues processing "I find her methods remain most irregular" on standby.
Pity that it's internalized, because Arca agrees with all of it. He, too, has been keeping such thoughts to himself.
About what Waz'aru has been thinking from the beginning.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:39 pm

@Jesster I promise I'm working to keep this moving and introduce you soon.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:44 am

Am I understanding correctly that Gil is still not a Jedi and is aware of the Order's reactions to the event?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:09 am

Gil is being exactly as vague as he intends to be. How you take it is up to your character.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:08 am

Vergence wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:44 am
Am I understanding correctly that Gil is still not a Jedi and is aware of the Order's reactions to the event?
Gil is not a Jedi in the sense that he did not take/complete his Knight trial. That does not mean that he lacks Jedi skills, as he received all of the same training that we have. In the KotOR I game there is a so-called "grey Jedi" character (I forget his name) that Gil might be similar to. Being a Jedi is as much a religion/philosophy as it is about a set of training. Gil has the training but does not abide by the philosophy.

That's my take on this. YMMV.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:52 pm

I also have to ask about what this guy said, but for a different reason.

"A variant of the healing techniques taught by the Jedi. Sete and I had left the order 20 years ago, before completing knighthood trials. We wandered for a while, picking up new understandings, until we parted ways over 10 years ago. I saw his face on a holofeed, and thought something was up when I saw he had bought a biotech firm. Gave him a call, he told me what he was doing, and I knew I had to stop it. I don't think he wanted to kill anyone, just cause trouble. The Jedi Order is already looking in to it. Which reminds me, Master, they're sending another Padawan to be under your tutelage. Something about a group of pirates in the Hapes Cluster causing trouble that requires Jedi."

He states they left the order, yet is more aware than Curvain about what they are doing and that she's getting another Padawan?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:59 pm

He is saying exactly what he intends to, in exactly the manner he intends to. None of what he says is a lie, hence no deception roll or anything. He's saying exactly what he intends to say, in the manner he intends to say it, and isn't lying.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:02 pm

ok

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:04 am

Thanks, yeah I was just confirming he didn't somehow re-join the Order after leaving for the rest to make sense. Ummm, ST-3R is just going to wait for Curvian to explain Gil's statement :lol:

Return to “Discussion”