Arc IV - OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Image *Use LS*Use DS *

Update Force Pool
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc IV - OOC

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:51 pm

You all were manufacturing a cure from the Lyriss's blood, and fixing Zyla. You have a cure and a way to replicate it now. And you all are the only infection proof Jedi currently known to exist, although given that Lyriss and her Master had been kidnapped, and you only found Lyriss, Lyriss's Master could also be a cure vector the badguy could have.

Ossus is currently infected with the sleeping contagion, and all other Jedi Temple worlds have sealed off space travel, or at least sealed off the temple on Coruscant. The Republic is currently not doing anything, since Sete Penre, former Padawan of Master Curvian, said this was an internal Jedi matter.

After that, it's up to you where to go. you have access to a cure, or you could try to track down and figure out what's going on. You know that the Republic was at least party to the designing of this weapon, though clearly they didn't know anything else about it. You also know that there was an unusual location stuff from Galidraan was being sent to, you note that in your notes to yourself.

Plot threads you can follow:
-Look into kidnappings on Nespis VIII for Lan and co., which connects with Lyriss's kidnapping
-Find some good astrogator's to figure out rough approximations of where those shipments might have gone. This can be done while you help Lan, since you all would be leaving it for a droid to do
-contact Curvian to figure out if she knows anything
-contact a Jedi temple somewhere with news about the cure
-figure out about the spy in the Temple
-anything else you might think of
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:25 pm

You also have the contact information of that Neimoidian, Vale, that you could contact if you need.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:13 am

Thanks for such a thorough recap. Being padawans, I would think that my character would want to find and consult Curvian. (In effect, getting direction from the GM through and npc.) Contacting a Jedi temple would be Trixie's other idea. She'd also maybe look into a spy in the temple. Focusing on big picture, a galactic scale. As a player, I am open to whatever we all can decide to do.

In front of us is helping Lan, but I think there are more pressing matters. Jedi Plague, Jedi Spy, Jedi Temple... we're Jedi so maybe we should do that.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:03 am

IMO as a player I think that we should be wary of contacting a Jedi temple until we know that our comms are secure and whomever is spying at one or more of the temples won't gain access to our intel. I'm also not sure that Curvian can be trusted. Chalk this up to both my innate paranoia and the fact that it's been so long that I've lost touch with what we know about Curvian.

Personally, I'm in favor of both of the first two of the options that our esteemed GM provided us in his truly excellent post. With regards to the second option (astrogator), Arca isn't a trained astrogator but he's so damn smart that he's got 5G's worth of dice for anything that involves using brainpower. Couple him with any run-of-the-mill astromech and you have a formidable team for whatever's needed, computers-wise.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:50 pm

You also have the 4 NPCs that can help you track down stuff inside the BioCorp building so you all can do other stuff (which means I don't have to run 4 NPCs tagging along :P )

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:51 pm

Oh, and forgot to say, you haven't checked in with any temples to see how the situation has developed, as it's been a few days since you touched base with anyone, Republic, Jedi, or otherwise

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:55 pm

Y'all have a plan? If so, lemme know in the IC thread, since Lan did ask you all a question.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:34 pm

I say we....
- Look into kidnappings on Nespis VIII for Lan and co., which connects with Lyriss's kidnapping
-Find some good astrogator's to figure out rough approximations of where those shipments might have gone. This can be done while you help Lan, since you all would be leaving it for a droid to do
-contact a Jedi temple
-contact the Neimoidian, Vale,

As I see it, the first one is the Main Roleplay while the others (perhaps) happen behind the scenes. I guess "contact _____" can just be as simple as trying to send a message on a comm device. We could discuss the specificity of the messages to each individual.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:49 pm

So doing them all, in that order?

OK, yeah, the first one is the main RP, the rest will be like saying something IC and getting a response or two back. Maybe more in the case of Curvian

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:56 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:34 pm
-contact a Jedi temple
Did you see my post from Friday?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:57 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:49 pm
So doing them all, in that order?
I hope not. I have concerns that no one seems to have noticed, much less responded to.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:38 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:56 am
Did you see my post from Friday?
Point taken. I posted somewhat mindlessly, but mostly what a hopeful Twi'lek would want to do. Now that you mention it, the idea of a spy being out there is quite a deterrent. My character would hope to contact those people, but maybe in-person if we could get to them and knew where they are.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:26 am

Contacting a Temple is probably low on the priority list as has already been mentioned thanks to a spy. Whatever route we plan to take is fine by me.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:25 pm

So current plan is then to work with Lan, figure out those two locations from the astrogation data, and then decide what to do next and how to figure out distribution of a cure after the previous steps are finished?

If that is so, someone give Lan an affirmative in the IC thread and I'll move us along.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:05 pm

sounds good to me (sorry for not chiming in earlier), also thanks for the excellent recap!

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:05 pm

Average Discipline check, Arca, this doctor is smart but not disciplined.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:34 am

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:07 pm

He doesn't adopt the belief that you want (willingness to tell you everything), but you catch some surface thoughts about something to do with a brother who disappeared.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:15 am

Obi-wan makes it look so easy.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:21 pm

You all recognize his last name he gives, just FYI. Info is in the handouts thread, you remember that name from stuff you found a while back.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:44 pm

?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:26 pm

Arca tried a force discipline-vs-discipline influence check. I hope that a Coercion check using Influence isn't considered a 2nd bite at the same apple.

You're spelling may be off, but I take it Cornelius and Regus Tantamon/Tantemon? I assume you mean them to be the same.
Spoiler:
When making a Coercion, Charm, Deception, Leadership, or
Negotiation check, the Force user may roll an Influence Power
check as part of his dice pool. He may spend a pip to gain SUCC or ADV
(user’s choice) on the check.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:43 pm

I wasn't trying to play the brother angle. Only Arca knows that now. It may be worth an additional boost die, depending on the circumstances. I'd assume (as a player) that his brother is 'missing' and he is, perhaps, trying to find him. Although, that may not be the case at all. Without metagaming, Trixie will stick with the surname on the reports and shake this tree to see if something comes loose.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:25 am

Does Zyla realize yet that she could have died or become one of these beast? I feel like she would be mad, like really mad about that

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:33 pm

Yeah, the last names are supposed to be the same, any error is in my typing :P

Yes, Zyla had seen the redacted report, and knows she was injected with something, but she has not had much time to fully process it yet.

Return to “Discussion”