Arc V - OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Image *Use LS*Use DS *

Update Force Pool
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Arc V - OOC

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:23 pm

New Thread Here
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Re: Arc V - OOC

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:32 pm

So we came here on a ship, and then this ship was offered to us to continue the mission?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:52 pm

Yes. you can take this purely diplomatic vessel, or keep your other one. Up to you what you think will make you less noticeable. Or if you want to raid one to provide stuff for the other, that's up to you.

The current ship is equivalent to a U-Wing. It is slower, but has weapons. The Yacht is faster, but has no weapons and slightly better rear armor. Up to you all which one you want to take.

You could strip stuff from one to move to another if you want as well, at least if it's easy to strip.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:03 pm

I vote for the U-wing equivalent.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:10 am

so what are y'all planning do? Want any resources, want to raid the diplomatic vessel for any stuff?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:16 pm

Well, it kinda goes without saying that anything we can raid from the other ship that will improve the "U-wing equivalent" 's stats we'd try, assuming it's both feasible and can be done in a timely fashion. The yacht's faster engine might not (and probably won't) fit, and you really can't strip armor from one ship and slap it on another. However, the yacht might have electronics (sensors, communications, navicomp) that may be better than what the "U-wing equivalent" has. Dunno.

Since we're losing our droid PC we probably ought to requisition an astromech. They're kinda handy to have. Perhaps a protocol droid as well, so we can deal with any language issues that might crop up.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:49 pm

OK, protocol and astromech.

You can swipe some of the onboard computers, that won't take you too long. Give me a computers check, hard difficulty. If you pass you'll have a permanent boost die added to checks made with the troop ship's computers to represent basically have a second one running simultaneously. Kitbashing your way to dual core processing.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:04 pm

Our new astromech assisting Arca...
Arca Gavalun; Tales of the Old Republic; Computers check:
4 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:37 am

is there a minibar? :)

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:56 pm

Yes, actually.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:08 am

Weapons are good to have on a ship. Probably good to stay with that.

Trixie could use some Stim Packs, if she can find any.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:04 pm

Yeah, you can get a hold of 6 of them

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:42 am

We ready then?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:02 am

Trixie Purchased with +30xp: Toughened (10pts), Reflect (15pts), 1R in Perception (5pts)

Ready? Yeah!

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:16 am

I'm still here...

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:51 pm

Sorry had some stuff come up. Please make me an easy Astrogation check, anyone. Remember your extra computer and your astromech. Let's see how fast you get there.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:56 pm

Arca will make the check, since he's the IQ beast...

Arca Gavalun; Tales of the Old Republic; Astrogation check:
7 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:27 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:56 pm
Arca will make the check, since he's the IQ beast...
Daaang, you weren't kidding :D

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:05 pm

5G from Arca's INT and 3Y from the droid, plus a boost for the dual navicomps. Easy peasy. (pun intended)

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:21 pm

Anxes is an easy Knowledge Core Worlds check if you want to know more about it.
Arca Gavalun; Tales of the Old Republic; Knowledge check:
5 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:01 pm

* - Anaxes was the throneworld of the Azure Imperium, one of the pre-Republic polities that eventually helped form the Republic. As such it has one of the oldest still operational Naval training facilities in the galaxy.

* - The Republic Navy War College hosts a huge number of foreign students, facilitating the training of executive and management level Republic Navy officers. It even boasts a connected Jedi facility, co-located with the Republic Survey Corps, which has one of its headquarters on Anaxes. Historically force sensitives have allowed ships to traverse dangerous regions of space, and the Jedi Order still loans out both fully trained Jedi and force sensitives that failed initiation trials.

* - Several recently discovered Pius Dea era vaults containing now proscribed military hardware and biological and chemical weapons are currently being excavated and disposed of by several large corporations, hired by the Republic. Among them is BioCorp.

* - the Azure Hammer Command is the fleet tasked with defending Coruscant and its sector of the galaxy. They are based on Anaxes and are descended from the unparalleled, for its time, Azure Imperium forces that bolstered the early proto-Republic.

* - the planet Axum, in the same system, as Anaxes, is a much larger industrial powerhouse, but has less political power and is not as well known on the galactic stage.

Advantage: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Brass_Soldiers_of_Axum <- you learn this fun fact that isn't at all relevant, but I love to plug the old Han Solo series.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:43 am

Ball's in y'alls court, but im also doing a bunch of travel wtih family and such, so no worries if you don't get a chance to post for a while.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:26 pm

To summarize: you have shipments you are looking for. you know when they arrived, where they were coming from, and approximate sizes of the shipments. Jedi are currently persona non grata in the galaxy, although no one will necessarily hunt you down unless they're supporting Sete and his attempt to usurp the Jedi Order. You all think it likely some of Sete's supporters are on Anaxes, since the shipment was coming here.
So, we fly in 'under the radar' and land where? A port and try to track those shipments?

Or, take a chance that it was going to BioCorp and go there, instead?
* - Several recently discovered Pius Dea era vaults containing now proscribed military hardware and biological and chemical weapons are currently being excavated and disposed of by several large corporations, hired by the Republic. Among them is BioCorp.
Another option?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:00 pm

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that BioCorp can't be trusted to properly "dispose" of proscribed items?

OTOH, our mission is to track the shipments, so we need to find out where they arrived (be it a port or corporate landing site). Which means digging into the Anaxes orbital control records to find out what ship(s) arrived that day and time and where said ship(s) landed (orbital station, if there are any, or somewhere on the planet).

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:28 am

So I'm assuming we need to get inside to get the info? Do we sneak in? Bluff our way in? Or will our status as Jedi be enough to get what we need?

Return to “Discussion”