Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:32 am

Filled with compassion (her emotional strength), she pats Zyla on the shoulder and consoles her."We'll do all we can to find out how to stop this."

"What's next, everybody? Try to get that blood sample? Look for another way down there?"
The emotion of the moment having taken away her understanding of what the plan was.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:10 pm

"I'm gonna have a quick look around the sides of the chamber, see if I can't find a way down." Waz'aru declares, think about the fact that other than walking directly down the center of the columns and checking the pit they had not really looked any further into the chamber. He did not have Acra's ability to heal and worrying about Zyla was not going to help any so he might as well help another way by gathering information.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:31 am

Waz is able to see hidden nooks, near the back of the pit against the wall, that has a handhold to climb down. He also notices that tucked into the nook right at the top of the pit is a recharging station with several small, round droids, smaller than the average closed fist of a human. he notices a senor on it, but it doesn't seem to have triggered off of his movements.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:42 am

"Well that looks interesting," he says quietly musing. Looking back to the others and seeing them still busy dealing with Zyla, he heads towards the nook with the droids first hoping they stay inert and also might have more information on an overall layout.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:57 am

The droids stay inert.

Waz can make out about 3 of them, with a spot for another one that is not there.

Each seems to have one photoreceptor, a slot that appears to be able to extrude something, and miniscule repulsorlifts to allow them to fly
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Waz'aru reaches into the nook and grabs one of the droids, fulling intending to put all three in the pockets of his heavy clothes to take back to the others.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:09 am

As soon as Waz grabs at the droid, all of their photoreceptors come to life and they begin to move.

He is holding one, but it and the other two are now active. He notices the slot is starting to open.
Spoiler:
Give me an initiative roll, Vigilance, with one setback (because there's that floating setbck I haven't used on you yet).

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:10 am

Spoiler:

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:14 am

The droid in Waz's hand shoots out a long needle from within it, piercing his hand.
Spoiler:
droid in hand; attack!:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage

Breach 1, 1 damage
He feels the needle pierce right through his suit and into his hand, clearly puncturing the containment on the suit.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:04 am

Waz'aru lets out a yelp of surprise and pain from the sharp needle piercing through his hand. Determined not to let the little droid get away now that it was active, he shifts his grip so the needle was no longer a threat.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:32 am

Lyriss comes to consciousness on a large hospital bed. She can tell she was strapped down at one point, but no longer is.

The bed is in some kind of clear-walled cell, apparently completely sealed, although the walls do not appear able to halt sound. To her left, she can see a robed and hooded figure talking to several individuals in lab coats.

The room outside the cell appears to be some kind of laboratory, large medical machines lining some kind of cavern wall that she can see behind the cluster of people. They are a ways away and are walking deeper into the cavern. A single lab-coated individual mans a computer near what looks like the door to her cell.

She can now see, as she is becoming fully conscious, that the 'cell' she is in is some kind of flexible material that could be rolled up when no longer in use. She can feel a slight draft, and she looks up and notices some kind of fan blowing what looks like some kind of vaguely opaque gas into the 'cell.' The draft causes her to notice that the 'door' of the 'cell' is loose and not sealed.

It does not appear that anyone else has noticed her waking up yet.

Illuminotter
Mercenary

Post by Illuminotter » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:05 pm

Lyriss eyes the individual at the nearby computor cautiously as she attempts to crawl to her feet and slowly make her way to the unsealed doorway with out alarming him

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:39 pm

Waz'aru shifts the droid so the needle is now fixed between his fingers as he backs away from the nook and turns back to the party. "Umm, Arca! I may have an issue and a clue."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:20 pm

The other droids attempt to fly out of the room, moving almost all the way to the party, but clearly not intent on interacting with them.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:44 pm

The coated individual turns around and sees Lyriss at the door, and he starts fumbling for something inside his jacket.

You are not currently wearing your robes, you have on some loose-fitting clothes that look like hospital attire, but you can see them and what is presumably your lightsaber a little ways away on a counter.
Spoiler:
Please roll me an initiative roll.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Varc immediately attempts to grab one of the droids, moving forward to intercept them before they pass the group.

Calling on the Force, he is able to grab one of them.
Spoiler:
Varc; TotOR; athletics to grab on of the droids:
0 Success, 0 Advantage, 2 Light Side , 2 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

1/4 chance to needle part is facing his hand. (eg roll a 1 = in hand)

Varc; TotOR; where is the needle?:
Numeric Roll: 1D4+0=3

He got 3, so not in his hand.
"I got this one!"

ST-3R, seeing that 2 of the droids have apparently been captured without damaging them, decided to incapacitate the other one.
Spoiler:
ST-3R; TotOR; whac-a-droid:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage
As ST-3R swings at the droid, he detects a large comm static burst from it and the one Varc is holding. His weapon impacts the droid, and it is nearly bisected from the hit. It crashes to the ground.

"These two droids appear to have sent some kind of signal from an internal comlink simply designed to be picked up by any device in range."

A large light on the computer next to Lyriss's cell lights up, causing the individual to glance briefly. His face falls, and he looks scared.

Illuminotter
Mercenary

Post by Illuminotter » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Lyriss rushes over to grab her lightsaber and ignite it, holding it in a defensive stance between her and the labcoat wearing man.

"Theres no reason we need to fight, I'm sure you were just doing your job, please just stand down and ill leave in peace"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:40 am

Trixie sees that the little flying droids are subdued, but wonders about what they could have done. She will pull out her General Purpose Scanner (maneuver) and scan for energy signatures. She is looking for anything emitting anything significantly more than a power cell. "Maybe there are more droids? Or, maybe equipment has been turned on? Or a defense system? Or maybe a large door has been opened!" With the last thought, she shudders at the possibility of the dormant beast being set free.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:08 am

'I c-can't let you leave, we haven't finished synthesizing the cure!" the man says forcefully. He pulls a gun out of his pocket.
Spoiler:
roll me a percentile die, please

He pulls the trigger, but the gun sputters and doesn't fire. He looks confused at it.

Trixie's scanner doesn't pick up any lingering signals, the two captured droids detect as being active though.

The soldiers and Orcam quickly cluster around Varc. They're clearly heeding the advice to not get too close to the pit. Ka'ran, Carran, and Joral work and looking through their packs to find some way to confine the droid.

The droid in Waz's hand struggles, and Trixie's scanner detects a massive spike on nearly every frequency normally used for communication coming from it.

The light on the computer near Lyrissa flashes again.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:59 am

Waz'aru lift's his hand so they can see the back of it with the hole in the middle. "Be careful of the hole in the front." He says grimacing in pain. "Needle went straight through my hand. My suit is compromised and my grip on this thing is keeping the bleeding in check, I hope."

Illuminotter
Mercenary

Post by Illuminotter » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:26 pm

Lyriss cringes as he pulls the trigger on the gun, then gives the gun an equally as confused look for a brief moment before frantically exclaiming
"Why are trying to shoot me?! What cure!? Just use your words for force sake! ...And for the love of the light put that thing down!"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:18 pm

The man gives another look of shock at his gun, then locks his gaze back on Lyrissa. "What is going on, I know that the cell was sealed, and I just checked this gun this morning..." he mumbles.

"I need you to get back into that room now," he says louder, slightly more composed, but he still glances nervously at the light that has lit up twice now.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:16 am

"Waz, get over here quick then, let Arca look over you!" Zyla shouts, shaking herself out of the funk she'd been lost in for a moment.

She jogs away from Arca towards Varc.

"Do you have a good grip on it?"

Illuminotter
Mercenary

Post by Illuminotter » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 am

Lyriss stares back with a deer in headlights gaze for a moment longer, contemplating what she should do, whatever the case she was NOT getting back in that room! Her eyes shifted quickly around the space looking for the door, then back to the man, then the door again, hesitating for a few awkward seconds before just taking off sprinting towards the door, just noping right the heck out of here. Or at least attempting to flee.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Arca moves to meet Waz and extends his Force senses to examine the Padawan's health, looking for energy flows similar to what he found in Zyla.

Return to “The Story”