Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:58 pm

As Arca asked the first question, anger and disgust coursed through his mind, and images of training, trials, and the Coruscant temple arose as he defended his knighthood. As he mentioned poor planning, brief images of him talking to another shadowy figure, smashing the columns Arca had previously seen in the Devaronian's thoughts, and pulling the necklaces from the wreckage of the columns.

You all can see Viln struggling, wanting to not answer, but clearly valuing his life more than his silence.

"I suppose it doesn't matter now, the plan is already in motion. The other Derriphan have almost certainly reached the ship above, and the Sith plague from this planet and the galaxy will finally be on the path to complete eradication."

He seems to have figured out that Arca is reading his thoughts, and doesn't bother to answer the question of whether there are other beings outloud. Arca sees him and another robed figure, and a third robed figure, standing near a spaceship, the third figure leaves. His thoughts suddenly shift to what looks like a lab, set inside a cave, with biohazard containment sections set up.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Arca injects the sedative into the prisoner and informs the others, "More of these orbs, 'Derriphan', along with at least one more fallen Jedi are headed to the ship we came on. We must warn them immediately not to let any other ships approach them, and avoid any docking attempts at all costs! There is a lab here, which is the source of the plague. It is of Sith origin. The Sith intend to spread this plague across the galaxy. We must stop it!"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:07 pm

”This area blocked our comms on the way in. We need to search the lab but we must warn the ship in orbit. If we do one we run the risk of losing valuable information, if we do the other we risk this plague spreading. And if we do both we risk everything failing. I feel that we need to warn the ship first.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:34 pm

"Agreed! We must warn the ship!"

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:09 pm

Preparing to rush outside of the caverns, "Shall we hastily proceed to the last known position where communications were active?" ST-3R asks, to confirm this objective takes priority above all else. The droid was in logical agreement with Arca's call however, did not wish push further if more procedural protocols must necessitate within the cavern first for the investigation.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:22 am

"Hold on a second guys," Waz'aru says holding out his hands in the stop gesture. "I agree we need to warn the ship, but how are they supposed to get there? They must have a shuttle nearby, or a landing site."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:00 pm

"It doesn't matter Waz'aru, unless the means of getting there is still on the surface very, very close to us. And judging by the landscape outside and inside (this wreckage), there's no place to conceal a starship. "

"We should move quickly to warn the ship!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:06 pm

"Someone should go ahead. We can't get anywhere quickly with a prisoner in tow."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 pm

The group exits the cavern, which is lit now and sends some light into the passageway outside it.

They head back, with purpose, toward the fork in the tunnels.

Arca, Waz, and Jarkyc stop at the fork, deliberating which of the other two paths to take.

The rest of the group quickly heads outside. It takes about 15 minutes to get back out of the tunnel, as it's still not the easiest terrain to navigate.

Once outside, you're able to move far enough from the rocks to get away from whatever interference there is. Orcam sends up a call to the ship.
"Fist Against Alsakan, this is Sergeant Orcam, come in."

After a few brief moments, a reply comes back.

Sergeant Orcam, I'm afraid after what the shuttle pilot reported, we can't trust anything we hear you say. These creatures that are causing the plague, Derriphan he said you called them, have been reported to Republic High Command. I'm afraid until a countermeasure is in place to deal with them, you're confined to the planet. In addition, in case you are compromised, we're closing this channel down"

Jarkyc looks at the two tunnels. "Left or right?"
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:45 pm

Arca replies, "Right. Unless Waz has a feeling for which way we should go?"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:48 am

"Right works for me." He says with a nod to the right fork. "I'll take point if that's okay with you guys?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:55 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 pm
Once outside, you're able to move far enough from the rocks to get away from whatever interference there is. Orcam sends up a call to the ship.
"Fist Against Alsakan, this is Sergeant Orcam, come in."

After a few brief moments, a reply comes back.

Sergeant Orcam, I'm afraid after what the shuttle pilot reported, we can't trust anything we hear you say. These creatures that are causing the plague, Derriphan he said you called them, have been reported to Republic High Command. I'm afraid until a countermeasure is in place to deal with them, you're confined to the planet. In addition, in case you are compromised, we're closing this channel down"
"WHAT!!?!?!???" exclaims Trixie, in her best Princess Leia impersonation. (You're far too trusting.)

"That can't be!! Get them back on the comm, Orcam!"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Orcam tries to comm, but it's just white noise.

Zyla coughs, and stumbles to her knees.

"What the frag?" Zyla says, with a bit of incredulity. The cough had splattered blood onto the inside of her mask.

Wandering down the tunnel for several minutes, their lack of training with spelunking make it hard for them to tell much about the make-up of the cavern and tunnel, and the going is slow. You are able to avoid any and all pitfalls along the way, After several minutes, though, of a notable decline, the group can tell the walls are starting to be much more regular, as is the floor. The three of you begin to feel a pressure inside their heads, the same kind that earlier affected them as they were walking into the other tunnel.

Your exploration comes to a stop as you come face to face two massive stone doors. One is cracked open enough to allow a human sized figure to move through, and there are obvious lightsaber slashes on it that appear to be handholds to be able to grab the door.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:25 am

"This looks interesting." Looking to Arca he continues, holding up the borrowed saber. "Wanna bet those slashes came from this?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:52 am

"I don't wager. Besides, I agree with you."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:24 am

"Let's see what's behind door number one, shall we? Jarkyc, cover me." Waz'aru says as he leans through the massive doors to look beyond.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:39 pm

Noticing Zyla's struggle, ST-3R rushes over asking "Do you need aid Padawan Zyla? My programming has alerted me that coughing up internal liquids is an injurious sign of health for your species" while providing it's large metallic hand upon her back for support. "Is this causation from the orb or unrelated?" the droid internally processes, awaiting Zyla's personal diagnosis.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:48 pm

Waz sees a massive temple-like complex. The architecture is very ornate, enormous columns lining both walls. With your meager light source, you can't see the end of the room. Several of the columns near the door have been shattered, and you see the glint of some kind of red gemstone on the unshattered ones.

Jarkyc peeks in over Waz's head. He hits a key on his gauntlet, and sweeps the room with his gaze.
"No heat signahtures."
Spoiler:
Basically think Sith/Babylonian, like some examples:

Zyla takes ST-3R's hand and uses it to help her stand.

"I feel fine now, no clue what that was about."

She coughs again, although it's clearly forced to expel any remaining residue. None comes up in the cough. She scratches the back of her leg again.

Orcam looks nervous. "What did that damn fella say about 'killin' the Sith plague' or somethin'? They clearly made their move, why ain't they leaving if they have gotten on the ship?"

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:16 am

ST-3R quickly examines the exterior of Zyla's suit where she began itching to confirm the armor is still sealed. Next looking up at Orcam, "What is the trained military protocol for when Republic High Command re-establishes the said appropriate countermeasures to our situation?" ST-3R asks, uncertain of their present options.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:42 am

Waz'aru carefully enters the chamber, Lightsaber in hand, unlit. "I think wow or whoa might be an understatement." He says as he moves closer to one of the intact pillars.
Spoiler:
Do the gemstones look anything like the ones in the necklace the Devorian had?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:00 pm

Vergence wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:16 am
ST-3R....... "What is the trained military protocol for when Republic High Command re-establishes the said appropriate countermeasures to our situation?" ST-3R asks, uncertain of their present options.
"Not sure, ST-3R, but it doesnt sound good. I think we're on our own. We'd better catch up to the rest of the group and deliver the bad news. I dont know WHAT we do now!" Unless there's any objections, we'll head back down with the grave news.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:14 am

The gemstones appears identical to the three that the Devaronian was wearing.

As Waz gets further into the room, he's able to see that the end room seems to descend into a passive pit. Some kind of large flat stone-like object sits on the part of the edge facing the door you are entering through.

ST-3R doesn't see any puncture indications on the suit.

The group makes their way back into the cave. They do note that the Tuk'ata are all still unconscious.

It takes about 15 minutes to get back to the three-way fork. You don't know currently which direction your compatriots took.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Jarkyc follows Waz into the room, then looks back.

"Let me help push this door open fahrther, so we cahn keep the prisoner with us."

He puts his back into it, but it's very slow going, barely moving at all.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:16 pm

Arca will lend a hand as well, if there is room for him to get any leverage on the door.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:19 pm

After several minutes they are able to open it up enough.

Return to “The Story”