Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:18 pm

Zyla coughs, and blood and phlegm come up. Her cheek color and the stuff within her cough do appear normal to Arca's eyes.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:20 pm

Waz's lightsaber cleaves through window fairly quickly, gouging out a path. It looks like it will take another swipe to fully carve a hole in the window.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:29 pm

"You got me, I guess," the strange Jedi says, holding his arms up to indicate surrender.

"Droids, cancel takeoff order!"

The droids stop, although one continues to try to stop the fuel machine leak.
Spoiler:
Combat is over

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Arca takes a few minutes and starts running a scan of Zyla. However, nothing on the scan seems to make sense. It can't find anything wrong with Zyla, at least that it can tell, but it something is off and the scanner cannot quite square it with anything in its database. It's almost like Zyla is no longer a Falleen, but that answer is not satisfying to Arca (advantage).

"Third datapad in the stack behind me," the holocron says, clearly detecting Arca's confusion, "The one with the BioCorp label on it" (Triumph).

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Arca fetches the indicated device and, after making sure that it's not rigged to explode or do anything else dangerous (such as transmit an EMP), he activates it.

Spoiler:
Yes, he doesn't trust the holocron. Why would he?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:25 pm

It appears to just be a datapad filled with something labeled:
OPERATION: LEVIATHAN
Author: REDACTED

Date: REDACTED

Executive Summary: The recent advances in genetic engineering at REDACTED can lead to several new areas of research. The first is that with the newfound understanding of REDACTED means that new REDACTED can be grown, using the original genetic template. Second, smaller REDACTED should be possible, shaping sentient beings into becoming small, triggerable one-man-armies that can be created with a simple injection. Third, and most importantly, the minds of smaller REDACTED created based on genetic material from REDACTED appear to have a quasi-psychic connection which may allow future avenues of research and opens up a way for our researchers to interact with the Force.

Table of Contents
  • Genetic Testing Results - 2
  • Failures and Observations - 50
  • Weapon potentials - 90
  • The Force - 96
  • Citations and Researchers - 100
Spoiler:
Oh, I don't expect Arca to trust the holocron, I don't expect anyone to... :P

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:41 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:29 pm
"You got me, I guess," the strange Jedi says, holding his arms up to indicate surrender.

"Droids, cancel takeoff order!"
"Your scheming ways are over! Lay down your weapons!" says Trixie with an authoritative voice, knowing that her powers of Force Suppression have thwarted this strange Jedi's efforts more than once on this day!

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:51 am

Arca skims, starting at "Genetic Testing Results", then if he finds nothing immediately relevant to Zyla he moves on to "Failures and Observations" and lastly "The Force".

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:58 pm

He gestures at his lightsaber on the ground, and keeps his hands in the air.

Lyriss heads over and stands next to Trixie, backing her up.

ST-3R moves to make sure that the droids aren't doing anything other than turning off the refueling station and cleaning the spillage.

Jarkyc heads back over to Arca and Zyla and Varc, and keeps an eye on the holocron.

near as Arca can tell, there are notes in the report about injecting some kind of special concoction, which requires the Force to make, from some big thing into smaller test subjects, and they develop some sort of mutation and mental link with the big thing. The symptoms appear consistent with Zyla's as far as Arca can tell.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:38 pm

"By the Force Trixie!" Waz'aru exlaims as he hops back off the shuttle and walks back to the group, scooping up the enemy's saber with his free hand, the borrowed one still lit in his other hand. "Some seriously good Jedi moves there."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:37 am

Waz now has both of the Strange Jedis sabers (he had two).

Arca, thinking through what he has read, glances around quickly. His eyes fall onto the medical supplies on the other side of the room, near where the containment cell is located. Several of the vials and jars cause something to click in his brain, but he doesn't know for sure why.

He also remembers that Lyriss mentioned they needed her for some kind of "cure" when she was escaping.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:17 am

Arca moves to the other side of the room and examines the supplies there.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:55 am

Varc moves closer to the now captured Jedi. But still remaining at a short distance. ”What were you doing here?”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Arca would need to take a while to actually look over all the supplies, but the computer near them is still on and logged in. Zyla is still coughing a bit, but also still unconscious. Varc and Arca have a strange tingling in the back of their neck, like something is going on in the Force but they can't quite tell.

"I can help," the holocron guardian whispers, just loud enough for those in the immediate room to hear.

Jarkyc keeps his hand on his weapon.

Lyriss comes jogging back into the room, to see if she can help Arca with anything.

The strange Jedi laughs. "What does it look like?"

Spoiler:
gonna need a coercion check. The strange Jedi isn't very scared of you all, knowing you're Jedi. The check is daunting + 3 upgrades (RRRP)
Spoiler:
Sorry for the slow response, the end of the semester, COVID19 quarantine stuff, and the so-far-unsuccessful job hunt have all blended together to really make it hard to want to do anything

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:26 am

"You lack the gratitude someone in your situation should have. Someone who has just had his life spared! You should be helpful or something worse may happen to you."
Spoiler:
Even if the latter two force dice don't apply currently, I still got two LS pips to apply. One for an Adv to cancel the threat, the other for a 2nd success.

Trixie Ulan'jani; TotOR; Coercion Check w/ Influence:
1 Success, 1 Threat, 1 Despair, , 2 Light Side , 3 Dark Side
{{Applied LS Pips: 2 Succ, 0/0 Thr/Adv, 1 Despair}}
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:28 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:43 pm
"I can help," the holocron guardian whispers, just loud enough for those in the immediate room to hear.
Arca curtly responds, "How?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:50 am

the strange Jedi clearly looks a bit worried, something in Trixie's voice, and Lyriss and Waz aggressively backing her up, seems to make them think better than shutting up.

"You really don't know, do you? This is a cleansing. A resetting of the slate."

You all notice that the orbital bombardment seems to have stopped. You can't tell how long it has been silent for.

"The problem affecting the reptilian woman is dire, but it is more important that you ensure you haven't had contact with the sleeping contagion. I sadly cannot move myself and thus cannot help with either directly, but it would be quite unfortunate if any of you succumbed to the sleeping contagion before saving your friend."

There is a sort of venom in her voice, like a sickly sweet poison.
Spoiler:
you can trigger obstinance here if you want to get confrontational with someone telling you what to do. Or you can RP keeping your cool and working to get the jobs done even if you have to suppress your natural obstinacy and listen to this clearly suspicious holocron guardian.

I think that's a good way to do this here

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 03, 2020 6:19 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:50 am
the strange Jedi clearly looks a bit worried, something in Trixie's voice, and Lyriss and Waz aggressively backing her up, seems to make them think better than shutting up.

"You really don't know, do you? This is a cleansing. A resetting of the slate."
"A cleansing???" Trixie ask incredulously. "At the cost of thousands of lives. No doubt something that you take great pleasure in!!"
she says with a sarcastic barb.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun May 03, 2020 2:20 pm

The strange Jedi sighs, "Oh don't act all high and mighty. You haven't seen the lasting damage the Sith and their empire left on these planets. Wiping them out using their own discoveries is a kindness to the galaxy. While you stopped us from finalizing the Leviathan protocols, this isn't going to end until those scum are wiped from the galaxy."

Their tongue seems to be loosening.

The droids have finished sealing the fuel pump leak and cleaning it up, under ST-3R's watchful gaze.

Seeing Arca's silence, the holocron guardian rolls her eyes. "Alright, fine, be that way. The woman," she says, gesturing at Lyriss, "was being tested for antibodies to the sleeping contagion. They'd basically succeeded, beyond extracting the finished ones. Get those from her, and you should be able to counteract the effects of the sleeping contagion."

Lyriss looks a little confused at this, but the pieces seem to be falling into place in her head.

The hologram turns to look at Jarkyc. "Oh come now, do you really need to threaten me with that," she angrily says, noting the control datapad in Jarkyc's hand.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Trixie isn't sure what to make of the strange jedi's comment about “wiping out the Sith”. She struggles internally if that is a good idea or not.

Is killing all the Sith a GOOD thing?!?!??? she thinks to herself. He thinks he is doing a GOOD thing?!?!

“THIS planet was a colony world! A planet for exiles, and then settlers. This colony has been here 700 years without any issues of violence of uprising. They are a threat to no one. Galidraan is a threat to no one. Your explanation is a sad excuse for murder!”

Spoiler:
Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:20 pm
Curvian informs you that she doesn't know for sure, as it's been over 700 years since the colony was founded. It's one of the many relocation centers where the Republic mass exported Sith during the Great Hyperspace War's aftermath. She also lets you know that, as of when the mission was assigned, the doctors on Galidraan had tried all the basic medications they were equipped with. The planet asked for Republic, and Jedi, aid, Curvian adds.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun May 03, 2020 5:40 pm

"Seven hundred years? You think seven hundred years makes up for the millennia of slavery and evil their empire perpetuated? There are some species alive that remember the Sith occupation and destruction of their worlds, are they just supposed to forget about their families dying, whole cities and polities slaughtered?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 03, 2020 6:56 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:40 pm
"Seven hundred years? You think seven hundred years makes up for the millennia of slavery and evil their empire perpetuated? There are some species alive that remember the Sith occupation and destruction of their worlds, are they just supposed to forget about their families dying, whole cities and polities slaughtered?"
"MURDER by any other name is still murder. It is an inherently evil act, no matter what the circumstances, no matter how convincing the rationalizations. If we believe that murder is wrong and not admissible in our society, then it has to be wrong for everyone."

"Revenge is a confession of pain. You have much pain, I can sense it. Killing them won't ease your pain. It won't bring ANYONE back. An eye for an eye will only make the whole galaxy blind. These people have done nothing to you. Yet, you want to kill them for something their ancestors did centuries ago."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon May 04, 2020 8:45 pm

The holocron turns back to Arca and adds, "Your friend should be fine with a mild sedative, without the alchemy encouraging the Leviathan cells within her she won't progress any faster than the sleeping contagion does."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue May 05, 2020 1:08 am

”Mass genocide is not the answer! Hate leads to more hate. We are not primitives who believe that an eye for an eye is the correct answer. You were a Jedi once weren’t you?”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue May 05, 2020 7:22 am

Arca administers a mild sedative to Zyla, as recommended by the suspiciously-helpful holocron, and then proceeds to collect a serum sample from her (which supposedly should contain antibodies to the sleeping contagion, assuming that the holocron is correct). Both suggestions have merit, and neither could cause harm. Arca then looks the gift Bantha in the mouth and asks the holocron, "What is your motive in helping us help Zyla? What do you gain from doing this? What is it that you wish to achieve?"

Return to “The Story”