Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:17 am

”These place grows stranger by the moment. Perhaps you were a victim?”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:44 am

"My name is Lyriss. My Master and I were on the Nespis VIII spaceport. We were jumped. Next thing I know I woke up on some kind of operating table. I escaped, something had left the room I was in unsealed, but there were people behind me last I heard."
Spoiler:
Trixie's check is fine, simple is all that's needed.
She pauses for a moment.

"Victim? What's going on. Where are we? They mentioned something about a cure and needing me to finish it?"

Some shouting can be heard coming from the tunnel that the others realize Lyriss must have come from.

The soldiers and Jarkyc immediately drop back with the body, leaving the padawans free to deal with the situation.

Zyla moves forward, between Lyriss and the tunnel, keeping her blade at the ready. "I guess these are the people that were chasing you."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:19 am

Varc steps forward as well. His lightsaber at the ready.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:17 pm

"So Jedi Master and his Padawa are both 'jumped' at a spaceport? Hmmm." Waz'aru askes skeptically as he tenses for a possible battle.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:19 am

Five armed guards, in obviously sealed armor, rush out, lights attached to their rifles. They stop suddenly upon seeing the Jedi standing.

Behind them strides a robed figure. The hood is up. Behind him floats one of the glowing orb things.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:43 am

Sensing their emotions, Trixie steps forward, lights her saber, and speaks.

"BACK OFF!!!! OR YOU'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALL OF US JEDI AT ONCE!!!"
Spoiler:
Force Influence: Control
Spending a LS DP.
Boost from Sense Emotions Talent
GM can determine difficulty and roll it (Gonna be tough to beat 9-11 Successes!!!).
"May spend pip for either Success or Advantage"

RESULT (Base): 4 Successes, 1 Threat, 4 LS Pips
Spending LS Pips for 3 Succ, 1 Adv
NET RESULTS: 7 Successes on Coercion***
***This really depends on how you want to apply coercion. To persuade a group? 7 successes. To apply per individual and only do measly strain? Spend an Adv(LS) to affect two individuals for 3 strain each. However, I STRONGLY prefer applying 7 successes vs a group result. A temporary retreat, or such. Total Surrender? HA-HA-HA! That might be too much!!! But a reprieve buys us time in the story.

Trixie; TotOR; Coercion Check:
5 Successes, 2 Advantages, 4 Light Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Trixie; TotOR; Difficulty:
1 Failure, 3 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:23 am

Zyla moves with her, standing in an aggressive lightsaber stance
Spoiler:
this is the source of one of the boosts

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:58 pm

The five armored guys all waver and take a step back. Trixie's explosive threat clearly shook them all.

The robed figure looks like they want to say something, but then they pause. "Fall back," they finally say, in a voice that has clearly been through a filter of a mask of some kind, to distorted to tell accent, species, or gender.
Spoiler:
A triumph would have definitely got a total surrender, but applying that to the whole group will get you a reprieve.
While the others are watching the enemies pull back, Lyriss takes that moment to throw on her pants and her robe.

"Yes, 'jumped,'" she says to Waz, clearly noticing the skepticism in his voice.

Zyla doubles over in pain. "Aaagh! What the hell is going on," she says through gritted teeth. "This doesn't feel like whatever sickness got the people back in the town, I'm not tired just pain."

"Sickness? What exactly is going around?" Lyriss asks.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:49 am

Arca moves next to Zyla and focuses his healing sense on her, while simultaneously extracting a medisensor from a belt pouch.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:33 am

Spoiler:
Give me a hard medicine check. Two boosts thanks to the medisensor and having done this before
Without having a full lab to do a pathogen screen, the medisensor is just helpful enough to acknowledge that unusual bacteria can be detected, but given you are all on a planet you've never been on before, Arca expects this sort of reading.
Spoiler:
Depending on advantages, or your own ideas, Arca will do some beneficial actions with the medisensor.

The Medisensor notably pings the existence of a decidedly non-Falleen lifeform sharing Zyla's body.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Arca definitely detects something, and he is washed over with the same unease he felt earlier when they entered the first cavern and again when they entered the room with the pit and the beast. [success]

He focuses more, as the medisensor works, and thanks to having already touched her body once he begins to pick out elements of it [success]. He believes he has narrowed down what might be foreign microorganisms from this planet, but he would need a lab to double check his findings [success].

[advantage]He happens to pass the medisensor over himself as well looking for any leads it might be able to provide by cross-referencing potential microorganisms in his body compared to hers. It indicates that there is a distinct lack of a prevalent microbe in Zyla within Arca. Seizing on that, he scans the others and notes none of them have whatever Zyla seems to be infected with either.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:51 pm

While Arca is working, ST-3R walks over to Lyriss.

"Padawan Lyriss, we are on Galidraan, a planet in the Outer Rim. There is a plague here that has been putting Sith and part-Sith colonists to sleep, and we have been tasked by the Council with dealing with the issue. We are in a tunnel complex underneath a nearby mountain."

He continues to fill her in on the rest of what they have encountered, although he leaves out specifics of the individual that lies sedated behind the group.

Lyriss explains that she and her master were investigating kidnappings on the Nespiss VIII Space City. Several individuals in full body hazmat suits and sprayed them down with some something that knocked Lyriss unconscious. She doesn't know what happened to her master.

While that is happening, Jarkyc walks up to Trixie.

"I'd heard thaht Jedi were fearsome opponents, but the way you convinced them to bahck down like thaht wahs impressive. The stories about whaht Jedi cahn do has inspired many from my clan to seek out and witness it in person, I may be the luckiest," he chuckles.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:36 pm

"To tell the truth, Jarkyc, I'm not that strong. I am a totally fearful of what would happen if violence broke out with them. But, we are stronger together."

"They may be frightened now, but they'll likely be back soon, and perhaps, in greater numbers!"

"What really frightens me, Jarkyc, is that what we need to cure this disease lies in that room ahead of us!"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:23 am

Arca informs Zyla, with as much tact as he can muster (which, as Arkanian, isn't all that much), "I sense the same Force signature in the foreign organism within you as I sensed in the creature that is in the pit. Given a bit of time I believe that I can, through the Force and in conjunction with medical technology, isolate the foreign organisms within you. That should provide some relief. In the interim, I do not know if it is advisable for me to treat your present discomfort, as that would add additional variables to the problem."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:31 pm

"Arca, can you tell if I've been infected as well?" Waz'aru asks holding up the hand where he'd been punctured.
"Also I have an idea to scare our friends down the hall a little more. Someone quietly demonstrate the most terrifying sound they know."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:57 pm

"What kind of sound are you looking for, Padawn Waz'aru?" ST-3R asks.

"Like some kind of large animal noise?" Zyla adds in, taking a few steps away from Arca and back towards the group.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:12 am

"Yes Zyla. A large animal. I have the ability to, let's say distract people, and if I know a sound I may be able to recreate it and make our friends down the hall think their pet has escaped." Waz'aru says to the group.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:24 am

After consulting for a few minutes, the group decides to creep forward. The soldiers stay behind with the body, not wanting the individual to wake up. Jarkyc heads with the group.

After they come close to the airlock, Waz unleashes the sound, as best as he could produce it.

The sound is loud, but the group feels it wasn't quite what Waz was wanting it to be. The group can hear some muffled shouting within the airlock, but nothing else.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:59 am

Trixie re-ignites her lightsaber, anticipating a reprisal or at least thinking that we may enter further into the next room.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:04 am

”Well we won’t get anywhere just sitting here. Let me see what I can do about this door.”
Spoiler:
Varc ; Skullduggery :
0 Success, 0 Advantage

Varc wiped the sweat from his brow. Stepping back from the door all he could do was sigh.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:08 am

"Sorry Varc, I should have offered my help." Waz'aru says as he steps past his fellow Padawan and started fiddling with the lock. "I was still thinking about that weird noise I made. Anyway, there you go."
Spoiler:
Waz'aru; TotOR; Skullduggery:
3 Successes, 1 Threat

Strain for Image?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:23 am

Spoiler:
Yes on the strain
Waz notices that the lock seems to not be completely locked down, seeming to corroborate Lyriss's statement that something seems to have let her out.

He does figure out what is needed to unlock the door, and can do it whenever he wishes.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Waz'aru looks to the others, "Shall we go in? After seeing that group I do suggest sabers at the ready."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:09 am

Lyriss and Zyla both ignite their sabers.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:00 am

Arca follows suit.

Return to “The Story”