Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:48 am

As the other two struggle to open the door, Waz'aru continues to explore the room, being careful not to touch anything yet. "These gems look a lot like the ones our unconscious friend had on him, which would also explain the hacked up columns." He says as he continues past.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:55 am

The columns appear hollow, as if something was inside. Waz counts, by his estimates, 10 broken columns, and around 40 unbroken ones.

As he approaches the pit, he can see that the stone thing in front of it seems to have some kind of ancient computer terminal embedded in the stone. The hair on his body starts to stand on end as he gets closer, and little bits of either electricity arc between the standing hairs in haphazard patterns. A pit begins to grow in Waz's stomach, and his head starts to pound.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:06 am

Stepping back from the pit, Waz'aru wonders at the effects that just hit him. "Arca, I don't suffer from anxiety issues, but approaching that pit makes me very really screwed up."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:11 am

He can feel the dread and electricity seem to cling to him as he backs up.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:36 am

Arca pulls out his medkit's medisensor and scans Waz.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:40 am

Nothing appears to be wrong with him, at least nothing the scanner can detect.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:41 am

"As I suspected, whatever is affecting you does not register on instrumentation. It must be transmitted to your mind through the Force."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Jarkyc makes a point to stay back and not go farther into the room, after seeing Waz react to getting near the pit.

"Whaht do you think it is? This isn't a lahb, but it's definitely related to whahtever is going on here?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:38 am

"This way, Varc!"
Spoiler:
Trixie; TotOR; Survival Check:
3 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:53 am

Trixie is able to notice some scuff marks that appear very fresh, and can tell that the other group went down the central tunnel.

Spoiler:
The Waz/Arca/Jarkyc group is still around 15 minutes ahead time wise, so once we run through whatever they do with that computer terminal, whether they leave it alone or not, the rest of you will show up.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:07 am

”Oh, yea. Sorry, lead the way.” Varc was lost in thought regarding the current situation as well as the issue with The coughing up blood. He had a theory about the motive behind this heinous act, but the thought of it was disturbing to say the least. Was it possible this ‘Fallen Jedi’ was trying to enact a mass genocide on the Sith? Even against those that were now harmless? He didn’t want to voice this train of thought until he was certain because he didn’t want to cause potential strife within his allies.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:19 am

Zyla seems fine, although ST-3R makes a point to stay next to her and watch her. He didn't find any punctures in her suit, but something still felt off about what was happening to her.

"Hopefully they found something useful"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:17 pm
Jarkyc makes a point to stay back and not go farther into the room, after seeing Waz react to getting near the pit.

"Whaht do you think it is? This isn't a lahb, but it's definitely related to whahtever is going on here?"
"There could still be some kind of lab thing in the pit. There's an old computer terminal out on the stone slab, I'm going to try to get there again, but I'll tell you my tail is still tingling from the electricity in the air."
Spoiler:
What kind of roll am I looking at to get him closer?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Steeling himself for the sensations he felt before Waz'aru heads back towards the pit and computer terminal on the stone.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:32 pm

Waz is smothered by the same feeling as before, but manages to make it to the console.

He can see over the edge of the pit some periodic darts of purplish-electrical looking arcs of energy.

The console appears recently used, he can see clear areas where dust has been smudged.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:01 am

Waz'aru yells back a description of what he is seeing to the others and inspects the console, looking for clues as to it's purpose.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Waz sees that the console has some writing on buttons, in Sith, and pulls out the translation helmet.

It takes a couple of seconds to get used to, but he sees that the keys touched most often are the "letter" keys and the directional control of the onscreen selector.

The other buttons that seem to be less used look like hardcoded buttons for specific commands, but due to abbreviations rather than full words, the helmet can't translate them. He can tell one is a power button, but beyond that the abbreviations are outside the scope of the translation helmet.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:16 pm

"Well you kinda get used to the weird feeling after a few minutes, except my tail is still tingling.Waz'aru says then reading off the commands to Jarkyc and Arca he presses the power button on the system, keeping an eye on the pit as he does so. "Here's goes something."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:42 pm

The screen lights up.

A stream of commands starts going across the screen. The helmet says it's boot code, checking for errors.

The screen finally settles on a menu of a few different options.
Spoiler:
Think KOTOR style computer screens with menus and submenus

One says "derridan", hunger.

Another says "enclosure"

A third says "locked"

A fourth says "alchemy"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:02 am

Pausing for a moment, he turns back to the others. "I'm not sure how much further I should go. Suggestions?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:01 pm

"Enclosure sounds dangerous," Jarkyc says, "But I'm curious whaht 'locked' is."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:21 am

"I'm thinking that may be one of the last things we want to play with." Waz'aru replies. "It may be the control for the enclosure door or something like that. But what if there is something inside the enclosure? The Enclosure tab may allow us to view what is inside however?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:39 am

Jarkyc shrugs. "Never liked computers. Cahn't talk to them, reason with them, skin them, or torture them."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:09 am

Waz'aru takes a deep breath and pushes the tab marked "Enclosure", hoping that nothing bad happens.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:21 am

A new menu opens up.
  • Lights
  • Video feed
  • Vitals
  • Release

Return to “The Story”