Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:36 am

A shuttle arrives, late in the night, at the Ithorian Herdship.

The Jedi, awakened or still awake, come to meet their newest traveling companion.

Auspa Deo steps off the shuttle...
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Jesster
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

Post by Jesster » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:42 pm

A young Pantoran woman with golden eyes and violet hair highlighted with blue steps down the boarding ramp of the shuttle. She wears an elegant multi-colored tunic with leather trim and seems to be traveling light. Her tall posture symbolizes a sense of confidence and perhaps importance.

As she is received by the shuttle, Auspa folds her hands in front of herself and holds her head high. "I am padawan Auspa Deo. Since my assistance is needed here, tell me where I can get started."

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:39 pm

Awaiting by Master Curvian's side, the towering dark-chrome security droid observes the shuttle dock with the herdship. As the young blue Pantoran disembarks off the ramp, ST-3R's visor illuminates a flashing red beam as it scans the perimeter around the newcomer. The droid was clearly wary of any reasoning why Gil held intel on Auspa's arrival.

Providing a slight nodding bow, "Greetings; welcome to Ruusan" ST-3R states, with its best warming embrace. Rapidly adjusting its audio output at a lower tone, "Although, I have nothing pleasant to share during my stay" it drily murmurs.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:32 pm

Varc looks at ST-3R with a smirk. ”What? No curtsy?” He then turns to the new arrival and gives a nod. ”I am Padawan Varc Jesk, pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

Varc then turns to Master Curvian. ”Will there be another duel to test out ability with the lightsaber?” He still was unsure of Master Curvian’s teaching methods. Was that just a random test for them or was every new Padawan subjected to it?
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:49 am

Curvian shakes her head to Varc. "No. Without pressing matters at the moment, I can more carefully study your skills. That be said, I am Master Curvian, Padawan Deo. I will be examining your skills and knowledge."

The pilot of the shuttle waves Curvian over, and she moves to go talk to her, leaving Auspa and the other Padawans (and ST-3R) together.

Zyla speaks up. "I'm Zyla, glad to meet you. And Varc, just because you made a date doesn't mean everyone else needs,"[/i] she adds with a chuckle.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Jesster

Post by Jesster » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Auspa bows her head slightly for Curvian when she is introduced. "I look forward to your tests, Master Curvian." After Curvian leaves, Auspa arrogantly holds her head high again. "It's a... pleasure to meet all of you. So we will be tested together? Hopefully we can move beyond this soon so we can make some contributions to the order."

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:45 pm

Arca, somewhat uncharacteristically, speaks up, "It is my understanding that each Padawan undergoes their Knighthood trial alone. A candidate cannot be properly assessed if they receive assistance from another candidate. And some of the Trials, such as the Trial of Insight and Trial of the Spirit cannot be shared because of their nature."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:45 pm

"Well, Arca," Zyla responds, "that doesn't meant we can't help each other along the way. It's not like we have to go into a small room on our own, my master liked to mention how he passed his trials all at once, with several other companions present,in a particularly tense fight against some weird cultists spinwards from here in the colonies."

She goes over to Auspa and shakes her hand.

Jesster

Post by Jesster » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Auspa returns a spiritless handshake with Zyla. "I see. Well, whichever form these tests take, I'd like to complete them soon. It would be preferable if Arca's understanding of them was the case. Knowing what to prepare for would save us both time and trouble. If we've all finished our greetings, maybe we could get to that point."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:30 am

Waz'aru, standing off to the side picking at the last of the plaster that somehow refused to full come out of the hair on his tail, notices Auspa's reactions to those around her. Forgive me for saying so, but you seem to be in a bit of a rush. Impatience is not the way of the Jedi.

Jesster

Post by Jesster » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:13 pm

Auspa sighs and rolls her head to the side to glance toward Waz'aru. "It is not impatience that drives me, but efficiency. If we are to be part of the Jedi Order, I'd like to be orderly. Or we could stay here and continue debating what the right thing to do is. That is not my preference though. So tell me; are we willing to work together?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:08 pm

"Greetings padawan Auspa Deo. I am Trixie Ulan'jani. Master Curvian will be directing us." she says as she gives nod in Curvian's direction.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Surprised by Varc's words, ST-3R analyzes its behavioral protocol programming. "Auspa is not a delegate... Nor did any of the other padawans curtsy.. The horny brownish-red Devaronian considers me rude?" it internally processes. Contemplating the situation as conversation continues, ST-3R slightly shrugs, and randomly curtseys during introductions. Turning towards Curvian, "Master?" it questions, seeking the next objective.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:13 am

Curvian finishes talking with the shuttle pilot.

She heads back to the Padawans. As she does, the pilot heads into the shuttle, and leaves.

"We are to rendezvous with a shuttle on Ossus. You all will take that shuttle to the outerrim colony on the planet Galidraan. The Republic military will meet you near Galidraan, and provide you with the resources to finish approaching it. Several recent, but expected, Solar mass coronal ejections and Supernovae in the region have altered and damaged the short range hyperlanes nearest the planet. The planet itself is experiencing a strange epidemic that doctors are unable to pinpoint, and it is causing friction between the ReSithed and non-ReSithed colonists. The ReSithed are experiencing the issue at much higher rates than the others. All the Republic knows, so far, is that the ailment places victims into a deep sleep, although no infection vectors have been pinpointed and much of the microbial life on the planet is still uncatalogued."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:58 am

Waz'aru considers what is said for a moment. "Having just awoken from a deep sleep myself," he says with a smile and a wink at Arca, "What are the chances of ourselves succumbing to the same thing? And also will you be joining us at a later time?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:52 am

"It is unknown what the actual chances of infection are, since the vector is unknown. I have some other work to attend, but I will be joining you once that is complete. Until then ST-3R will be my eyes and ears in keeping track of your actions."

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:40 am

Promptly, the metallic droid steps forward as its visor flashes a bright glowing red. "I will be my pleasure" it shares, with the rest of the padawans. Afterwards, ST-3R begins any necessary arrangements to prepare for departure.

Jesster

Post by Jesster » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:11 am

Auspa bows her head a bit as Curvian returns and presents their task. She seems pleased at the idea of a test with actual risks and benefits in the grand scheme of things. "Of course master Curvian. Is there anyone we should collaborate with on Galidraan outside of the Republic military?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:59 am

"I have not been to Galidraan in my travels, though I would guess that talking to the colonists would be a major part of your work there."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:30 am

”Master? Do we have access to any information that we can review during our journey? Planetary conditions, day night cycles, as well as current findings on the contagion. Of course it will most likely be limited, but any information is better than none.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:55 pm

"I will be asking Elder Habat to carry us to Ossus, so you will have access to whatever knowledge the general Holonet and the Ithorian diaspora possess on the planet."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:40 am

"Any other questions?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:28 pm

"Are any of these ReSithed political exiles or criminals? Is this some kind of penal colony?"

"What has been tried already? Are we the first ones there?"

"Are they (the citizens) expecting us or are we going in anonymously?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:20 pm

Curvian informs you that she doesn't know for sure, as it's been over 700 years since the colony was founded. It's one of the many relocation centers where the Republic mass exported Sith during the Great Hyperspace War's aftermath. She also lets you know that, as of when the mission was assigned, the doctors on Galidraan had tried all the basic medications they were equipped with. The planet asked for Republic, and Jedi, aid, Curvian adds.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:27 pm

Arca speculates, "Since conventional treatments have all failed, and the Sith are more susceptible than the rest of the planet's population, there is a high probability that we will be facing a midichlorian-focused disease. It would also explain why they have not identified the vector, since non-Jedi would likely lack the knowledge and tools to follow that path of investigation."

Return to “The Story”