Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

Post by Doctor Who » Tue May 05, 2020 7:18 pm

The holocron guardian gestures at the holocron itself.

"I can't exactly move myself, now can I? If you all pass out, and I have no way of knowing how far along you all are potentially with the sleeping contagion, I just know what I've overheard, I'd be stuck her for potentially a long time. I can't exactly bestow my knowledge upon those worthy enough to hear it if I am stuck here."
Spoiler:
If you wish, you can roll a Discipline check against what the Holocron says, difficult of hard.

No one else is over here with you, so just Arca for that.
While Arca is working on drawing some blood from Lyriss, Carran (the Cathar soldier) comes sprinting in.

He takes a moment to survey everything, and he seems a bit confused. Out of breath, he says, "We got back in touch with the ship, they apprehended that shuttle pilot acting a bit weird, and one of those orb things emerged from him. We were able to explain to them that continuous energy fields could hurt and destroy them. The captain managed to finish it off with some of the stun batons on the ship. Luckily that orbital bombardment had only just started"

He leans over and pants, clearly winded.

The strange Jedi goes silent for a moment, then shrugs. "You clearly don't understand what is going on here. I'm done speaking, you'll find out soon enough."
Spoiler:
You all are still a little bit behind Carran's entry, timewise, so he hasn't arrived at this point
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue May 05, 2020 7:57 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:18 pm
The holocron guardian gestures at the holocron itself.

"I can't exactly move myself, now can I? If you all pass out, and I have no way of knowing how far along you all are potentially with the sleeping contagion, I just know what I've overheard, I'd be stuck her for potentially a long time. I can't exactly bestow my knowledge upon those worthy enough to hear it if I am stuck here."
"This 'knowledge' that you deem so important that only the 'worthy' should hear it, am I correct in assuming that 'worthy' individuals would be those who are willing to embrace the Dark side of the Force? Or do you possess other, useful, knowledge for someone who will not follow the path of corruption?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu May 07, 2020 10:44 pm

Varc just sighs at the fallen Jedi’s words and walks towards the ship to investigate its contents.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri May 08, 2020 12:03 am

Trixie will maintain a disciplined stance to ensure the strange jedi does not try anything. She agrees with Varc's intent to investigate the ships....both ships.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri May 08, 2020 3:05 am

While Trixie and Waz are watching the strange Jedi, Varc heads into the shuttle.

It's cramped, clearly meant to carry stuff rather than people. The back cargo portion is taken up by a row of seats on the left and a floor to ceiling and front to back cabinet on the right. The lighting is dim, and Varc doesn't see a way to brighten it up much. At the front end of the chamber, there is a closed door that presumably leads into the cockpit.

One of the seats on the left appears to be some kind of medical contraption, with built-in restraints for arms, legs, and a neck, along with various medical vials with tubes that could be attached to whoever is in the chair.
Spoiler:
Does Varc wanna poke around in the back/in the cabinets, or move to the front?

If you stay in the back, give me an average perception roll.

If you look in the cabinets, they're locked, so some kind of skullduggery or computers check against a hard difficulty
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri May 08, 2020 8:31 am

Varc stands motionless in the back of the shuttle. Something about this places gives him the chills.
Spoiler:
Varc; Perception :
0 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImage
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri May 08, 2020 1:33 pm

Varc doesn't find much in the back, although he does notice that the keypad on the cabinet lock has certain buttons more clearly worn away than others.
Spoiler:
You can have a boost on your check to open the cabinet, if you try to do that

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat May 09, 2020 1:08 am

Turning to the locked cabinet Varc attempts to get it open.
Spoiler:
Varc; Skulduggery :
2 Failures, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Failing to do so he punches the cabinet out of frustration.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat May 09, 2020 7:30 pm

Varc spends several minutes but can seem to figure out how to open the lock.

A sudden explosion causes them all to turn, and the hangar door is blasted open by a Republic shuttlecraft.

It enters the hangar and lands.

Several soldiers jump out, training their weapons on the Jedis' captive.

Orcam steps out, giving a wave to you all.

"I need ta talk to you all together, where's Arca and Zyla?

"Dark and Light side are just names for the totality of the Force. I was built to give knowledge to those who would be able to pursue it." the holocron says. "I am Sorzus Synn, and I exist to teach alchemy to those most worthy of carrying out alchemy"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 09, 2020 10:24 pm

"They're in the room, I think. We only just stopped this ship from taking off."

"You can take THIS one. He was intent on taking revenge upon the Sith by causing a contagion among them. Exacting a personal revenge on the behalf of those centuries gone by."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri May 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Thanks to Lyriss's blood, Arca is able to actually isolate the sleeping contagion and see how to neutralize it.

The 10 doses are enough to inoculate the rest of the padawans and have some left over for study.

Orcam has the men grab the strange Jedi and slap him in energy cuffs.

He quickly gathers the rest of you and shows you a holorecording. "This just got beamed ta all Republic forces in this part of the Outer Rim."

The brown-haired individual that you all saw back on the Ithorian herdship appears. "Greetings to the Republic. I am former Jedi Knight Sete Penre. As you will no doubt be aware, several explosions have crippled Jedi Academies and readouts across the Republic. This is a Jedi matter, do not concern yourself with this, or face the consequences."

He pauses, then continues with a bit of a cold, hard edge to his voice.

"That being said, those in the Republic who wish to aid us will be rewarded profusely. Help us eradicate the last of the Sith remnant and we will give you the power to pacify all the evil, corrupt forces that plague the Republic. The Hutts, the Lorrell Raiders, the various criminal scum that plague you all. Join us, and we will give you the power the save the galaxy."

The transmission cuts off.

You all cannot see Orcam's face under the helmet, but his voice sounds incredibly concerned. "We received a brief report from Ossus, something exploded inside the Academy and released some kind of bioweapon. The entire academy fell unconscious, along with a large chunk of the surrounding area. The Republic biohazard protocols have already been initiated, sealing off Ossus from any travel at least for the next few weeks."

Return to “The Story”