Arc I - Trade Summit on Ruusan

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Arc I - Trade Summit on Ruusan

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:12 am

Arca comes up to stand one step behind and one to the side of Curvian. He extends his senses towards her and all too easily skims along the thoughts uppermost in the mind of the Jedi Master he finds to be frustratingly, annoyingly uninformative.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:22 am

Trixie and Arca both notice some kind of misty green essence floating around Grandmother's head, although it is faint and nearly impossible to notice.

Arca also notices a similar thing around Waz'aru's head.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:45 am

Curvian's thoughts are frantic, yet composed.

"Hopefully they will notice the problem and this situation can be ended quickly."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Waz'aru notices the green tint to his vision, something was wrong with what he was seeing before him. Closing his eyes he stretched out to the Force. His Master called it seeing without seeing. It was an ability most Jedi ignored, because they didn't think being able to see long distances or microscopic details like the Verpine was something they needed to be worried about. But there was a much more practical use to it. One could see past the illusions thrown up by other Force users or technological means, which was what he was trying to do now.
He felt the Force flow into him, Light and Dark, he grabbed on to the Light and looked at the scene before him through the eyes of the Force.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:05 pm

The scene does not look different, there appear to be no illusions.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:07 pm

ST-3R begins to move into a defensive position, drawing its staff while circularly positioning itself to flank the sides. The droid was prepared to intercept any attacks against Master Curvian.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:18 pm

ST-3R sees the greenish mist around Grandmother Ryn.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:49 pm

Trixie Ulan'jani notices the the green mist (aura) around Grandmother Ryn's head.

That must be what Curvian sees!!!! she thinks to herself!

She casts a quick glance around and sees some others looking bewildered. Not sure if they see what she sees or whether that are reacting to the Master's sudden actions, she prepares to act!

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 am

Arca informs Trixie, first pointing where Curvian is and then at Waz'aru, "Both the Ryn and our companion are affected."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:04 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 am
Arca informs Trixie, first pointing where Curvian is and then at Waz'aru, "Both the Ryn and our companion are affected."
"Affected???"
says the puzzled Twi'lek.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:52 am

Noticing the green mist around Grandmother for the first time as Arca point it out to Trixie, the situation dawns on Waz'aru. "Sith Spawn," he curses loudly, as he places his hands on to of his head. "Arca do you have any sedatives in your med-pac? Grandmother please do as Master Curvian says, and Varc cand you remove and take my Lightsaber for me?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:04 am

Varc had a surprised look on his face from the sudden realization of what was happening. ”Yes, I’ll take it.” Varc readies his own training saber before attempting retrieving Waz’aru’s saber.
Last edited by kanila on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:38 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:52 am
"Arca do you have any sedatives in your med-pac? Grandmother please do as Master Curvian says, and Varc can you remove and take my lightsaber for me?"
Arca nods in the affirmative.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:55 am

Zyla, hearing what Arca says, leaps toward Grandmother, getting between her and Waz'aru, lightsaber in hand.

The green mist around Grandmother coalesces into something resembling a larger-than-life man, although it is simply in green, with no colors.

The man gestures, and Grandmother copies his movements. He points at Curvian, and begins to laugh.

"So, my old Master, I see you have some new apprentices. A shame they won't last long."

One of the lightsabers from Curvian's belt, one of the two that you all noticed were secured and not in an accessible place, leaps into Grandmother's hand and ignites. It is a blue blade.
Off Topic
Discipline check from Waz'aru, same as last time.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:22 am

Arca quickly extracts a powerful sedative from one of the ready-access pouches on the outside of his medical kit and deftly jams it into the neck of Waz'aru, injecting a hefty dose -- sufficient to drop someone twice his mass -- into the Padawan.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:17 am

Oh, my! thinks Trixie. MUST PROTECT!!!
Spoiler:
Maneuver: Draw Lightsaber
Incidental: ignite (+1 Melee Defense)
Action: Activate Force Power: Suppress

Trixie; TotOR; Force Power Check: Suppress:
, 2 Light Side

I am not a veteran Force Power user, here, so let me spell this out and you can tell me if I have it right.

- Using Suppress: Upgrades in Strength, Duration, and Control.
- Spend TWO LS Pips to "add (2) automatic Failures to Force power checks made against him or any ally within short range until the end of his next turn."
- Commit One Die to sustain this power.
- Commit One Die under Control to defend if I am targeted by a FP.

***Edited per input from GM***

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:17 am

Trixie's focus causes the mist to shimmer slightly, diminishing in a weak, but noticeable way.

Curvian, holding her blade out, trembles.

"Let her go, Sete, what are you doing here? Where have you been?"

As she speaks, the padawans can feel the Force shifting around them, and both Grandmother's expression and the ghostly image's expression turn to slight confusion, and they seem to look at and past Zyla at the same time, as if they can't see her.
Spoiler:
Curvian; TotOR; Force Roll:
, 4 Light Side , 2 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImage

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:03 am

Picking up on the misty green male figure's intentions and Master Curvian's words, ST-3R immediately begins a standard security procedure with the intention of apprehending the Grandmother. Focusing its sensor's on the target, the droid rapidly approaches the blindside of the elderly Ryn. Grabbing each of her hands behind the back of the Ryn's upper posterior, ST-3R swiftly cuffs the green glowing Grandmother with durasteel binders. "You are under arrest for further questioning. Please don't resist" the droid informs, detaining Grandmother Sete.

Spoiler:
1 Maneuver to Engaged, 1 Maneuver for Intense Focus (-2 Strain), and Brawn VS Brawn Adversary 3 Action.
ST-3R; TotOR; Brawn VS Brawn:
3 Successes, 3 Threats
ImageImageImageImageImage
Flips a DP for Binder and takes a strain from threat for a total of -3 strain this round.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:20 pm

Varc takes a Defensive Stance
Spoiler:
adds a Image to all combat checks this turn but gives +1 melee defense
next to Master Curvian. He wasn’t sure what was going on but it didn’t seem good.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Zyla focuses, and attempts to slash the lightsaber into nonfunctionality, without harming Grandmother.
However, despite being pinned down, Grandmother and whatever force is animating her are able to feel the incoming attack, shifting so Zyla is forced to pull up so as not to injure her.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Spoiler:
Sete; TotOR; UNLEASH!:
2 Successes, 2 Threats, 1 Triumph, , 3 Dark Side
-2 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spending 2dsps to deal 3 damage, and then 1 to deal 3 more.

A total of 4 damage after soak.

In a normal scenario, I would have added a black die thanks to being grappled, but since Grandmother is not the one doing the piloting, the grapple isn't actually affecting Sete.
The suppression that Trixie is putting onto Sete's Force powers dampens him, but his greater power allows him to push through, sending a blast of energy from Grandmother's empty, bound hand into Curvian. She gasps in pain.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Arca dials up the dosage on his medijector to a point sufficient to drop a Hutt, steps over to the Sith-possessed Ryn, and slams the device against her neck, delivering a flood of synthetic neuroparalytic instantly into her bloodstream.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:42 pm

Grandmother collapses, and the mist around her vanishes.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:44 pm

Zyla reaches down to grab the lightsaber from her hand, and looks it over.

Then, as if struck by the strangeness of what just happens, she looks at Curvian, the collapsed Waz'aru, and injector holding Arca, and asks in an incredulous voice, ""What the heck just happened?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 am

Arca replies nonchalantly, "Sith alchemy had tainted what they ate which resulted in mental possession, based on what I have observed. The correct question now is: where is the Sith that was in control?"

Return to “The Story”