Arc I - Trade Summit on Ruusan

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc I - Trade Summit on Ruusan

Post by kanila » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Varc sighed with relief when the aggression reduced from almost boiling over to a simmer. ”Perhaps now would be a good time to sample some of the local delicacies. We can begin with the kanak cat that was hunted down earlier.” Varc nodded to the Ithorian servers to bring out food that was not contaminated. ”Or if it would be preferable maybe some light conversation before we get down to business? We have been busy with training prior to this assignment, does anyone know the most recent news in the racing world. I have not been able to keep up with it as of late.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:01 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:59 am
Trixie's assurances placate the agitated Tarn, although her insistence on the Jedi investigating while he does nothing clearly ruffles his feathers. For now his behavior changes to a slow simmer, though, rather than the rolling boil it had been. Merlaux stands alert, but not as agitated as before, and the Nikto are holding their weapons less tight.

Tarn takes a deep breath. "What can we do to help? This deal is important to all of us here, and I would like to see it carried through." Yorrel and Tarbal nod in agreement, while Wanna just looks longingly at the not-yet-cut-or-served roasted kanak cat sitting in front of him.
"Stand at-ease." replies the Twi'lek, shooting a glance towards NIkto and Merlaux. "By all means, continue the negotiation and see it through to the end. It is apparent that whoever is behind this wants this deal halted. By continuing, you will help bring the assailant out in the open as he or she grows more frustrated. We can stay nearby, to be sure." She says this motioning towards Wanna and the kanak cat on the table, not all too comfortable with the devouring of such an animal.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:20 am

Despite letting Arca swing at him, the man responds with a parry, shifting Arca's blade enough that the damage is lessened.

[Parry 4, so 6 less damage]

Curvian sighs and lowers her blade.

"He's here to help."

"Thank you, Master, I knew you'd see it my way. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Gil Enlil, I am one of Master Curvian's former apprentices, although I see she hasn't talked about me."

He lowers his blade, but does keep his guard up against Arca.

Tarn looks over at the other diplomats, then back to the Jedi, then to the Hutts. He shakes his head, and nods to Lyra, who pulls out papers. Wanna nods to his B432 unit, and talking starts.
Off Topic
Leadership roll was solid enough that you all will manage to keep things on track.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:11 pm

In midst of confiscating the blade, the security droid pauses to look at Master Curvian after the pair spoke. It seems the circuits of ST-3R were clearly perplex by her words since only moments ago battle occurred. "Is Curvian under some kind of alchemy or Sith influence which affects her reasoning? Or does Curvian's teaching methods simply have all of her former students desiring to visit & attack her?" the droid quickly processes. Unsure of how to proceed, the blade of ST-3R's staff remains ignited and scrutinizing the situation. Seeking clarity, "How so, Master?" it questions, in belief the padawans already secured the threat.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Arca comments dryly, "Do you always greet your former master with a clash of weapons?" He pointedly does not lower his own weapon, being unsure if Curvian is free from coercion.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 am

"I like you," Gil says to Arca. "To answer your question, no, this wasn't something I made a habit of before, but it seems Master Curvian has already encountered Sete and assumed I was working with him."

"It's fine, ST-3R, if he was here to cause problems there are dozens of other, faster ways he could have done so." She keeps her icy glare on Gil, though.

"I found out what my former friend was doing and rushed here to help stop it. Please tell me the exposure to his biological weapon was limited?"
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:01 am

Arca pointedly looks at Gil, scanning the former apprentice's surface thoughts to try to ascertain if he is being truthful regarding his claim as to why he is here.
Spoiler:
Arca Gavalun; Tales of the Old Republic; Force power check:
, 2 Light Side , 1 Dark Side

ImageImage

Used only the LS pips.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:55 pm

ST-3R internally processes, "I find that answer vague and unconvincing" to Curvian's response. Clearly, she had evaded the question and Gil did not seem to be revealing any further information either. Unsure of the next course of action, the droid continues processing "I find her methods remain most irregular" on standby.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:14 am

Arca detects thoughts of impatience and a desire to find anyone that has been exposed to Sete's attack.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:40 pm

"We think just two people were exposed," Zyla replies.

"Despite Master Curvian's words, I still don't trust you. But if you have a way to help, we can at least try it."

Curvian, wordlessly, heads towards the turbolift to move towards the food preparation area.

Zyla falls behind Curvian and Gil a bit, to be able to stand next to Arca.

She whispers to him, "If he makes a move to attack anyone, we need to take him out quickly. Do you have more of that sedative?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:31 am

Arca whispers back, restraining himself from displaying the irritation that he feels at what he considers to be an insulting question, "Of course."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:46 pm

In the food preparation room, Grandmother and Waz'aru are still unconscious on the floor.

Setting his weapon down, and showing that he doesn't have any other weapons on his person, Gil walks towards them and kneels down. He places his hands above their foreheads, closes his eyes, and concentrates. Blue sparks crackle around his hands. though not into the two Ryn, and some strange, green liquid drips from their closed eyes. It crackles and burns on contact with the energy around his hands, sizzling into tiny wisps of smoke.

""They should be fine now."

He stands up.

"Now, if you'll excuse me master, I have better things to do than cavort with slavers and criminal scum like the Hutts."

He moves to pick up his sword.

Curvian doesn't say anything, but Arca, ST-3R, and Zyla can tell there is some kind of emotional conflict going on behind her eyes.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Arca scans the surface thoughts of Curvian, to try to glean some clue into the conflict that she is suffering, and then scans Gil to see what his intentions for the immediate future are.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:04 pm

Walking back into the food prep area, ST-3R shakes its head in disapproval, "So much for the holding cells and competency" it dryly states towards the Ithorians, after noticing the two Ryn on the ground. As Gil crackles the blue sparks pulling out the strange green liquid, the droid began to wonder why didn't Curvian just do that? "Is Gil stronger in the Force?" it processes. Asking Gil, "Can you explain what you just performed?" it questions.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Arca senses that Curvian is confused, mistrustful but at the same time trusting. Gil appears to simply want to leave, the distaste for the Hutts and distaste for crime, slavery, etc. are all loudly playing on his surface thoughts. Above all its a churning maelstrom of distaste.

"A variant of the healing techniques taught by the Jedi. Sete and I had left the order 20 years ago, before completing knighthood trials. We wandered for a while, picking up new understandings, until we parted ways over 10 years ago. I saw his face on a holofeed, and thought something was up when I saw he had bought a biotech firm. Gave him a call, he told me what he was doing, and I knew I had to stop it. I don't think he wanted to kill anyone, just cause trouble. The Jedi Order is already looking in to it. Which reminds me, Master, they're sending another Padawan to be under your tutelage. Something about a group of pirates in the Hapes Cluster causing trouble that requires Jedi."

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:01 am

Arca, finally, shuts off his blade and clips it back on to his belt. He nods at Gil, and says to him (and to Curvian, should she desire/need it as well), "Allow me to tend to your wound?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Gil shakes his head.

His right hand crackles with some blue sparks again, and little rivulets of the energy jump from his hand to the wound, closing it up and leaving a scar.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:49 pm

Arca mutters soto voce, "I wouldn't have left a scar; crude application of the Force."

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:16 am

Surprised by Gil's statement, the droid ponders how he's so aware of the Jedi Order's actions or reactions. "Is there a security leak?!" ST-3R wonders. Turning towards Curvian once more for clarification, the security droid's programming sends off multiple internal alerts clearly unsure of how to proceed.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:03 am

"Thank you for informing me, Gil.""

She heads over to Waz'aru and Grandmother, and then turns back to look at Arca.

"How much longer do you estimate they will be unconscious?"

Gil continues to head out, but Zyla keeps an eye on him as he leaves.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:14 am

Arca replies, "Hours. Or until I administer a counter-agent." He follows the Jedi master, curious to see what she does next.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:13 am

"Please administer it, Arca, I want to know what the older Ryn experienced while under the effects of whatever that was."

Zyla walks over to join Arca, Curvian, and ST-3R once Gil has left the vicinity. "Should I let the others know?"

"It will probably be a good idea to do so, but make sure it doesn't interrupt whatever they're doing. Hopefully they're dealing with the delegates and keeping that situation calm."

Zyla nods, and takes off toward the conference area.

She arrives during what sounds like tense conversation, and sees Trixie and Varc guiding the talks. She heads in, and quietly lets Varc and Trixie know what she knows. "Do you want to inform the delegates yet," she whispers, "or wait until they've finished their discussions?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:19 am

Arca injects Waz'aru with a counter agent to the sedative, and then does likewise for the elderly Ryn. Each should awaken within well under a minute of being treated.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:47 am

Barc shakes his head ‘no’. He replied in a hushed tone. ”We don’t need to slow what little momentum they have. Plus if we inform them it’s a rogue Padawan it may cause more issues as the finger will turn on us.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:11 am

Waz'aru and Grandmother come to and awaken. Their hands and tail are still covered in the plasto-casts, needing a solvent to remove.

Return to “The Story”