Arc I - Trade Summit on Ruusan

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc I - Trade Summit on Ruusan

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:29 am

Thanks to sudden inspiration from Waz'aru's interest in the Sith, and Arca's near encyclopedic memory of Sith lore, the group go back to check over the unknown and known microbes for anything.

With Waz'aru and Arca's hunches, they notice that the protein structures of some of the unknown microbes have patterns that would be unnoticeable without a knowledge of the Sith language. It doesn't appear to be speech of any kind, but it is a series of repeated symbols.

By this point it's nearing dinner time.
Off Topic
@DeepSpacer don't forget you're up back a little ways up the page, unless you want me to lead the conversation a little more?

I say this because there's time to fill before that group catches up time wise to the research group.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:39 am

Varc just shook his head at what they just discovered. "This doesn't bode well. I don't fully understand what we have discovered here. Perhaps one of you with a better grasp on the situation should explain the results of the search to Master Curvian."
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:58 am

"Senator Tarn, we were to see if you had any questions before negotiations, or anything you would like to look into before dinner and negotiations begin."

"Well, glad you're coming to ask. What precautions have you taken so far in inspecting the area? I understand some kind of wild cat animal was let loose in the area, is there a chance any will be loosed in this craft during the negotiations? Are the non-Ithorians and non-Hutts vetted?"
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:09 pm

"If I may..." intercedes Trixie. "Trixie Ulan'Jani at your service. The cats were a controlled "hunt", if you will, done for the Hutts to placate them for the negotiations. All non-Hutts and non-Ithorians have been vetted, Senator Tarn. Some of them multiple times, to be sure."

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Standing behind Trixie, ST-3R nods creating with its arms physically an animated 'air' rifle taking a recoil shot to confirm the threat was controlled . Afterwards, the droid realized Senator Tarn was sitting on more reliable intel than the Jedi previously held arriving. "Is there anything else before negotiations you would have us look into, in the name of our Republic, Senator?" ST-3R promptly asks.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:22 am

He leans back in his chair.

"Good, glad you Jedi managed to get something done before we arrived. Much as I want you to go snooping around, you're here to monitor this conference, and I don't want to jeopardize that. This deal is the first in a long while between the Hutts and the Republic, and could hopefully give the Republic leverage to minimize Hutt crime cartel actions in Republic space."

He pauses here, and there is a gleam in his eye.

"That being said, watch Yorrel. Cheated me out of a new yacht on Corulag some years back, he is a shrewd but silent operator. What are your impressions of them?"

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:40 am

"How unconscionable indeed. Security has no problem becoming attentively more alert. Our conference specific impressions still undergo continuous scrutiny. We hope his straightforward business attitude will be amicable during summit talks" ST-3R states.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:19 am

"My impressions of them? Senator, it seems the Hutts are very casual and at-ease about their presence here. Perhaps their long lifespan has granted them such calm composure. But it seems as if these negotiations do not worry them. Not nearly as much as they worry the Republic." explains Trixie.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:37 am

"Hmmm, interesting. Wonder if they managed to bribe some aids before hand... I'll look into it. Thank you for your time, Jedi. I have matters to attend to before dinner, and I'm sure you all have things to do."

There is a bit of edge in his voice as he says that last phrase, and the way he says it it is very clear he is done speaking.
Off Topic
Trixie, you can roll a charm check to get off on a better foot with him.
As you all leave, Zyla speaks up. "That's a good point, Trixie, it is strange how at ease the Hutts seem, they sent an incredibly casual envoy to meet us, and to clearly set a tone. The Republic did the opposite. Could this be a tactic to set the Republic on edge and hopefully cause them stress to keep the negotiations in the Hutts favor? I'm not really practiced in diplomacy yet."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:47 pm

"Yes, Senator. We will be at your service if you need us."
Spoiler:
Base, without GM assigned difficulty.

Trixie; TotOR; Charm:
2 Successes, 4 Advantages
ImageImageImageImage

Doctor Who wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:37 am
As you all leave, Zyla speaks up. "That's a good point, Trixie, it is strange how at ease the Hutts seem, they sent an incredibly casual envoy to meet us, and to clearly set a tone. The Republic did the opposite. Could this be a tactic to set the Republic on edge and hopefully cause them stress to keep the negotiations in the Hutts favor? I'm not really practiced in diplomacy yet."
After they leave...
"I doubt that Zyla. I suspect, for whatever reason, that this is not an important deal of much consequence for the Hutts. I believe that you are sensing the tension among the Republic representatives that THEY have the most to lose here."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:11 pm

"You're probably right, I've never been good at understanding people on any kind of complicated level."

Curvian listens as Trixie and Zyla discuss their ideas.

"Both may in fact be true, or neither. While the others are looking into their security concerns, why don't the two of you work on observing the delegates and listening to what the force has to say. ST-3R will accompany you."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Trixie meanders around the area, listening in on conversations, observing the crowd.

This is all so new to me...she thinks. Use the Force....FEEL the crowd.....there must be something to this I am just not getting....
Spoiler:
Trixie; TotOR; Perception Roll:
1 Failure, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:13 am

Meanwhile, ST-3R remains by Master Curvian's side alertly scanning the room for anything which could be labeled 'suspicious'. As Curvian mingled, the tall metallic droid attempted to covertly perform a general nonevasive room sweep by observing all the attendees.
Spoiler:

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:01 pm

Over the next few hours, Trixie, Zyla, and ST-3R seek to gain insight on the delegates, but they are unable to discern anything they had not already learned. The hustle and bustle of so many different minds and so many Force resistant minds seems to inhibit Zyla and Trixie's endeavors, while ST-3R's unfamiliarity of non-Jedi leaves him lacking some insight.

It is around this time, as the dinner meeting is being set up, that the other group of padawans returns to find Curvian and tell her what they learned...

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:18 am

Waz'aru walks in with Arca and Varc, but hangs a step back when they get to Master Curvian. The others had a much better grasp of these genetic and molecular compounds they had been speaking about. All he knew was there were Sith involved some how, but he wasn't about to voice that to Curvian. He might have to buckle down and start studying some of this other science stuff, maybe Arca could help him.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:15 am

Once he was sure that Master Curvian and the other Padawan were alone he spoke up. ”Master Curvian we have discovered some troubling information in our most recent scans. We believe it may point to the Sith. If you would please review this information to either confirm or deny our findings.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:10 pm

She glances through the information on the Sith name and origin, but clearly is shocked when looking into the information on the food.

"We need to stop the dinner now!"

She rushes towards the preparation area, clearly using some kind of Force speed to move as quickly as possible.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Waz'aru isn't sure about what happened, as he watched Master Curvian glance at the information. He'd had reservations about her behavior since they had met, but this seems to have spurred her into action, maybe he'd been wrong this entire time. He'd learned from his own Master previously that most Jedi thought the Sith a thing of the past and non-existent now.
He quickly followed in her wake, hoping to be of use.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:23 pm

Trixie nervously follows the master out.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:02 am

The large chrome droid strives to maintain pace with Master Curvian making haste. Whatever new findings the padawan's research states, seem to warrant alarm concerning the summit's dinner.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:09 am

Was it as bad as he feared? Varc quickly followed after Master Curvian. Certainly this would put a damper on the negotiations, but it had to be done to protect the safety of all those involved.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:18 am

Arca quickly trails the Master and his companions, keeping alert to his surroundings and potential sources of danger.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:37 am

As you all are running, Waz'aru feels a strange throbbing at the base of his head, but shakes it off. Curvian is quickly out of sight.

You all arrive after her in the preparation area. Grandmother Ryn and several Ithorians are working on preparing food.

Curvian has her yellow lightsaber ignited and pointed in the direction of Grandmother.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:05 am

Waz'aru stops cold, unbelieving of the scene before him. "Master! he shouts. "Why are you pointing your saber at Grandmother Ryn?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:10 am

Varc is confused by the events that are happening and hesitates to draw his training saber. Could the little old Ryn have something to do with this?

Return to “The Story”