Arc V - Widening Gyre

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
crazybirdman
Flyboy

Re: Arc V - Widening Gyre

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:40 pm

Zyla looks around and says; "Look like we have free run of the place. To the elevator then?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:43 pm

As Zyla walks toward the elevator, she notices that the security cameras appear to be off. Arca seems to have accidentally shut that down as well in his efforts to gain entry.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:26 pm

Stepping into the elevator, the group sees there are 4 floors.

"Entry"

"Offices"

"Work Floor"

"Production"
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:09 am

Zyla, still thinking like a fighter says;Ok, so we clear the floors one at a time, until we find what were looking for?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:02 pm

"Sounds good!" Trixie replies.

{{So, we are @Entry, so go up to Offices?}}

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:03 pm

oh, yeah, for some reason I had it in my head that this elevator goes down. Like this facility was underground.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:14 am

Sorry, been distracted the past two weeks...

I tripped late Sunday night of Apr. 2 and fractured my right knee (in 2 places), as well as fractured my left wrist and sprained the hell out of that elbow. Oh, and came very close to breaking my nose when I face-planted into the concrete. Spent 6 hours in the early morning of Apr. 3 at the nearest ER getting all sorts of x-rays and CAT scans after the paramedics dropped me off there.

The ER doc prescribed 3 days worth of opioid-based pills. Alas, my VA doc followed that up with plain ol' ibuprofen (800mg pills, which is max prescription strength and equal to 4 OTC pills) and they simply do not get the job done. So I'm in constant pain, and I can't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time, leaving me tired all of the time and unable to properly focus.

Things could have been much worse. I could have broken a hip, snapped a bone in two, or cracked my skull. Any of which I shudder to think about. So that's the silver lining I guess, along with being retired (thus being out of commission doesn't affect my paltry Social Security income).

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:07 pm

oh man, that stinks. Get better man. Let us know if we can send you some chicken soup or something :)

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:41 pm

You all head down to the office.

The elevator comes to a stop quite quickly, it feels like the offices were probably only a story or so underneath the entrance.

The door swishes open and you're greeted with four long darkened hallways, going outwards from the elevator as if to avoid something directly ahead of you. Given what you all learned, the hallways presumably travel around the edges of the facility itself.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue May 30, 2023 3:38 pm

"No one home? Check for signs of activity on the computers. Maybe they left. Maybe they knew we were coming? Could they have been warned ahead of time?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:01 pm

Arca locates an accessible computer just around down the leftmost hallway. Aided by the group's trusty astromech, he slices into the system to try to find signs of activity within the complex. He thinks to himself that it's disturbing how quiet it is here. Something feels off.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:28 pm

Arca determines that there are a number of life forms, no specifics in the system, in the central bay of the facility, working with a spacecraft stored there.

Additionally, Arca notes that most of the facility has been shut down since before BioCorp moved in and there are quite a few messages relating to lease payment requests that seem to have gone unread.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:35 pm

Popping back into the elevator, you head down to the work floor. The doors swish open, and in front of you is a large hangar with a small, sporty ship, clearly one once used by nobility or royalty somewhere in the galaxy. Now, though, it appears to have fallen into a bit of disrepair. Several individuals with lightsabers load in crates and folded up medical equipment into the ship.

Beside them a thin, emaciated woman you all recognize as Curvian lies strapped to a table with several nasty looking scars over her arms and torso.

the room is around 300 yards wide and around 5 times that long. Near the far end, away from you, there's a hangar exit.

Along the walls of the facility there are several elevators that appear to only go down, rather than up. Between the elevators are massive storage containers with doors, although a quick glance seems to show they're all empty. Near you, on your left, you all see a data console that is awake and has data scrolling across it.

Hanging from the ceiling are several large mechanical arms, likely for loading items into ships.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:54 am

Zyla has a glance around the room and notices that the loading arms above the ship could be used to grab the ship as they are turned on and operational.

Zyla and Trixie manage to jump backwards into the turbolift, staying out of sight.

Arca, however, is briefly caught of balance and makes some noise that alerts the four individuals next to Curvians body.

They turn and look right at Arca.

"What the hell," a tall human barks, "How'd you get in here?"

Another, a bulky Sullustan, calls out to his companions, "These are those Jedi we were warned about, the ones causing trouble on Galidraan!"

The final two, average looking Trandoshans, reach for their lightsabers.
 ! Message from: Doctor Who
You all can attempt to defuse the situation or fight, just lemme know. If you want to fight, we'll roll initiative. Otherwise, you can all take a single action before the NPCs try to initiate combat.
If Trixie or Zyla does not take an action here, they get a blue die to roll with their initiative.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:12 pm

Zyla rushes toward the Sullastan to attack "Jedi don't cause trouble, we end it."
Spoiler:
Zyla; Widening Gyre; Lightsaber attack:
2 Successes, 2 Advantages = 8 Damage, and I'll use the 2 advantage to activate a crit if that's ok

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
not sure if the Sullastan has Adversary-

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:40 pm

You swing the blade down, attempt to carve into the Sullastan's body. It's blade's glow shimmers slightly and you feel your muscles loosen for a split second, but you keep the blade going.
Spoiler:
Strangely you feel your ability to drive the blade home weaken, you still can roll the crit and describe it, but you do 2 less damage than you think you should, only dealing 6 damage.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:59 pm

Zyla's aim is true, but the blow doesn't strike as hard as she thought it would. 'Maybe this foe had some surprise in store for them?' she thought.

Spoiler:
Zyla; Widening Gyre; critical:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+0=38 don't have my book, but the internet says thats an increase to the difficulty of their next check

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:25 am

Arca attempts to lead the reptilians into position for an ambush by Trixie, as he seeks either cover or to use one of his Niman talents to defend himself from their inevitable attack on him.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:18 pm

Zyla's blow staggers the Sullustan briefly. It's seems to glow briefly, and Zyla gets an intense burst or Dark Side energy jolting through her body. These padawans, Zyla can now tell, have seemingly given themselves over the something that is bloating them with power. They seemingly do not care about defending themselves or dueling, relying on the Dark Side itself to protect them.
When these guys are crit you take 1 threat on your next check.

Also a reminder that Zyla took one strain from needing to move twice to get into range (she started at medium)

Moving forward, Arca is able to position himself to bait someone to step closer. His Niman form stance draws several derisive glances from the Trandoshans.

They both launch forward (2 movements each), and look focused on taking down someone they obviously perceive as weak.
Trixie gets a Boost to attack either or to affect them with a force power.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:24 pm

The first attacks, but Arca deftly parries the blow. Something about the attack seems to make bile rise in the back of Arca's throat, and he feels his skin positively crackling with an overabundance of the sort of predatory Force found in wells of Force power buried deep in wild areas of the galaxy.
make a me a Lore check for what might be happening, difficulty hard, but 1 boost from your time talking to the Holocron of Sorzus Synn

The second Transdoshan realizes Arca is not going to go down easily and lines up to hammer a blow home.
Spoiler:
He completely fails, easily getting swatted aside by Arca's mastery of lightsaber combat.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:53 am

Trixie moves to attack the nearest Trandoshan. She makes a broad stroke, which the Trandoshan dodges, and then follows with a spinning back kick to knock the lightsaber from his hand. This leaves the enemies surprised by her appearance from nowhere (passing boosts).
Spoiler:
+1 Boost for Suprise
+1 Boost for Aim
+2 strain for extra maneuver (move + aim)
+1 SB for defensive (assuming they have either that or armor)

Trixie Ulan'jani; TotOR; Lightsaber Strike:
1 Failure, 5 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

3Advs: disarm target
2 Advs: pass two boost dice to next to act

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:33 pm

The second Trandoshan, getting insult added to injury, fails to harm Arca and then has his blade deftly knocked from his hand. He angrily grunts at Trixie.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:36 pm

The human dashes into the shuttle and out of view.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:38 pm

Zyla narrows her eyes while looking at the (hopefully overconfident) confident Sullastan. She bears down with her lightsaber, but doesn't connect.
Spoiler:
Zyla; Widening Gyre; Lightsaber attack:
0 Success, 0 Advantage
-1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment (enemy crit)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
wow. wish she has more tricks up her sleeve, but oh well.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:13 am

The enemy manages to deflect the blade.

Return to “The Story”