Arc V - Widening Gyre

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Arc V - Widening Gyre

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:52 am

The group arrives at the vessel, flanked by Merlaux and Jarkyc. Their goal, Anaxes.

The inside of the vessel is military and spartan, outfitted with the bare minimum required by Republic Diplomatic Services. Merlaux offers them the usage of the vessel, as he mentioned, or offers them the chance to take whatever they want from the vessel to equip into the vessel they currently have access to.

Merlaux also offers to help buy any basic supplies they need.
Anything basic, or at least within reason, let Merlaux know and he can try to grab it for you
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc V - Widening Gyre

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:48 am

Arca manages to rig up the computer from the diplomatic shuttle, thanks to the help of their new Astromech, an older T1 with designator U7.

Zyla and Merlaux move over the food from the vessel, bolting a food storage unit to the inside of the wall. It takes a bit of time, but with Varc's help it goes quick.

Jarkyc arrives just as you're getting ready to take off. "I hahve been to Anaxes once behfore. Ah figure it is ahppropriate to continue helping you ahll."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:50 am

"That help is appreciated, Jarkyc. Surely you can see that what affects one system affects other systems as well. It is in everyone's best interest to help one another."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:38 pm

Arca inputs the coordinates for Anaxes, and the Astromech checks the coordinates as they utilize their new dual-navicomputer set up to plot the course. Within minutes, Arca has double checked and tripple checked a course that shaves nearly 40% of the standard travel time off of the mission, and provides them with several less used real-space emergence points that avoid the Hyperspace Beacons around Anaxes. Arca and T1-U7 are quite sure this will basically allow them to enter the system undecteded, giving them a brief window to assess the situation before any sensors pick them up.

Arca is quite confident that the travel time will take less than a day.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:10 pm

The vessel emerges from hyperspace in a blind spot of the Anaxes beacon array. Arca and Jarkyc glance at the computer and see they have around 5 minutes before system sensors and security will pick them up.

OOC: Assuming no one wants to input. However, you have had around a day to get your story straight if you all want to talk that out.

Anxes is an easy Knowledge Core Worlds check if you want to know more about it.

To summarize: you have shipments you are looking for. you know when they arrived, where they were coming from, and approximate sizes of the shipments. Jedi are currently persona non grata in the galaxy, although no one will necessarily hunt you down unless they're supporting Sete and his attempt to usurp the Jedi Order. You all think it likely some of Sete's supporters are on Anaxes, since the shipment was coming here.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:43 am

Having decided to head directly for the planet's capitol, Anaxes Citadel, Jarkyc nudges the ship forward slowly, taking an obvious approach to allay any suspicions port authorities might have when they suddenly pick up your transponder.

Your comm comes to life, and a garbled voice comms through, "Republic Military vessel, please state your purpose for this unannounced visit to Anaxes."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:27 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:43 am
Your comm comes to life, and a garbled voice comms through, "Republic Military vessel, please state your purpose for this unannounced visit to Anaxes."
"This is 'Fist Against Alsakan 12' requesting permission to land. We are on an urgent mission from the Republic to track down and eradicate the source of deadly bioweapons that are affecting planets as we speak. Our tracing of those weapons has lead us here. Over."

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:42 pm

Zyla nods approvingly

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:50 am

There are several moments of silence, although you all can hear some whispering start and realize they didn't close the link.

original speaker: "You think this is legitimate?"

"They're in a military vessel from a craft that was tasked with investigating a plague, highest authority from the Republic."

original speaker: "Ok, we'll tell them to come in so we can talk face to face."

You all hear some seat adjusting as the main speaker comes back on the link. "Uh, thanks, everything checks out Republic military vessel, please dock at hangar bay 7 just outside Anaxes Citadel, sending you the coordinates now. A team will meet you there." The link turns off.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:17 pm

Zyla first makes sure their comms are off before saying sarcastically; "Nothing like a warm welcome"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:20 am

Jarkyc flies the ship in, taking it a bit leisurely to land.

As he pulls into the hangar, you all can see out the viewport the massive Anaxes Citadel, nearly over 20,000 years old and still standing.

The ship finishes landing, and Jarkyc opens the hatchway. He checks the seals on his armor, and gestures that he will follow the rest of you out.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:34 pm

Zyla ask; "Do we take the direct approach, or are we exploring a bit first?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:09 pm

Arca responds, "We're expected, any delay in landing will make them nervous and put them further on their guard than they already are. We should behave 'nicely' to start with. We can always choose to become 'less nice' and more unpredictable as circumstances may warrant."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:54 pm

crazybirdman wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:34 pm
Zyla ask; "Do we take the direct approach, or are we exploring a bit first?"
"Direct may be best, Zyla. We wouldn't want to give them reason to mistrust us," replies Trixie.

She will give cordial greetings to whomever comes to meet them at the landing area.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:56 pm

You all step off the shuttle craft, and several Republic military guards stand to greet you.

A large, heavyset human woman steps forward, wearing Republic navy garb. "Alright, please inform us of the nature of this visit." She has a datapad out but she does not look all that interested in listening.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:34 am

Arca steps to the front of the group, connecting with the Force, and subtly does a handwave while saying:
"You should listen carefully and be open to what we have to say." He simultaneously focuses on her surface thoughts.

Spoiler:
(Influence + Sense w/control upgrade)
Arca Gavalun; Tales of the Old Republic; Force power check:
, 4 Light Side , 1 Dark Side

ImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:15 pm

"We are on an urgent mission from the Republic to track down and eradicate the source of deadly bioweapons that are affecting planets as we speak. Our tracing of those weapons has lead us here.

We require access to ship logs and assistance in locating that which we seek."

(4 LS pips and crazy successes should be plenty!!)
Spoiler:
Trixie Ulan'jani; TotOR; Charm check vs spaceport:
3 Successes, 3 Advantages, 4 Light Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:56 pm

The one-two punch of Arca into Trixie, both leaning into using the Force to reinforce their words, allows the conversation to move fast enough that no one seems to even notice.

As Arca finishes speaking, she becomes more attentive, and Trixie's request seems to be the most reasonable thing in the world to her.

"By all means, that sounds exactly like something I can help you with," she says as she fumbles with her a bundle of access key cards attached to her belt. She waves one over her datapad and you all here a *beep*.

She hands the card to Trixie and says, "Thank you for keeping this smooth, this was my last job of the day, I'm headed out now. Easiest last job in ages. that card will get you in to the ship logs to search for what you need." She motions her entourage to follow her and she walks away.

You all are left alone with a keycard. The hangar bay is mostly empty, save for some crates. The door deeper into the facility, what you guess will lead you to the central computer, is to your left. To your right there's a door that is open and has stairs in it that go upwards, toward a tower cresting the top of the hangar you are in.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:19 pm

Zyla just watches is awe, then when the attendent is gone she ask; "What did you guys do? Is she going to be ok?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:26 pm

Arca replies, "Many beings are weak-minded and can be manipulated with the aid of the Force into being more agreeable or changing their beliefs, at least for a short period. She will be fine, and won't realize that anything out of the ordinary happened to her. Well, other than meeting Jedi, which in itself is uncommon."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:33 am

The group heads towards the central computer. While they are a little out of place in garb, especially with a heavily armed and strangely armored figure following them, they have no trouble flashing their pass to get where they need.

Arca quickly dives into the network, cross-referencing ship arrivals and departures with the information he previously found on Galidraan.

He locates the one shipment he knows definitively when it occurred, and locates two more arrivals from the same vessel as well.

Additionally, he locates two locations that he is almost certain are where shipments come from and go to in this system, despite what seemed to be some obfuscation trying to move shipments through BioCorp facilities on the planet.

Orbital Construction Facility Zeta-Phi-Thirteen, colloquially known as The Yawning Maw by the locals, due to its massive, gaping forge that feeds on space debris and asteroids like a massive vacuum. It orbits the nearby planet Axum when not refilling its forges. Currently it is in system, although it is set to leave within the next 2 weeks.

the Second is on nearby on the planet, just outside of the capital. An underground facility owned by several galactic banks, leased out for private construction projects.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:09 am

Arca directs the group toward the nearby facility.

As they head through the city, they realize that no one pays them any mind. Whatever is going on with Jedi elsewhere in the galaxy, no one here seems to care all that much.

After around an hour of walking, you all find yourselves at the facility. It's an unassuming building, although from what Arca found you know it extends fairly deep and contains a full ship construction suite within. The front door is locked, and from what you could tell on your walk up the hang bay door on top of the building is also closed.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:20 am

"I think that we are past the point of cordially asking permission to enter. Time to create alternative ways to enter., I think."

Trixie looks to the others.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:06 am

Arca directs their astromech to bypass the security lock on the front door.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:11 am

The door slides open, revealing a fairly typical looking office lobby, complete with a welcome desk, chairs to around the edges, and a body scanner. Behind the body scanner is an elevator going into the facility. To your right are two bathroom doors, and a small breakroom. No one is in the area, it seems.

Return to “The Story”