Arc IV -Spacecity Madness

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Arc IV -Spacecity Madness

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:34 pm

Arca ignites his saber and lunges at the wounded creature, striking it solidly.

Spoiler:

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:55 am

Arca's blow carves into its already damaged hide and manages to connect with something, probably a vital organ, although Arca doesn't know their internal systems yet, and the creature collapses.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:18 am

"Is that it? Is it dead?" asks Trixie. "Didn't the computer indicate TWO of these forms escaping to the outside?"

She looks around nervously as if another is about to jump out.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:40 pm

Now that it's quiet again, Trixie can still hear blaster fire some ways away.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Zyla replies; 'Then there is still work to do'

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:40 pm

”There’s always work to do. We should probably hurry so we can at least try to lower the number of casualties.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:42 pm

'To the Batmobile!!!'

Begrudgingly, Trixie replies, "Then let's get to it." She isn't anxious to confront more evil, but she knows it is the right thing to do.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:33 am

Much as Arca might find carving into this creature's innards to be enlightening and potentially useful for the future, more pressing matters take precedence and he nods at Trixie.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:13 pm

The group heads, and after a few minutes, they pass through what must have been a battleground. Several security guards lie in pieces on the walls and ground. Up ahead, the corpse of the third creature is riddled with blaster wounds and surrounded by five more guards.

They glance up at you all, and one of them, sounding like a human woman, calls out, "Stop right there, this is a dangerous crime sce-... Oh, Jedi, umm, err, I guess head on over, we might be able to use your help." You can't make out her features through her suit, nor can you make out the others. Their full body armor indicates they are with the station's security team.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:04 pm

"It appears that this creature is already dead, and yet you say you may need our help? What assistance do you need? Are you in need of healing?"

Trixie will look to see that the creature is (indeed) dead and not just stunned.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:13 am

" There was another creature, it was injured, but we were too busy dealing with this one and lost track of it."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:46 pm

”The other one that was injured has already been dealt with. What exactly were these creatures?”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:50 pm

The lead guard tilts her head slightly and looks around at you all. "I was hoping you would have been able to tell me. They broke out of the BioCorp lab and began running through the city."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:07 am

”We haven’t had the opportunity to exam them. I would assume some sort of bioengineering experiment gone wrong though.”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:50 pm
The lead guard tilts her head slightly and looks around at you all. "I was hoping you would have been able to tell me. They broke out of the BioCorp lab and began running through the city."
"Yes. We dealt with one such creature INSIDE of the BioCorp lab, albeit not on BioCorp's behalf, but rather, out of our own sense of self-preservation. We were in BioCorp giving aid to an ill ally when these creatures tore through several levels. After defeating one such creature, we exited the building seeking to stop the threat to those outside. It appears that "we all" have ended that threat."

"What now? What are the legal repercussions of this? Does BioCorp control this city or is it merely a business set up here under authority of the city's leaders?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:09 pm

"BioCorp is just one of the many companies that jointly operate this station, although their facility has been closed recently after some intel came from some Jedi and Republic Intelligence that they were up to something relating to a Hutt trade deal or something? Politics has never been my thing, I don't know the specifics."

A whir alerts you all that a hover craft is landing behind you. It's clearly a security transport, and as its doors open several heavily equipped personnel exit.

"I'm Corporal Selene," the security officer you were talking to says, sticking out a hand to shake Trixie's hand. "You seem to be the leader, so figure I should introduce myself, since we may be working together a bit as I get a report filed."

She pulls off her helmet.

She seems to be a human, although a breathing apparatus running into her nose makes you doubt that she's at least an average human.

Lan, the Muun you all met earlier, jumps out of the security vehicle. "What in name of the Void happened here?" He is flanked by a tall man in a white coat and dark goggles, who pulls out a datapad and some medical tools and immediately starts poking and prodding the corpse.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:59 pm

'Well sir, this creature tried to make a return without a receipt, and well, it just escalated from there. What do you think happened? These creatures got out, and we saved the day.' Zyla says, gesturing to her fellow Jedi and Selene's team. 'WE should be asking what happened in there'

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:44 am

"Corporal Selene..... We work as a team, no one person more important than the other. We are aspiring Jedi, of course," says Trixie, deferring credit from herself. She will repeat to Corp. Selene what she just told the guards.
Spoiler:
"Yes. We dealt with one such creature INSIDE of the BioCorp lab, albeit not on BioCorp's behalf, but rather, out of our own sense of self-preservation. We were in BioCorp giving aid to an ill ally when these creatures tore through several levels. After defeating one such creature, we exited the building seeking to stop the threat to those outside. It appears that "we all" have ended that threat."
"I do concur with Zyla, here. There are many questions to be answered by those responsible for this."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:28 pm

"I let you into the BioCorp building with express instructions not tamper with anything. Although I will admit," he coughs nervously, "This kind of research is incredibly illegal and I suppose I can overlook your actions as a result."

The man in the white coat, which is devoid of any symbols denoting any sort of allegiance, jumps up suddenly.

"This is definitely one of the kidnapped cold cases, sir! The genetics matches several key markers from one of the missing persons. Obviously I can't be one-hundred percent sure without a much more thorough examination, but this seems to be part of that case."

A smug grin plasters itself across his face, and Lan's mood sours even more. Several of the guards that arrived with Lan finish placing repulsorlifts on the body, and head towards the building you all indicated to tag the other creature.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:50 am

"Cold cases??? I'd say NOT!!! It all looks pretty hot to me!!"

"Lan, there are....er, uh.... WERE more than the three. From tidbits of what we have seen around, there seems to have been 6, 7, 8 or more of these 'experiments'. They looked to be ongoing and in progress."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:22 pm

With a deep breath, Lan sags and leans against the shuttle.

"This job wasn't supposed to be hard," he mumbles to himself.

He straightens up. "Would you Jedi Knights be willing to help me with this problem?" His tone becomes a bit more authoritative, the weariness gone, at least temporarily, from his expression. "If what Dr. Canlan says is true, then it would appear these experiments have been being performed on kidnapped persons from the undercity. I need help investigating the disappearances and the BioCorp facility, and it would seem you all have stumbled right into the center of it."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:15 am

"We could possibly help with this situation." says Trixie as she looks to the others for approval. "We just LEFT the BioCorp facility and would have an interest in going back there."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:53 pm

"The facility will need to be swept, obviously, but I also need help interviewing people in the undercity as well. I believe Jedi are generally good at getting people to open up?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:28 am

Arca replies to Lan's question, "Finding out what someone does not wish me to know is a skill that I am particularly adept at." He faces Dr. Canlan and continues, making a subtle hand gesture, "You will tell me what I wish to know. Who do you work for? What is your connection to these creatures?"

Spoiler:
Influence followed immediately by Sense Thoughts
Arca Gavalun; Tales of the Old Republic; Force power check:
, 4 Light Side

ImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:08 pm

"Chief Medical Officer Regus Tantamon, Space City Security..." he says with a bit of apprehension, but he doesn't give you anything more.

Return to “The Story”