Arc IV -Spacecity Madness

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc IV -Spacecity Madness

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:40 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:08 pm
"Chief Medical Officer Regus Tantamon, Space City Security..." he says with a bit of apprehension, but he doesn't give you anything more.
"Ah, but Arca, someone with the surname Tantamon WROTE the report. You know, the report that EXCLUDED these beasts!! These mutations!! Keeping everything secret while people suffered!!"

Trixie says this purposefully excluding the known first name. She hopes that part of the intimidation comes across that she (we) may blame HIM for the neglectful report.

"You have a chance, Tantamon. One chance to come clean. All of THIS (she motions around her at the disaster that has occurred) will fall on someone's head, you can be sure!! Tell us what you know."

He reacts slowly to her words. Actually, not much at all. As Trixie pauses, an invisible force comes to bear. She senses (2 boost dice) troubling emotions in this individual. Tantamon breaks his stoic appearance and begins to look around nervously.

Spoiler:
Sense Emotions +2 Boost dice
(possibly) +1 Boost die -the last one on the right- for using just the surname
Destiny Point Spent!!
Using the Discipline Arca rolled against.
Can use LS Pips for Succ or Adv.

Trixie Ulan'jani; TotOR; Coercion Check vs Tantamon:
0 Success, 6 Advantages, 3 Light Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

What a SHAM!!!! ONE success on SEVEN positive dice!!

I will use the 3 LS Pips for Successes.
Spoiler:
Collecting some info for you:

Officially, to the Republic, only two test subjects survived the mutation process Zyla had also experienced. (you all saw this in the unredacted report)

However, you all encountered these three, and three more in pods that you killed.

There's also potentially one more, given Lan mentioned when you met him something had broken out of the labs and was killing people in the lower city. And something had caused damage in the containment area you all visited.

As these were not mentioned in the official report, you don't know if that was omitted or if the author, Cornelius Tantemon, was in the dark about testing.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:27 pm

He breaks almost instantly.

"My brother was involved in something to do with experiments at BioCorp. I always figured it was the normal kind, but he started mentioning people disappearing and he was hoping to come forward with what he knew to the press, but he disappeared right after that."

He looks horrible, like a façade just broke. "He'd mentioned that he'd found out they were kidnapping people, but without any information I couldn't connect any kidnappings to BioCorp. Until now, that is," he says as he gestures towards the body.

When he finishes speaking, there's a silence left hanging in the air, and Trixie gets the impression that he isn't too happy with her for forcing him to spill his guts here in public.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:09 pm

"You openness will go a long ways toward resolving this. I am sorry for the loss of your brother. Do you know him to be deceased or is there hope that he is, perhaps, imprisoned?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 pm

"I don't know what happened to him," he firmly says.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:26 pm

"You mentioned 'going to the press'. Surely, this is enough to do that now. You can carry out his wishes, can you not?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:49 pm

"And tell the press what? The company that has declared open war on the Jedi Knights across the galaxy and wants to commit genocide of Sith also kidnapped a few people on some farflung space station? That ship has launched, it's all the rest of us can do to clean up the pieces."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:38 am

While you are all talking, Lan hands a datapad to Trixie.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:17 pm

Zyla is lurking the background, trying not to get angry about all of this.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:04 pm

The group takes a detour back to the BioCorp headquarters. The members of the group still there listen as you all fill them in. They agree to look around the building, since that lets them keep an eye on Lyriss and flush her blood again as needed to keep her from doing any shedding.

Arca then takes a detour, with the astrogation data, to the local spaceport, where he is able to use Jedi privileges to gain access to a private Navicomputer and Astromech droid to help him with his calculations of possible locations of the unknown hyper-jumps.

finally, that evening, the group heads toward the nearest BioCorp satellite facility, rested and ready to go.
Spoiler:
You all have time to heal anything within reason (none of you had any critical wounds I believe) before this

The facility is nestled within a fairly busy district of the outer city, the least developed portions of the spacestation. This wing of the building is a new construction, but it is sparsely populated enough that it seems fairly rundown due to last minute budget cuts, lack of interest, and graft.

The address itself appears to be in the basement of a restaurant, which currently is filled with customers.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:23 pm

the restaurant is mostly empty, and there are two robots in the back cleaning the food prep station.

A small, heavily modded astromech sits at the counter, clearly meant to take orders from clients.

There are unfolded take out boxes littering the restaurant in stacks, filling up most of the tables. Several full boxes of what look like food prep equipment line the back wall furthest from the entrance.

Just to the left side of the restaurant entrance is a stair case, leading both up and down.

A small sign on the down section says "Closed to the Public, Private Property" and has a small BC stamped on it. The up side of the staircase has a holoboard next to it that seems like it might be for an apartment complex, but only three of the rooms appear occupied at the moment, if the board is accurate.
Spoiler:
If anyone wants to look around the perception check is average upgraded once (for reasons I can't say) with two setbacks (for the disorganized nature of the restaurant).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:49 pm

Trixie knows that one of the others is more of a sleuth than she is. And.....she has a 'hunch'. She will look at the holoboard for any clues and take a brief look up the stairs. She is wondering if it is connected in any way. Or, perhaps BC uses the upstairs, as well? She will look at one of the 'unoccupied rooms'.

"Let me check upstairs a second while you all get the door open!"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:06 am

The list of names is short. Several of them are in scripts you don't understand, but one is in basic and says "C. T.", no name, just initials. It's on the fourth floor.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:35 pm

Zyla walks over to start chatting with the droids. She ask jokingly 'Hey there, are ya working hard or hardly working?, hahaha! We were just wondering if you have noticed anything suspicious happening 'round here lately? Ya know, things only a droid might notice?'

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:06 pm

One of the two droids in the back looks up. "You wanna know what we think?" It turns to look at its compatriot, and says, "Weird organics here again, do you wanna take it or should I?" The other droid mumbles something Zyla doesn't catch, and so the first one shambles over to Zyla.

"Uh, like what lady? We're fry cooks, we don't see much. Guys in labcoats coming through here all the time, guys in armor bringing their passed out friends downstairs to help them sober up, weird screams from down below. You know, usual restaurant stuff." The droid continues standing there when it finishes speaking.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Zyla smiles and nods enthusiastically to the droid. 'Yeah, that sure does sounds like average everyday restaurant stuff. Tell me, how many of those drunk friends do you see again? Surely you've considered a side business selling cheese fries and deep fried treat to those that are hungover.'

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:12 pm

"Who sees drunk friends again? Are you some kind of idiot? Meatbag, everyone knows drunk friends only ever come to visit once."

Zyla experiences what can only be described as the droid rolling its eyes at her, despite no visible pupils to roll.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:24 pm

Zyla resist the temptation to attack (physically or with wit) this Droid. She stays polite and moves on.. 'Of course, of course. I might be a little tispy myself. Maybe I should go check it out?'

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:02 pm

The droid shrugs and gestures down the stairs.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:58 pm

Varc notices a security camera that seems a little more highpowered than a place like this would require, and it's facing the stairs, not the counter where payments are processed like a normal one would. Varc can tell it was installed after this building was constructed, and the wires seem to head somewhere but Varc loses them in the mess of a restaurant.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:56 pm

Zyla heads down the stairs and slowly opens the door peering inside.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:09 pm

Behind the door is a much, much nicer door with a keypad in front of it. Several of the buttons appear worn from use: 1,8,6,0,3.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:11 pm

Zyla can tell what numbers have been pressed, but not in what order, or even if some of them are in the code twice! She reaches out and trust the force to assist.
Spoiler:
Zyla; Spacecity Madness; Foresee:
, 4 Light Side

ImageImage
Nice, time for a new career as a bank robber!

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:18 pm

Zyla concentrates and is able to see a vision of herself typing in the correct number keys!
Spoiler:
This is specific enough I was gonna make it cost 3 pips rather than 1, and you got 4! you get something else too.
While typing in the keys, Zyla has a brief flash of another future, and sees several worried and concerned scientists accidentally inject themselves with what seems to be the same thing she was infected with previously.
Spoiler:
As with all Force visions, they do not necessarily guarantee the future, merely showing what could be or might be or probably will be.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:57 am

Zyla is about to open the door, but pauses as the vision continues... She opens her eyes and relays the images from the vision. 'So good news, bad news...

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:14 am

Trixie will go ahead and check out the room on the 4th floor with the 'C.T.' initials. She'll attempt to enter the room. If it is locked, she is willing to use the lightsaber on the lock/panel. Who knows? There could be an injured person in there who needs help!
Spoiler:
The list of names is short. Several of them are in scripts you don't understand, but one is in basic and says "C. T.", no name, just initials. It's on the fourth floor.

Return to “The Story”