Arc IV -Spacecity Madness

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Arc IV -Spacecity Madness

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:35 pm

While standing over the corpse of the abominable creature, the group struggles to catch their breath.

Their comms crackle to life after a few minutes. "The other two signals look they broke off into the streets around this facility," Waz says. Then he quickly adds, "Sorry, everyone all right?"
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc IV -Spacecity Madness

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:07 am

"Worse-for-wear, for sure!" replies the Twi'lek. "What next?"

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:41 am

Zyla looks up when she hears the voice over the comm; 'Who is that? And why couldn't they have been here to help us beat this thing?!'

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:38 am

crazybirdman wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:41 am
Zyla looks up when she hears the voice over the comm; 'Who is that? And why couldn't they have been here to help us beat this thing?!'
"That's just Waz, and the others. You know, the ones that stayed behind to tend to Lyriss."

"What do we do about these other two that escaped the facility???"

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:09 pm

'Two more of these creatures? Running loose in the streets? Are there people in danger?' Zyla ask, still rying to get up to speed on the situation.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:55 pm

crazybirdman wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:09 pm
'Two more of these creatures? Running loose in the streets? Are there people in danger?' Zyla ask, still rying to get up to speed on the situation.
"A Jedi's duty is to protect the innocent. If persons are in danger, then we should do what we can to prevent harm." (In her opinion)

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:22 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:55 pm
"A Jedi's duty is to protect the innocent."
Arca ponders silently, I don't recall that being a part of the Jedi Code. Still, she's not wrong about what we should do. Aloud he concurs, "And we should act quickly."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:50 pm

Deciding to act, you all are able to talk with Waz to let you know how to get the ground floor. As the building is still partially locked down, you all have to make your way through the holes in the floor the creatures ripped. After several minutes of dancing around exposed wiring, dodging leaking pipes, and avoiding bits of rubble.

The "ground level" exit is ripped open, and the smell of cooked flesh wafts through the air. It appears to you all that one of the creatures ripped its way through, but impacted with one of the defense shields, injuring itself in the process, while also shorting out the shield.

Outside, you all can hear what sounds like blaster fire, some screams, and loud thuds.

You can see a trail of some blood right at the door, andit leads in the direction of the blaster fire, but any accurate tracking of it would take work.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:59 pm

'Well, it sounds like we at least have some idea where to go.'

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:34 pm

Zyla closes her eyes, let's the sounds of the city drift away, and ask the force to guide them. . .
Spoiler:
But there's is too much chaos, and darkness to be useful.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:48 am

Varc tries to follow the blood trail, and Zyla tries to use the Force to find a path forward, but both are unable to come up with a clear direction.

Trixie, however, picks up on the various echoes of the cries in the distance and is able to roughly estimate the direction to go.

The group quickly takes off in the direction Trixie indicated. They maneuver through several twists and turns, before the cries become louder. There's also finally visible evidence of fighting, blaster scoring on the walls and what appear to be the splattered remains of bystanders.

While one of the cries still seems further off, Trixie can tell something is nearby, out of sight just a little distance off.

Spoiler:
You all are at this point in a main street of the city. It's empty, though there are hover vehicles far overhead, and rubbling from within the ground indicates some kind of railed transport system beneath you.

To your left is a row of store fronts, several with their windows smashed and destroyed. To the right, across the street, are other storefronts, these all in fine condition (though many have holograms with "foreclosed" or "out of business" displays)

What appear to be sewer grates line the edges of the streets, though for what reason a climate controlled space station would need sewer grates is beyond you all.

Scorch marks pocket the ground and walls leading into the nearest storefront with broken windows.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:59 pm

"hmmm.... Looks like the damage goes INWARD, like the creatures went INTO the building."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:42 pm

"Looks like it is the nearest storefront. Who wants to have a look?" Trixie says sheepishly.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:00 pm

"Well, someone's gotta do it." Zyla says before taking a deep breath, and stepping in.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:11 pm

Varc quickly follows after, clearly lost in his thoughts.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:20 pm

Trixie lights her laser sword and steps in behind Varc and Zyla.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:27 am

Arca resigns himself to another battle and follows suit.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:19 am

The group carefully steps into the broken down shop. Several tables are overturned, and blaster scorches pockmark the wall and floor. There is a distinctly acrid, bile smell, and there is clearly visible blood on the ground. Further towards the back, past rows of empty shelves, the group can just make out a hand on the ground near the back.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:08 pm

You all hear something on the ceiling, but before you can turn around an injured creature drops to the ground inbetween you all, howling in rage (despair). It's right arm is mangled and burned, and there are large welts from blaster fire across its skin.

It lunges wildly, seeking to knock you all to the ground.
Spoiler:
Initiative time, no time to prepare thanks to those failures and the despair

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:47 am

Trixie is gripped by fear and hatred for this creature. She remembers the suffering it caused her. She desperately taps into the darkside. '...this MUST work now!!!'
Spoiler:
'Out-of-Turn Incidental' (1x/ session)
Use Two DS Pips to cause 2 automatic Failures to rolls

Trixie Ulan'jani; TotOR; Force Power: Suppress roll:
, 2 Dark Side

ImageImage

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:01 am

Zyla ignites her lightsaber and rushes forward to meet the beast head on. 'We've beat one of your kind at full strength. You won't be a problem' Then with a twirl and a thrust, she attacks. Striking the beast with grace and confidence
Spoiler:
Zyla; Spacecity Madness; Lightsaber Attack:
6 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Zyla; Space City ; Lightsaber attack difficulty dice reroll:
2 Failures, 2 Threats, 1 Despair,

ImageImageImage

Looks like she still succeeded, but geez - 5 successes 1 threat and 1 despair

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:26 am

Zyla carves a gash across the creature, and it screeches in pain.

It rears up and swings straight at her, but misses in its rage:
Spoiler:
monster; attack:
0 Success, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This one is weaker cause of the damage.
It incoherently howls, in pain both from Zyla's attack and from the missing arm and blaster burns.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:12 am

Trixie takes a step back to defend herself while maintaining her connection to the Force.
Spoiler:
Action to Commit a Force Die to maintain Suppress on the creature. Maneuver to take a guarded stance (+1 Setback die on melee attacks versus herself).

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:36 pm

Varc lunges forward and attacks the creature.
Spoiler:
Varc; Lightsaber :
1 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
The roller doesn’t completely hate me today!
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:24 pm

Spoiler:
It must have failed to post, sorry, I know I typed up a response but I don't see it
The blade arcs into the beasts flesh, leaving it tottering and just barely clinging to life. The burning ember of fury in its eyes begins to dim, but it doesn't quite drop to the ground.
Spoiler:
You have the lightsaber that does extra damage to these things, correct? I know I talked about this last time you fought one

Return to “The Story”