Arc III - The Few Who Dare

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc III - The Few Who Dare

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:56 am

To Trixie it does appear the countdown is the same as the one back on the computer.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:20 am

Varc just shrugs. ”Maybe? We could always try.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:13 pm

You all head over to the doors, and both appear to be unlocked, but only seem to be able to open from either the computer or from a button on the outside, not from inside the room.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 pm

”Probably wise to start with the undamaged door first. Though the one dented in would lead you to believe that there was something important in there that something wanted to get to.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:44 am

The group heads over and hits the door open. It swishes open with a hiss, sounding as if a sterile seal had been broken. The air is incredibly still within, the acrid ozone smell in the air is much stronger in here.

Beyond the door are three sealed medical pods, each with something in them. The room itself is large and semicircular, with the flat side to the right of the door, and the pods in the semicircle to the left.

The things inside can't be called human or rodian or anything else the group recognizes, and they're barely humanoid. Their skin is a weird red-black, shiny but not slick looking. Their heads are massive reptilian jaws, extra eyes under what seem to have been their original eyes. Their limbs are incredibly muscled, and end in claws rather than hands. Their legs can't be seen, as the bottom half of the pods are opaque.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:33 am

"Were....were......were they once human???" stutters out Trixie. "Is there no hope for them? Is THIS the disease???" she'll query to the others.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:42 am

Varc and ST-3R mess around on the computer for a while, but are unable to figure anything out.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:05 am

After the computer doesn't yield useful information, Varc heads back to the room and looks at the pods and the stuff that feeds into them. He's able to identify the nutrient tubes and the air supplies, and feels that with the right juryrigging they could be used to kill their occupants.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:20 am

Trixie thinks that maybe messing with the tubes will wake them up. Or, the sleeping monsters will recognize something is wrong and awaken. She will stand prepared.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:13 am

Varc is able to spend around 30 minutes adjusting the oxygen supplies for the pods, and slowly eases them off. The creatures chests stop moving around an hour later, as the last of the oxygen in the pods is used up by their slowed metabolisms.

The computer begins to flash an alert, ST-3R and Waz jog over to check.
Subject Integrity Compromised!
Spoiler:
Average w/ one setback computer check to see where the alert was sent

Arca is working Syn when Zyla starts convulsing. The convulsions quickly end, but Syn seems worried about something.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:18 am

"TURN IT OFF!!! TURN IT OFF!!!" Trixie urges in aslightly raised voice, but a hushed tone, as if not to "wake" the beasts in the pods. She is also worrying that someone else in the complex on the BioCorp side may be made aware of their presence here.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:45 am

Varc dashes out of the room to help ST-3R and Waz with the computer, leaving Trixie alone in the room.

He's able to figure out that the computer sent a burst of adrenaline into the pods in the other room, and also sent an alert to something called "user:SecurityTeamAleph."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:17 am

”I think we’ve overstayed our welcome. Two things just happened, one a message was sent to a security team and two adrenaline was sent to the other room with the sleeping creatures. I think we need to leave.”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:34 am

"Security Team???" exclaims Trixie from the other room. "Are we just going to let them walk into THIS?!!! More of these things awakening in the other room?"

It was conflicting with her spirit to allow those sleeping creatures to be put to rest, but she concluded they were monstrous creations and not human any more. Still, it did not sit well. They looked dangerous. She feels conflicted with putting others in danger without helping them.
Spoiler:
She has Strength: Compassion, Motivation: Help the Helpless. She might think that the incoming team may be walking into certain death.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:08 pm

”I understand your concerns, but I think whatever security got this message knows what’s here. They are more than likely capable of handling these creatures and would probably act aggressively to the fact that we are here. It would probably be best if we weren’t here.”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:37 pm

"Well....that makes sense. We COULD monitor this from afar, couldn't we?"

"What about this other door? Leave it be for now?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:48 pm

”Letting the security handle the other door is probably best. Worse comes to worse they can weaken them before we fight them.”

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:16 am

With that decided, the group heads back towards the upper floors, where their friends await.
Spoiler:
I'll catch the group up in time with Arca and co. once Shado says if Arca is gonna do anything in response to Zyla's brief issue

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm

Arriving back in the room several minutes later, the group is greeted by Syn's holocron snapping, "What in the name of the founders of Tython did you all do down there?" She seems more concerned than angry.

There's an alert waiting on the computer, although it didn't emit a tone when it was recieved so Arca didn't notice it till he turned around to see the group return.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:51 pm

Arca moves to the computer and reads the alert, so he has some clue as to what the holocron is whining about.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:19 am

It is a message for Doctor Tynian and requires that his code cylinder be inserted to be read. Varc currently has the code cylinder.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:33 am

"Varc, please come over here and use Doctor Tynian's code cylinder to decipher this alert," Arca requests.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:41 am

”Certainly.” Varc heads over to the terminal and uses the code cylinder to access the information.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:23 pm

The alert is to let Dr Tynian know that there is a security crew on the way to check on them, and that something has started a cascading lockdown of the facility. The security team will be there in two or three days, as each floor is cleared.

Around this time, you all can hear the security doors triggering outside, locking out this floor from all the rest. The ground underneath your feet also vibrates, and it feels like some kind of particle shield has been activated in the floor, sealing the floor off even more.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:13 pm

The next day and a half passes with agonizing slowness. Several alerts are received that indicate the security team is still on one of the lower floors, and has been since they arrived there. The system overseeing the infected mutant patients also has stopped reporting.

Finally, Arca and Syn feel they can bring Zyla back to alertness. The contagion is mostly cleared from her system, although there were a few irreparable genetic modifications that could not be fixed without heavy usage of alchemy and ritual accoutrements that could only be found on Ziost or other Sith worlds, according to Syn.

Padawan Zyla, can you hear us? ST-3R asks as her eyes flutter open.

Return to “The Story”