Arc III - The Few Who Dare

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Arc III - The Few Who Dare

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:22 am

Arca has no intention of letting the holocron out of his control, let alone sight, until Zyla is completely cured. Arca is fine with having the droid hold it, though, as the holocron is incapable of affecting a machine the way it could a living being. And Arca will need to rest at some point, unlike the droid.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:27 am

The first day passes fairly slowly. The group has to find IV solutions and food for their stay. Luckily, a nearby breakroom still has some non-perished items and you all are able to raid it for your needs. The IV nutrient solutions are easy to find, the laboratory being stocked with what looks like enough for several months.
Spoiler:
If you don't wanna swipe stuff, someone will have to go out and on a food run, which will require talking with city authorities and stuff.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:12 am

The second day passes much faster, and Arca is even able to suggest some ways for Syn to improve her speed.
Spoiler:
Since Arca is specifically keeping the holocron in check, please make me a daunting lore check, he's gonna start picking some things up as he works to make sure Syn doesn't do anything.
Several warnings pop onto the system, tagging Dr. Tynian.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Varc examines the warnings popping up on the system.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:47 pm

One of the rooms that had a patient listed indicates there is a fault in the system and that an error was causing it to report fewer patients within it than there were. The warnings are for each unlisted body that was in the room.

There are 3 in one room and 2 in the other, whereas there should have been one and one. The system also indicates there were two extra subjects in each room, meaning one has been unaccounted for for several days.

While Varc is reading the alerts, a new one pops up, but this one seems to be referring to a system option under the hood, and he'll need to snoop around to figure out what it is referring to.
Spoiler:
can I have an average computer check from Varc

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:09 am

Varc cannot quite figure out what the new alert is for.

Several new options seem to be available on diagnostics now.
  • Vitals
  • Release Schedule
  • Analysis

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:14 am

Going in order, Varc checks vitals first.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:02 am

It lists the vital signs of the five patients. Two of them are elevated compared to the others.

Release Schedule has some sort of countdown, with the time set for tomorrow at around 2pm.

Analysis says:
Subjects reviving from induced coma with minimal loss of functions. Induced coma successfully allowed the changes to take place with minimal impact on higher brain functions.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:11 am

”This doesn’t look good. Think it has to do with those experiments we read about?”

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:31 pm

Waz thinks for a moment. "They said something got loose, right? Could that be the reason one room has two life signs and the other has three? And if this release schedule is releasing them, could this be some kind of revenge on the part of this doctor?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:52 am

"I was going to venture out for a supply run, but maybe we should investigate this first?"

"Is it REPORTING the current existence of lifeforms there or only that there are lifeforms ASSSIGNED to those rooms?"

"So, are they there NOW?? I have this General Purpose Scanner. I believe it can scan for lifeforms. Perhaps with some further details we could track down that location and key in on the lifeforms within them? Doesn't sound too hard."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:49 am

Arca comes over from helping, or more accurately watching, the holocron and types a few keys on the computer. He sees that there was some kind of mask over the original analysis of the room, keeping the true contents hidden, but a fault developed and that was the alert you all got. He sees that those signs are active lifesigns, and there are indeed two that seem to be waking up. And one does, indeed, appear to be missing.
Spoiler:
three successes, three pieces of information

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:18 am

”Let’s gather what we need before heading to investigate. If it’s dangerous, we can’t allow it to roam free.”

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:36 am

After the group figures out who will go and who will stay, they jot down the room number and take the code cylinder with them (to give them turbolift access).

It takes several minutes, and it feels like they're deep in the heart of the space station's base layers when the turbolift emits a ding and opens.

The hallway is large and more industrial than the one on your level. The lights seem to flicker, and there is some damage on the wall, indicating something took a swipe at some of the wiring on the walls.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:46 am

Varc grabs his lightsaber and slowly advances. They couldn’t be too cautious if whatever caused those scratches was nearby. ”Be ready.”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:02 am

The ever-perceptive Waz-aru steps forward and concentrates.
Spoiler:
Waz has the Control to see through an object at Medium Range as if it were Transparent.

Waz'aru; TotOR; Farsight:
, 4 Light Side

ImageImage

+1 Pip to see to medium range, ignoring darkness
+1 Pip to see through the door at the end of the hall.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:16 am

Beyond the door, Waz can see a computer pane. It's blinking slowly. On each side of it are doors, both closed. The one on the right has what appears to be a dent right in the middle.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:48 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:16 am
Beyond the door, Waz can see a computer pane. It's blinking slowly. On each side of it are doors, both closed. The one on the right has what appears to be a dent right in the middle.
"Two doors on the other side of this one. One with a large dent in it. A blinking computer pane, too." Waz will say aloud.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:53 pm

The angle of the dent appears to be upwards, but whether it was trying to stop the door from closing or force it to open is unclear to Waz.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:22 am

”Can’t do much standing here. We should probably investigate the panel and dented door.”

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:26 am

The group heads forward. The large door that Waz had peered through stays closed as you all approach. A panel next to it glows, and looks like it's awaiting some kind of authorization to open.

Once you wave the code cylinder over it, the door swishes open. The air inside is sterile, an acrid smell of some kind of air scrubber burning its way into your noses. The lights here are also damaged, giving the room a half lit, macabre feeling. The computer panel activates as you approach it. A long list of diagnostic data starts to scroll down it.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:49 am

"Arca's back in the lab, so who's our computer expert now?" Trixie will ask and look around a the others.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:52 am

”I’m not an expert but I’ll take a look.”

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:48 am

While Varc is poking around, the others notice that the two doors have access panels, and that the one on the left has a countdown going on it, while the one on the right does not.

Varc is unable to figure out how to slow down and parse the stream of diagnostic data, but he does manage to keep any trace of his efforts from being logged in the system.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:54 am

"Does that countdown timer match the one we saw earlier? Same thing?"

"Will one of these open the door, Varc?"

Return to “The Story”