Arc III - The Few Who Dare

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc III - The Few Who Dare

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:09 am

"Anyone know hyperspace calculations?" Jarkyc asks as he starts the ship up and points it towards the opening bulkhead doors.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:27 pm

Again, Trixie hadn't thought that far ahead, but she is confident it will work out. "First things first! Let's get out of this bay!"

"Yeah, ....ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO HYPERSPACE CALCULATIONS???"
she says loud enough to resonate through the ship.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:27 am

Arca replies, "I will do it."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:56 am

Several minutes later, Arca believes he has the ship programmed and punches it. The ship rattles, almost alarmingly, but glides into hyperspace.

Several hours later, the group feels a jolt as they emerge from hyperspace.

However, the planet they emerge over is not Nespis VIII and its massive "Space City." The planet is one that appears mostly desolate, large obviously powerful storm fronts appear to be moving across the planet, and its dim star flickers in the distance, barely seeming to be enough to support the planet.

Arca, Trixie, Varc, Waz, and Lyriss all feel a strange buzz coming from the planet, as if something down their is pushing back at their minds with the Force.

The ship's hyperdrive flickers and restarts, the journey clearly being one the ship was not prepared to take, outside existing major hyperspace lanes. The boot countdown on the ship's computer indicates an hour to boot back up and run a self diagnostic.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:58 am

After a few false starts, the ship slips into hyperspace, much more smoothly this time. After several more hours, the ship emerges above Nespis VIII.

The comm system crackles to life and everyone hears, "This is Space City Security, please state your intention and and follow the landing coordinates and directions exactly."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:10 am

Trixie looks to the others and whispers off-mic, "Honesty is the best policy???" She waits for the other's input before answering.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:15 pm

Arca quietly replies, "Is there a compelling reason to mislead?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:31 pm

"No, I suppose not!" replies Trixie, feeling a bit less of a burden on her conscious that she might feel compelled to resort to deceitfulness.

"We have a gravely ill passenger and require immediate medical attention. We have a possible remedy, but require a high quality medical facility to process the cure and treat this particular illness. Please direct us appropriately."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:58 am

"Contagious biohazard?" the response comes back.

As he waits for your response, coordinates to what appears to be an out of the way facility in something labeled as the Laboratory District are sent to your shuttle.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:18 pm

Trixie looks at the others. "It seems to be what we need, for now."

She responds to spaceport control, "No one said anything about contagious or biohazard. Perhaps you have us confused with another starship? I said we have a gravely I'll passenger."

"The coordinates you sent us are sufficient. Thank you. Beginning our descent."

The says this part very affirmatively, trying to push things forward without further questions.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:41 pm

"You said gravely ill, containment procedures for the station mean that we need to know what kind of infectiousness before we can allow you to unload your ship and potentially risk spreading something," the man responds.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:11 am

"It is a sleeping disease that primarily affects those related to the Sith."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:59 am

"... Come again? Nevermind, we'll have you go into the hermetically sealed offloading bay, you can explain it to the labtech on duty."

A series of new coordinates arrive, adjacent to the landing platform previously assigned.

Jarkyc pulls the ship down. The landing bay is nestled among a series of buildings with a bunch of boring, bland, biotechnology based names, although you all catch sight of one that has a "BioCorp" sign. It is one of the largest buildings, and it, along with 6 others, connect directly to the hangar bay attached to the landing bay that you all have been directed towards.

"We got ah plahn?," Jarkyc asks as the ship comes to a halt. Small droids with biohazard symbols emblazoned on their shells float around the ship and begin what Arca recognizes as a sort of decontamination procedure. Several more droids head to the back of the ship, dragging a large tarpaulin decontamination tunnel.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:13 am

"Yeah! Don't get kidnapped! Lyriss and her master were investigating kidnappings on Nespis VIII. She said that people in hazmat suits sprayed them down and knocked them unconscious. Then she woke up on a slab! THIS was the place. BIOCORPS!!!"

"Also, two of those manifests aboard the ship were from Nespis VIII. We should be on our guard. I figure that once they know what is going on, we are going to be in it up to our necks!"
Spoiler:
Lyriss explains that she and her master were investigating kidnappings on the Nespiss VIII Space City. Several individuals in full body hazmat suits and sprayed them down with some something that knocked Lyriss unconscious. She doesn't know what happened to her master.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:08 am

An alert pops up on the console. Biohazard containments secured. You are free to disembark."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:55 pm

Trixie looks around at the others and gives a nod of the head.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:13 am

Jarkyc hits the button to open the doors. A hiss of pressurized air wafts through the ship, smelling sterile and clinical.

Jarkyc moves over to the stretcher where Zyla is still restrained. "I got her, you go on aheahd. If there's any trouble, don't wahnt this girl's body being the only cover."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:09 am

The group emerges into a sterile smelling tunnel. A small little droid on wheels beeps at the party, indicating that it wants them to follow it.

You all follow it around and emerge into a large decontamination chamber. It's massive circular chamber, with semi-regularly spaced vents for the release of the decontaminant gas.

A small screen and keypad sits next to the exit door, and Arca recognizes it. It takes him a few minutes to input what he knows of the virus's patterns, without necessarily giving all of his cards away, before the system is satisfied and allows the decontamination procedure to commence. Several masks are released, to fit over each person's face. Jarkyc takes his helmet off, for the first time since you all have known him. He's not human, or at least not fully human, but his species isn't one that easily comes to mind for any of you. His head is a little irregularly shaped, so the mask takes a while to fit snuggly.
Spoiler:
Daunting with 1 setback History check to know what he is off the top of your head, if you want. No need to, though.

Average medicine check with one setback to know what's up with his head.

Afterwards, a hazmat suit is provided for Lyriss and a special sleeve is provided to cover Zyla and the stretcher, but the the rest of you are allowed exit the chamber unencumbered. The computer tells Arca it still detects contaminants, but only on those two individuals.

A tall, thin Muun with a blaster at his side greets you all.

"To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking," he asks, voice dripping with condescension. "I am told you want facilities for a gravely ill patient. I am here to verify your plea."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:09 am
"To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking," he asks, voice dripping with condescension. "I am told you want facilities for a gravely ill patient. I am here to verify your plea."
"My name is Trixie Ulan'jani and these are my associates." She pauses for a half-second, thinking she might give her allies a chance to introduce themselves, but then construes the Muun's curtness for impatience. She continues.

"It IS as we have said, as you can see before you," she says gesturing to the patient on the stretcher. She returns the courtesy, but in a kind fashion with genuine curiosity.

"And TO WHOM do we have the pleasure of speaking to?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:58 am

The Muun appears taken aback.

"Sorry, I am Lan Lilunum."

He composes himself. "You seem to know what issue you are seeking to deal with, but I need to understand the nature of the disease enough to give you the correct level of biocontainment facility. Thankfully, the information you entered should be enough for me to find one in the right ballpark."

His datapad makes a *ding* noise and he pulls it out.

"Good, it looks like we can use one of the BioCorp laboratories. They were all seized by the Republic several days ago at the behest of the Jedi, although since the recent revelation that the owner of BioCorp has been attempting to start some internal fight among the Jedi, the Republic has taken a much more hands off dealing with the lockdown. Currently Space City authority is operating the BioCorp headquarters."

He hands you all a smaller datapad. " This will give you access to the facility, although it will only open doors that lead to the laboratory you've been assigned. I would suggest staying inside, something got out of these labs a while ago and has killed several people in the lower levels."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:11 pm

The datapad has a map on of where to go to get to the assigned lab.

Having a chance to look around the room, the padawans can tell this is a sort of central hub, with around a dozen doors leading out. The datapad indicates that you all should take the door nearest your right.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:19 am

"Something got out? Killed several people? Lower levels???"

"I think we'll stay JUST where we're supposed to be!"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:16 am

”Or that was them not wanting people poking around in the lower levels. Or a subtle way of asking for help.” Varc shrugs.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:00 pm

"Or both," Arca adds.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:56 am

You all follow the route, noticing several BioCorp terminals along the way that seem to have minimal security, at least at first glance.

In the lab, you're able to find the facilities needed to set up mass production of the antibodies in Lyriss's blood. She sighs, but helps Arca set up the biohazard seals around a chair for her to sit in while her blood is extracted. The computer lets Arca know that Lyriss's blood will need to be flushed, as she is intermittently shedding the antibodies and infectious material.
Spoiler:
Average Medicine check to get a course of action (or to have me input a course of action you come up with)
While Arca is setting that up, the other end of the lab reconfigures itself into a fully containment unit for Zyla. Several med-droids emerge from charging stations along the walls and begin to help move her to into a full-service medical bed.

The person holding the holocron feels it buzzing, as if it wants to be activated and removed from the pocket it was thrown into.

Return to “The Story”