Arc III - The Few Who Dare

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc III - The Few Who Dare

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Varc starts sorting through the equipment, with the soldiers taking away stuff that has been cataloged.

Varc is able to find what appears to be a flimsiplast sheet with passwords, the rest is medical equipment that is a bit beyond him in his ability to grasp significance or lack thereof.

Waz puts the translation headset on
Spoiler:
Either over his biohazard suit, or just on his head, depending on if the antidotes were administered
and scans over the control panel.

Most of it is just generic ship terms, [power up], [diagnostics], [weapons], etc. Interestingly, Waz doesn't see any easily accessible controls. There are buttons, yes, but no steering or easily usable firing mechanisms for the weapons.

As he's looking, he hears a voice in his head.

Are you my new pilot?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 pm

"Whoa!" He says as the voice starts speaks in his head. Back up quickly he goes to the hatch. "Hey, this ship just asked me if I'm its new pilot." He shouts to the others. "What do I do?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:49 pm

Varc takes the list of passwords and tries to look for a terminal or datapads to use them with and calls out for Arca. ”Hey Arca, there are some medical supplies and such on the ship. It might be worth you looking over.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:40 am

Arca heads into the ship and goes wherever Varc indicates.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:15 am

ST-3R glances toward Waz, after noticing no one else respond.

"Padawan Waz, you say this ship talked to you in your mind?" he asks as he walks toward Waz.

Arca finds equipment that could be used to help run a fully functional biohazard lab, with enough vials, testkits, and other equipment to allow someone to do virtually any genetic project they wished, albeit without any sort of mass production. The datapads are all password locked, but Varc's find looks like it might allow two of the datapads to be opened, or more if passwords were duplicated.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:50 am

Varc starts going through the datapads and trying the passwords.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:22 am

Waz'aru looks down at the droid as he stands in the ship's hatchway. Yes, it feels rather strange, although not the first time today something has felt strange. But the ship wants to know if I'm the new pilot. Everything is written in Sith glyphs.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:59 pm

ST-3R stops and thinks for a moment.

"I cannot think of what that may be, although the presence of Sith writing is most distressing. It probably should not be used without a Master present."

Varc manages to get three of the datapads open, leaving 6 more that don't unlock.

The first one appears to be a bunch of star chart information, although it is enciphered in some way and Varc can't quite make heads or tails of it. The other two are both manifests of transports of goods from the Nespis VIII spaceport to several locations, one of which is clearly this location due to what is being shipped there ("SUNNY PICNIC"), the others are pseudonyms that Varc can't quite make out ("GLORIOUS ANTHEM" and "MOONLIT FRACTURE"). Given time, and the fuel usage involved in the manifests, Varc thinks if he got some particularly good astrogators together they could figure out a range of potential planets for those choices, but looking at it like this all he could do is guess.

Varc recognizes the name Nespiss VIII, it's where Lyriss said she and her master had been kidnapped.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:59 am

Waz'aru looks at the droid. I figured you were going to say something like that. Problem is I don't know if we have time for that." Leaning back out of the hatch again Waz'aru tries to locate Arca, yelling for him when he doesn't see him. "ARCA? I COULD USE YOU OVER HERE."

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:14 am

Arca, not for the first time, wishes that there was a Force ability to be in two places at the same time. He sighs softly and heads from what Varc wanted him to look at to where Waz'aru is now bellowing from.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:33 pm

When Arca gets to the ship, Waz shows him inside.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:20 pm

Waz'aru explains to Arca what happen so far on the ship and how it spoke to him telepathically, as he hands him the helmet so he can see the glyphs for himself.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:13 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 pm
"Whoa!" He says as the voice starts speaks in his head. Back up quickly he goes to the hatch. "Hey, this ship just asked me if I'm its new pilot." He shouts to the others. "What do I do?"
ThreeBFour wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:20 pm
Waz'aru explains to Arca what happen so far on the ship and how it spoke to him telepathically, as he hands him the helmet so he can see the glyphs for himself.
"It probably wouldn't hurt to wait a few minutes. It WOULD probably hurt to try and engage with the ship at this time. With all of these Republic personnel here, doesn't somebody know something? Who's in charge, now, anyways?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:10 pm

Arca takes the helmet offered by Waz'aru and puts it on.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:13 pm

Arca sees the same generic ship terms as Waz did. There are some buttons on the control panel, but nothing that clearly indicates how to pilot the ship.
Spoiler:
forgot to tell Waz where those cables went, saying that now
The cables that go in to the ship are spliced into what looks like a very recently made cut in the bulkhead of the ship, with wires stretched and removed from their normal position.

Orcam wanders over to Trixie. "Well, I'm in charge, I guess, but given y'all are the rankin' Jedi here on what was intended as a Jedi mission, you're in charge of your own selves." He scratches his head as if thinking through the chain of command for the first time. "I guess no one thought this'd turn inta this kind o' mess when we were sent."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:28 pm

Varc continues to help catalogue what is found and preparing it for movement elsewhere.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:13 pm
The cables that go in to the ship are spliced into what looks like a very recently made cut in the bulkhead of the ship, with wires stretched and removed from their normal position.
"Well, let's see what we can do about those unopened datapads (Varc), and Waz.... What are these cables running to the ship's bulkhead?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:40 am

”I’ve tried the passwords that I’ve found, but we could try to see if we can figure out the others as well. Though I’m not sure where to begin.”

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:39 am

"Ummm. I'm not exactly sure, but they do lead to the room with the monster in the pit. Maybe part of the containment field?" He says, suddenly thinking again about the great monster in the pit. "I think I might go check on that thing and make sure it's still asleep."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:07 am

While Arca is looking around, he hear's a voice in his head.

Are you my new pilot?

Varc and Trixie look through the other datapads, most appear fairly low security, but still might take some work to get in to.
Spoiler:
Average difficulty with two setbacks computers

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:13 am

“Hey Trixie, you think you could assist me with this? They may be lower grade security but they are still gonna be tough for me.”

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Spending a few minutes sorting through some of the passwords, Varc thinks he's found a pattern in how they are made, so he has some idea of a few variations to try.
Spoiler:
+2 boosts on the computers check

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:31 pm

Firing up the datapads and starts testing out his theory on potential passwords.
Spoiler:
Varc; Computers:
1 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Much to his excitement, he finally was able to crack the code used for the datapads.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:52 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:07 am
While Arca is looking around, he hears a voice in his head.

Are you my new pilot?
Arca thinks (loudly): No. What I know about ships is the basics that the Temple teaches all Padawans. I know what to do, and more importantly, what not to do, and that's essentially the sum of my knowledge. I'm certainly not skilled. Who, or what, are you?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:45 pm

"Arca, I'll leave you an the ship to communicate. I'm gonna head back to the other chamber and check on the monster in the pit, whom I hope is still sleeping." Waz'aru says as he leaves through the hatch and heads down the corridor.

Return to “The Story”