Arc III - The Few Who Dare

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc III - The Few Who Dare

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:59 pm

After jogging for a few minutes, Waz peels around into the large room with the pit. Heading towards the pit, the same buzzing, stinging, electrical feel washes over him. This time, though, there's something... different about it.

Arca hears what almost feels like a sigh in his mind. I am this ship, the artificial intelligence created to help pilots utilize this meditation sphere.

Varc and Trixie scan through the one other datapad that they managed to unlock. It appears to be logs of holonet conversations between two people. Varc doesn't recognize either of them, although one appears to be dressed as a Coruscant Jedi Temple guard. The conversations are mostly status updates from the Temple guard to the other person, and cover things like movements of unspecified items, coded phrases, and, most interestingly, the phrase "cosmic turbine" said several times in conjunction with "GLORIOUS ANTHEM."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:42 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:59 pm
Varc and Trixie scan through the one other datapad that they managed to unlock. It appears to be logs of holonet conversations between two people. Varc doesn't recognize either of them, although one appears to be dressed as a Coruscant Jedi Temple guard. The conversations are mostly status updates from the Temple guard to the other person, and cover things like movements of unspecified items, coded phrases, and, most interestingly, the phrase "cosmic turbine" said several times in conjunction with "GLORIOUS ANTHEM."
"Varc? An attack on the Jedi Temple? A traitor from within? What should we do? Go straight to Coruscant? Go to Ossus? Find Master Curvian? Send an urgent intergalactic message?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:02 pm

”If the Temple Guard have been infiltrated we must be very careful with who we tell or it could leak and the lead will be lost.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:08 am

Waz'aru pausing before the lip of the pit, spends a moment trying to determine what is different in the feeling coming from the pit, before looking over the edge again.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:14 pm

Waz reaches out with the Force, to try to figure out what feels different. After a few moments of concentration, Waz realizes he feels malevolence mixed with... camaraderie? Something about the it does not feel correct, Waz cannot tell why the creature seems to be exuding both sensations in equal measure. It makes his stomach feel even worse then before, churning with conflicting emotions and feelings in a way that makes him feel like he might throw up soon.

It is, however, still asleep, and doesn't appear to have shifted at all. With its bulk, Waz is fairly confident that the entire cavern structure would feel the effects of the creature shifting.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:27 pm

Waz'aru scuttles away from the pit, before he throws up into it. Moving swiftly he heads back towards the others and calls them together. When they gather he explains. "So here's what I just discovered down the hall. The creature in the pit I mentioned earlier has changed." He says and proceeds to give a run down of what he felt and saw. "I really don't recommend disconnecting any the the wire from the Sith ship." He adds pointing towards the round ship.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:01 pm

"What do MEAN 'changed'?"
asks the Twi'lek.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:07 am

"Exactly as I said." Waz'aru says as he clutches his stomach. "There's a different feel to it. The creature is still asleep it seems, maybe it's dreaming, but there is a simultaneous feeling of camaraderie and malevolence. Positively sickening feel."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:27 am

Jarkyc, overhearing the conversation, wanders over. "If thaht creature wakes up, the hunt to kill it would be glorious."

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:05 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:59 pm
Arca hears what almost feels like a sigh in his mind. I am this ship, the artificial intelligence created to help pilots utilize this meditation sphere.
Arca replies verbally, so anyone else present can hear his side of the conversation, "As part of your capability to help pilots utilize this meditation sphere are you capable of piloting the sphere yourself, directly? Are you capable of anticipating a pilot's needs, or must you wait for an explicit command? How autonomous are you? Are there commands that I might give that you would refuse to execute, and if so, explain what they are and why you would refuse orders. Lastly, does this sphere have an audio output device and are you able to communicate to persons within the sphere audibly?"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:37 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:27 am
Jarkyc, overhearing the conversation, wanders over. "If thaht creature wakes up, the hunt to kill it would be glorious."
"Personally, I have no desire to face that creature. But I do have a question you can help me answer." Waz'aru says while looking at Jarkyc. "Being close to the pit right now makes me physical ill, but as you are not Force sensitive I wonder how close you can get to it?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:34 am

Jarkyc looks a little uncomfortable, but then shrugs. "If I cahn do something thaht a Jedi does not or cahnnot do, then imagine the honor I can gain."

He taps his helmet and indicates a comm frequency, then looks to see if anyone is going to accompany him before leaving.

I can pilot this vessel, but unless I am traveling to serve my pilot, I require a pilot to give me directive. I have a capacity to anticipate needs, but that requires that I know the pilot. There are various commands I would refuse to execute, most involve injuring a pilot, destroying Sith locations, or damaging the integrity of the Sith Empire. There is not audio output, my original creators deemed that audio connections were slow and inefficient, especially in a combat situation."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:51 am

"I'll even admit that you can do something I couldn't." Waz'aru says to Jarkyc as they walk back down the corridor. "Be careful when you get close to the edge."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:18 am

Jarkyc approaches the edge. He briefly rips his helmet off to throw up, but he appears none the worse for wear.

He leans on the computer terminal. "I think this ahffects me just ahs much ahs you," He hisses into the helmet comm, holding it near his head but not putting it back on. Suddenly, he throws up again, missing the helmet and splashing on the ground and into the pit.

"There is no 'camaraderie' here, just ah horrible feeling."

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:38 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:34 am
I can pilot this vessel, but unless I am traveling to serve my pilot, I require a pilot to give me directive. I have a capacity to anticipate needs, but that requires that I know the pilot. There are various commands I would refuse to execute, most involve injuring a pilot, destroying Sith locations, or damaging the integrity of the Sith Empire. There is not audio output, my original creators deemed that audio connections were slow and inefficient, especially in a combat situation."
Arca responds, "There are cables connecting this ship with a pit containing a large creature that appears to not be conscious. Do you know why this ship is connected to the pit, and if so, what can you tell me about the purpose of the connection and about the creature itself?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:09 am

I am connected to a set of monitoring crystals that are watching the creature's brainwaves via Sith alchemy. Currently, there is a spike in activity although that spike is still within sleeping parameters. The spike occurred several minutes ago, when the holocron, a word which the ship seems to utter with some sort of incredulousness, as if it doesn't believe what it is saying, did something to the female.

"Do you need me to continue stahnding here," Jarkyc shouts back to Waz, clearly a bit perturbed at tossing the contents of his stomach into the pit.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:45 pm

"Sorry Jarkyc. Please come away from there. I didn't mean for you to stay at the edge." Waz'aru waves him away from the edge. "Don't worry, I'll tell the others that you've got some serious guts. No pun intended." He says as he heads back over to the computer to bring up the menus again. "I'm gonna check it's vitals again and then the vid feed."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:33 am

Feeling sick, Waz still manages to hold his stomach and look over the computer. Jarkyc waits for him at the entrance to the room. Nothing has changed on the vitals, that Waz can tell.

In the middle of its thought with Arca, the Ship suddenly interjects, Someone is yet again accessing the panel I am connected to in the resting chamber of the Leviathan.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 am

Arca replies, "Is there a problem with one of my companions doing so? Can they accidentally awaken the creature?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:49 pm

That should not be possible without the proper ritual to awaken it

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:44 am

"Awake or asleep, what do we DO with the creature in the pit? Will it wake up on its own or will it be dormant indefinitely? We just can't LEAVE it, can we? Should we ask to post guards at this facility indefinitely?" asks Trixie. "What else does that holocron know?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:47 am

"Sorzu Synn... says Trixie, addressing the holocron. "If you "exist to teach alchemy" , then what was the meaning of that violent display of blue energy and choking Varc?"

"I take by your obvious displeasure that you were CONTROLLED against your will. Was this by that strange jedi or that datapad? And, by the way, by what NAME do you know that strange jedi they just took away? How long has your holocron been in his possession?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:36 am

Sorzus Synn smiles. "The 'blue energy' was the final touches of a ritual to slave the Leviathan to the female's brain, for ease of control. Choking 'Varc' was because of these controls on me," she says gesturing at some out of place wires jacked in to the holocron.

"I never learned a name," Sorzus says, I simply did whatever they asked to avoid pain. I've been in their possession for a few months now, long enough for them to dig me out of the rubble where I was buried, bring me here, and set up this lab."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:12 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:36 am
Sorzus Synn smiles. "The 'blue energy' was the final touches of a ritual to slave the Leviathan to the female's brain, for ease of control. Choking 'Varc' was because of these controls on me," she says gesturing at some out of place wires jacked in to the holocron.
Trixie becomes frightened at the thought of that creature in the other room. She hesitates and asks incredulously, "You mean this Mirialan (Lyriss) and Zyla can control that Leviathan?"
Spoiler:
The strange Jedi growls at the holocron, "Disable her, we just need her and that Mirialan."

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:44 am

Arca has a few thoughts about the holocron he spoke with earlier. He wonders what the AI thinks about that other Sith device, and whether it would be enlightening to bring the holocron aboard the ship and have it speak with the AI. (He has these thoughts knowing full well that the AI is reading his thoughts.)

Return to “The Story”