Arc III - The Few Who Dare

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc III - The Few Who Dare

Post by kanila » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:33 pm

”No reason to get testy. I’m just trying to understand your logic. What’s to say you won’t turn against us the second your revenge has been fulfilled? Or that because we are Jedi you won’t turn and attack us when the mood suits you?”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:23 am

"Nothing. But I have not indicated otherwise, this is an alliance of convenience at most."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:41 pm

"Of course," she says politely. "That would only be rational."

Trixie then steps away and motions Jarc, Waz, and Arca to come closer.
Spoiler:
Not to leave anyone out. I'm not really sure who "our group" consists of at the moment.
"Have you listened to what this holocron has been saying???"

"I created this beast! ....and the others!!!"
"....would have given them worlds as toys!!!"

"I do not know who Sorzus Syn is, but she is either a great liar or he is actually a VERY dangerous being! I think that if we brought it along, and she had an opportunity to get into the hands of a "more worthy' version of Sith, that she'd doom us in an instant! How can we bring her with us???"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:03 am

”But if we leave the holocron AND the ship it becomes a two for one deal for any Sith that’s connected to the one we captured. We pretty much are stuck taking it. And I don’t feel all too comfortable leaving it with the Jedi Temple either. With the chances of a rogue spy running around.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:12 am

Turning to Arca, Trixie asks, "Could we destroy it? Split it with a lightsaber? Or may it still possibly have useful, or even life-saving, information we can extract from it?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:42 am

”Well Sorzus was associated with the Hundred Year Darkness. So her knowledge could prove useful if handled correctly. And destroying the holocron could prove harmful to our health.” Varc says the last bit while rubbing his neck from the memory.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:16 am

The group grabs the holocron, who finally turns herself off, and confers with Jarkyc and Orcam what they plan to do. The group quickly heads out, allowing the soldiers to clean up the last bits of the lab that can be moved easily, before the shuttlecraft collapses the entrances to the cave system.

The group take a shuttle back to the town, and are able to talk with doctor Sagar and goveneror Parhemion about replicating a cure. They think they can get one started, and thank you for your assistance. They let you know that if they can do anything to help you in the future, they will. Do so.

Arriving back on the Fist Against Alsakan, you all head up to the bridge to meet with the Captain. Captain Burgess informs you all that he has taken the offer from Penre into consideration, and doesn't wish to involve his ship or men in a Jedi matter. He will thus not move his ship from orbit for as long as he is carrying Jedi. Nor, he adds, will he allow his smaller vessels to be used either.

"I'm sorry about your friend, but I do not wish to risk my men getting involved in some internal, Jedi succession crisis. I am already taking a risk as it is to hold those two individuals that you captured. Let alone those strange dog creatures you left stunned outside the caverns."

He sighs and shakes his head.

"That being said, I will allow you free passage to and from the planet. However, I cannot allow you to leave this system either, I do not want to implicate my men in your internal issues."

He waves for you all to leave, and heads over to his ready room.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:05 am

Trixie walks over after him. "Captain Burgess!!! How can you let other people suffer???!!! Whether by this sleeping sickness or by tyranny, how can you refuse to let us help? Have you no compassion? Those people need our help!"

"WE ARE JEDI!!! Compassion is our strength. We help those who cannot help themselves. I BEG OF YOU!!! Let us depart! Let us render aid to those in need!!"

Spoiler:
I am coming at this from Trixie's motivation (Cause: Help the helpless) and Emotional Strength (Compassion). I can do a Charm check with Influence, if need be.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:08 pm

Burgess turns back to Trixie. He gestures at the other officers on the deck. "Young lady, my soldiers are also in need of protection. If this man actually did successfully pull off an attack that crippled the Jedi, then I for one do not wish to place my men in harms way for no apparent gain to the Republic or them. Whoever wins this struggle will still be around, and will almost certainly still work with the Republic. As I mentioned, I will look after the two Jedi you captured, I will not be releasing them."

He comes back out of the ready room and stands on deck, using his height in what appears to be an attempt to get Trixie to back down.
Spoiler:
RR and two setbacks

He's standing on the bridge in full view of everyone at the moment.

In full disclosure, a single check may not necessarily convince him to go all in on aiding you, but we'll see based on what you roll. Given you will be using the force to convince him, you may convince him. But the other officers on the bridge...

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:38 pm

Trixie and Burgess push and pull for several minutes, Trixie imploring him to give them aid and Burgess defending his neutrality to keep his people safe.

Several other deck officers appear convinced, although Burgess seems obstinate as ever. [advantages]

He leans in close to Trixie and whispers, "Take a ship then. But if even one of my men gets hurt because of this, I will have your head faster that you can even imagine. You have 20 minutes to make it look like you stole it, and if I catch you you will be locked up." [successes + despair]

Out loud, he shouts. "No, I will not allow you to potentially endanger my officers and crew for a foolhardy plan. Good day."

He turns disgustedly and heads into his ready room. The door locks behind him.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 pm

"I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!!!" Trixie exclaims for all to hear. "You cannot reason with someone like that!"

"Let's go! There's nothing more we can do here."
she says to the others.

She'll whisper as we go, when we are out of earshot of any of the crew, 'We have 20 minutes to make it "look like we stole a ship". But we must not harm ANYONE in the process!"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 pm

”That’s all well and good but who’s gonna fly it? You?”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:23 pm

kanila wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 pm
”That’s all well and good but who’s gonna fly it? You?”

"The Force is my ally and a powerful ally it is! We'll be okay."

"I'm not such a bad pilot, myself, but maybe YOU could give it a try?!?!."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:30 pm

”I’m no pilot. And I’m not gonna pretend to be one either. But if you think you can handle it, that’s probably our only option.”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:38 am

"I will do what I must. How hard can it be?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:45 am

Arca and Varc both get the sense Jarkyc would be willing to help them out, or at least cover for them if needed.

The group all begins to head, with the still unconscious Zyla, toward the hangar bays.
Spoiler:
Figure out either out or in character which ship you're going for

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:30 am

Moving quickly through the labyrinthine corridors of the vessel, the group arrives in a few minutes at the nearest hangar bay, several of the dropships easily in reach. Heading to the nearest one, the group finds it unguarded. Most of the staff is clearly not taking their job that easily.

However, there are two very alert looking guards at the control center, and they have bulkhead doors to the hangar closed. (flipped a Dark Side point ).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:45 pm

Trixie gets a lump in her throat when she sees the bulkhead doors closed. GULP!
She hadn't thought it through this far. Perhaps it is a representation of her youth and inexperience? She looks at the others with grim determination. 'This must be done to help those people' she tells herself.

She motions for the others to go towards the ship. She'll whisper to the others, "Go to the ship and begin to board it. You know, act casual!" Trixie will then move to communicate with the control center (move to within short engaged range, if possible).

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:25 am

"What can we do for you?" one of the guards says, a confused look on his face.

The other gestures at the group, "Do you, uh, need something back down on the planet? We can have a logged flight officer here in a few minutes."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:09 am

"Jedi business......AGAIN." She says a-matter-a-factly. "We have a pilot already assigned to us, thank you. Someone the Captain personally assigned." Trixie will look out towards the transport and try to catch someone's attention. When she does, she'll give that person (or persons) a single hand wave. "Now, if you'll be so kind as to open the bulkhead doors, then we can be on our way when all of our passengers are onboard and the ship is ready for takeoff."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:43 am

This mission is too important to fail without even getting out the door, so to speak, and Trixie feels the need to call on the Darkside to make this happen. Fear overcomes her. She considers the consequences of failure and draws from the Darkside.

But, she is unsure if her ruse is having the desired effect. She waits nervously for a response during this awkward pause. "Er....uh....the bulkhead doors, we need them opened."
Spoiler:
+2 Boosts: Sense Emotions Talent.
Trixie would like to spend the two Darkside Pips for Two Successes, but she already spend a DP to upgrade her roll. By my reading, a character only gets to spend 'one DP per action'. To use DS Pips, a DP gets flipped, she suffers two strain and two conflict for two pips. (First time I've done this with a character.) If a DP can't be flipped to access the DS Pip, then the roll fails.

Trixie Ulan'jani; TotOR; Deception Check w/ DP:
1 Failure, 2 Advantages, 2 Dark Side
1 Success, 2 Advantages, 2 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:01 pm

The two guards look at each other. One of them nods, though. "Sure, opened so you can be on your way." he taps a few keys and the bulkhead opens.

As Trixie walks away, she hears one say "We should probably check with the chief about this."

The other guy says, "Eh, they're Jedi, not like they're gonna do much, I'll check once we go to break in 5 minutes." (two advantages)

Trixie feels a bit of an electric buzz in air, and her pulse picks up a bit. Using the Force that way seems to fill her with a bit of anxious energy.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:54 pm

Inside the shuttle, as everyone else hurries in, Jarkyc helps secure the stretcher that Zyla is on. "Do you need a pilot? I hahd some training bahck in the day."

Lyriss straps herself in, still a little lost in the few hours since she awoke on a medical bed.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:59 pm

”That would be greatly appreciated.”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:22 am

Trixie hurriedly walks towards the transport, but without LOOKING like she is walking hurriedly. ;) Trixie enters the transport appearing anxious and troubled. She does not look directly at anyone and keeps her eyes forward. "Ready for liftoff?" she asks.

The conflict within her about what she just did is occupying her thoughts. Her heart is still racing and she is perspiring slightly. She buckles in.

Return to “The Story”