Arc III - The Few Who Dare

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
crazybirdman
Flyboy

Re: Arc III - The Few Who Dare

Post by crazybirdman » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:45 pm

Zyla sits up, instinctively reaches for her lightsaber and ask 'What happened?' before realizing she sat up too fast. Her body resist and lay back down. 'Where am I?'

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:23 pm

"You are in a BioCorp research facility on Nespis VIII. You were infected by a Sith plague on Galidraan and we brought you here to effect the cure as this is one of the very few places in the galaxy with the equipment required to do so," Arca replies. "What is the last thing that you remember?"

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:18 am

Zyla replies 'A skirmish with odd Jedi and a holocron?', asking as much as she's answering.'Who else is here in this . . facility?'
Last edited by crazybirdman on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:10 am

"We're here, Zyla. The ones who were fighting with you against the Jedi and the holocron." She looks over the where the holocron is.

"The holocron, actually, has been useful in some ways."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:05 am

Syn gives a mock curtsy when Trixie acknowledges her work.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:17 pm

Zyla tries to sit up again, slower this time. 'So where's the fight now?'

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:40 pm

crazybirdman wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:17 pm
Zyla tries to sit up again, slower this time. 'So where's the fight now?'
"No fight. We wait. For the time-being, anyways. Security forces are running a level-by-level check of the facility. As far as I know, we're the only ones here. It is isolated for particularly dangerous contaminants."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:59 pm

As Zyla is caught up, an alarm begins to sound, and a public alert begins to play.

Security breached in lowest level, test subjects ~~bzzzzt~~~ REDACTED ~~~bzzzzt~~~ are loose, security team compromised.

It repeats over and over again.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:00 am

”And with that, ladies and gentlemen, we DO have a fight on our hands.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:10 am

kanila wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:00 am
”And with that, ladies and gentlemen, we DO have a fight on our hands.”
Spoiler:
kanila wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:08 pm
”I understand your concerns, but I think whatever security got this message knows what’s here. They are more than likely capable of handling these creatures and would probably act aggressively to the fact that we are here. It would probably be best if we weren’t here.”
"More than capable of handling these creatures," eh, Varc!!"

"Now we MUST help them!! What level are they currently on?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:04 am

You check the computer, and thanks to the doctor's access you can tell that the things are currently on sublevel 15. Then the system updates, sublevel 14. Then 13. It looks like they're advancing upwards at a rate of about 1 floor a minute. You all are on floor 39, so you have some time until they reach you, you think, based on current travel speeds.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:03 am

Zyla ask, a little exited 'Creatures?How hard can they be to defeat?' She gives her lightsaber hilt a little twirl while she waits

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:58 pm

crazybirdman wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:03 am
Zyla ask, a little exited 'Creatures? How hard can they be to defeat?' She gives her lightsaber hilt a little twirl while she waits
"I think we have no choice but to advance to meet them. If we advance, then at least we meet them on our terms in OUR battleground of choice."

"Zyla, Varc, myself, and Arca.... we should advance to meet them. Jarkyc, Waz, Lyriss, ST-3R ? Stay here in case they get by us or we are unable to stop them. That splits us evenly in numbers."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:01 pm

”It is a threat we will need to deal with either way. Might as well get to it now.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:04 pm

Zyla replies; 'Agreed. You can tell me about these creatures on the way.'

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:03 am

The group heads out the door. It looked to them like the creature would emerge somewhere on the south wing of the building, although given the floors it would need to travel, you all believe you have time to set up an ambush.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:49 pm

You all head down a few floors, going to approximately the location it seems the creatures will emerge on that floor.

Your communicators flair to life as you are setting up the trap.

"It looks like only one of those things is still coming your way, the others broke off," Waz says. "That should let you at least figure out what they are without having to fight them all at once."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:21 pm

"Broke off to go WHERE???" asks Trixie with some concern. She wouldn't want them ambushing the other half of the group while they entangled with but one of these creatures.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:23 pm

"Not up, it looks like they left near the ground floor, or I guess whatever is a "ground floor" on a space station"

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:30 pm

'So we eliminate this one creature, and try to find a weakness that will make it easier to take them all out. Seems pretty straight forward'

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm

Arca can feel the creature coming even as the group can hear floors down below being ripped open.

The group takes up a ring around the trap they have prepared, hoping to dispatch the beast quickly.

After what seems like an eternity, but was only a few seconds, the group can feel the floor they are on start to shake. With a howl, the beast rips apart the floor, random items falling down on it.

It's red skin has rivulets of energy coursing across the surface, as if some of its veins are glowing. Everyone in the group feels the howl inside their head, and what feels like their vitality seems to be leeched out into the creature.
Spoiler:
this isn't mechanical, just flavor

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:42 pm

Zyla, ready to spring the trap and pounce, recoils as the creature dramatically emerges. She mentally admonishes herself, then decides to tap into the force so she isn't caught off guard again.
Spoiler:
Zyla; TotOR; Foresee:
, 4 Light Side

ImageImage

I'm not too familiar with how Force powers work in this game, but I'm imagining I look to the future too see if we end up finding a weakness, or if it has a prefered method of attack we can prepare for?

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:07 am

Zylas mind returns to the now, and she shares what the force showed her, 'I think this beast can somehow access the force and siphon our strength. We can hamper its efforts if that connection can be severed. And obviously, avoid the teeth.' she finishes with a smirk.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:49 am

"Strength-siphoning force beasts are my specialty!!" says the Twi'lek in a brief moment of humor. "Let's hope you're right, Zyla!!"

Trixie takes a step forward and throws back her robe, extending her non-saber-holding hand outward and attempts to hinder this creature's access to the Force.
Spoiler:
Trixie Ulan'jani; TotOR; Suppress Force Power Roll:
, 2 Light Side , 1 Dark Side
ImageImage

Two LS Pips to "...add TWO Failures to FP Checks made against her or any ally within short range."
I plan to Commit a FD to maintain this power with my next action.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:38 pm

the creature lets loose a howl that causes everyone to shiver, and it lurches towards Trixie. It seems to be aware that she is doing something to it.
Spoiler:
It is now engaged with Trixie

Next PC slot is up.

Return to “The Story”