Arc I - Trade Summit on Ruusan

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc I - Trade Summit on Ruusan

Post by kanila » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:00 am

"We have done our best. I'm sure Wanna will be happy to tell you the tale of his Kanak hunt earlier."
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:36 am

"Ah, Kanak is a most delicious dish, I relish the chance to indulge in some. I am glad you-"

The droid cuts off translating again, clearly working on a translation.

"little ones were able to help Wanna feel at home."

Tarbal's massive girth shifts grotesquely as he turns, and he heads to the other Ithorians. The Republic delegation has by this point cleared off of the deck.

After Tarbal has moved away, Curvian asks, "Some of you want to do research, yes? Those of you that stay with me, we will be facilitating the preliminary meeting between the Hutt and Republic delegation, although the main negotiations will start tonight over dinner."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:12 pm

"I will do whatever you deem most useful, Master." Waz'aru says bowing his head slightly.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:10 pm

"I will complete the research that I suggested earlier Master. It would be an injustice to suggest it and not be willing to complete it myself." Varc says with a bow.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:06 am

"You all may decide among yourselves, you each know your strengths and weaknesses better than I do currently."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:10 am

Varc heads toward the holonet relay they used for previous research, and Arca and Waz'aru follow him.

After they head off, Curvian directs ST-3R, Trixie, and Zyla to follow her. She leads you to the conference room where you all had previously met with Wanna upon arrival.

Wanna is seated in the room, along with one of the other Hutts that arrived with Tarbal. B432 stands next to them, and they are flanked by Wanna's guards and a slender Duro. The Hutt you haven't met yet has a thin binder of flimsiplast.

On the other side of the table sit several individuals in Republic garb. One, a Draethos as you all recognize thanks to the fame of Jedi Master Odann-Urr causing the species to the be instantly recognizable to Jedi, has a rather thick stack of flimsiplast sheets in front of him. The other two are a Cathar and a Xexto.

Elder Habat sits at the far side of the table, and gestures for you all to take the seats between the two delegations.

Hrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm/"Let us begin, then. Initial statements, trading of information, and the like"

The Draethos stands, you all can tell it's a she as she speaks. "I am Lyra-san, professor from the Corulag University of Economics." She slides the stack of flimsi over to the Hutts, then takes her seat. "The deal is fairly straightforward. Negotiations on tariffs for our exports to you, and your imports to us. The bulk is about possible farming rights-sharing agreements for planets that border our two polities but aren't inhabited enough to be claimed by either of us."

The Hutt you don't know directs B432 to pick up the flimsi stack, and then has B432 carry the Huttese documents to the other side of the table. The Hutt speaks, and B432 translates.

"The Great Yor-rel the Hutt wishes to in-form you that his de-al is much sim-ple-er than yours, and hopes to use this con-fer-ence to min-i-mize the bur-eau-cra-tic bloat that harms re-la-tions be-tween the Hutts and the Re-pub-lic."

You all introduce yourselves to those you haven't met, and tedious task at this point given the sheer amount of times you've had to do it recently.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Trixie will work with Zyla to create an atmosphere of 'peace, tranquility, and friendliness', taking great care in her tone of voice and body language. She feels confident in her training up to this point and is at ease in performing her duties.
Spoiler:
Trixie; TotOR; Leadership Check with Influence Check:
2 Successes, 4 Advantages, 3 Light Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The 3 LS pips not needed, but could be spent to be either Successes or Advantages. Will spend them as Successes, yielding 5 Successes and 4 Advantages.
Successes = "Extend target’s support for additional scenes." She hopes the affected targets will be helpful to her later.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:23 am

Waz'aru, Varc, and Arca are able to do some research, and over the next few hours they manage to track down a couple of leads.

They learn that the name Sete Penre is one that comes from the many "mutt" languages in the Inner Rim, Colonies, or Mid Rim, the name is definitely not native to the outer rim. (success 1)

Waz'aru's aid also lets you realize that the name is Sith, thanks to Waz'aru's interest in the field. It roughly means "dreams of strength." And it's not very appropriate grammar, so it seems to be made by someone that isn't deeply familiar with the language. (success 2)

ST-3R is unable to really follow or direct the conversation, his lack of experience outside of Jedi relations showing itself. Trixie, however, is able to successfully feel the room and keep things on track. Afterwards, as Wanna leaves, he gives a smile to Trixie, clearly impressed with her skill.

Yorrel and Lyra-San head over the greet the Jedi.

"Master Curvian, you have an excellent student here. Trixie, is it. A pleasure to meet you," Lyra-San says.

The Great Yor-rel the Hutt wishes to com-ple-ment your skill at negotiation."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:12 am

"The pleasure is mine. It is my honor to be of service, Lyra-san." she says as she bows slightly and nods to Yorrel.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:16 pm

"This is certainly a disturbing revelation. We must inform Master Curvian. A wannabe Sith will make this more difficult. We should look more closely at our security."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:49 pm

"Does the bad grammar make him a wannabe Sith or just a devious Sith that wants us to believe he is a wannabe and thus take him less seriously." Waz'aru pauses for a second. "Does that only make sense in my mind?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:53 pm

"Either way someone who is willing to glorify the Sith can't be good for these talks. Who can really say what their end goal is here."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:19 am

Yorrel leaves after the acknowledgement from Trixie.

"How are your studies treating you, Trixie? It is not every day you see this many Padawans together off of Courscant or Dantooine." Lyra says.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:28 am

"Well you two, I think another visit down to the supplies for another check. Maybe I can focus properly this time to use my Farsight ability."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:52 am

"That would probably be for the best. We can't return with only half answers after all."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:42 pm

I'm not even sure if we have half the answers right now. More likely we have doubled our questions."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:19 am
Yorrel leaves after the acknowledgement from Trixie.

"How are your studies treating you, Trixie? It is not every day you see this many Padawans together off of Courscant or Dantooine." Lyra says.
"Our first excursion off-world in some time. Some of these Padawans I've only met recently. This trip will be good for our studies, I believe."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:03 pm

Waz'aru, Varc, and Arca make their way down to the hold, yet again. Several Ithorians, including Clarota, are unloading various foodstuffs and carting them off.

"Well, this is certainly an exciting extension of your studies. And Zyla, I believe, a pleasure to meet you."

"And you," Zyla responds, fidgeting with her clothes and belt.

Lyra shakes both of your hands, and heads out to catch up to the rest of the ambassadors.

Once everyone leaves the room, Curvian says, "It might be beneficial for the four of us to go talk to Senator Tarn. He's notoriously anti-Jedi, and I don't want that getting in the way of any negotiations."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:12 am

Varc approached one of the groups of Ithorians with a friendly smile. "Greetings and salutations. We are hoping to continue our earlier inspections in regards to some of the recent shipments. We would have liked to complete them prior to the diplomats arrivals but have been delayed. Would you be so kind as to point us towards the BioCorps shipments?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:54 am

The Ithorians gesture towards the crates they're opening, and you can see they've pulled out most of the foodstuffs. Beyond the stuff you all tested earlier, you see plenty of other animal products, and things prepared in animal products.
Off Topic
Do you want to do a random selection, or have me list off everything?

You all make your way to the Republic tent.

Merlaux greets you at the entrance. "How can I help you? Are you here to see someone in particular?"

Zyla responds, "We are here to talk to Senator Tarn... if he is able to see us." Zyla quickly rushed the last bit, clearly having almost forgot to respectfully ask.

Merlaux ducks back into the pavillion, then steps out and opens the curtain to allow you entry.

Tarn is sitting at a table, looking through a stack of papers. He has a pipe, and he is smoking some kind of thick, murky substance. The smell permeates the room. He is alone, except for some guards.

He looks up. "Ah, Master Curvian. And... Trixie and Zyla. What is it you want?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:51 am

Having one of the scanners Varc turned to the others. "Since we are on a bit of a tight timeline we should split up our search. I wish we had more time to be thorough, but that just isn'tin the cards right now. Two of us should focus on the food items that while the other goes through the other bits. We can share the results of our searches after. I'll start with the food items that could be used for the diplomatic meeting."

Varc leaves the others to decide where they will search while picking out some of the food products that will be used for the meeting. If the diplomats are being targeted then it will most likely be food and drink that is preferred by those present.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:24 am

Arca, being an expert at pathology, leads the research effort. He quickly sets to work at the nearest computer terminal.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:10 am

"I'm not sure I've been doing this correctly."
Spoiler:
Waz'aru; TotOR; Education Check:
1 Failure, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:30 pm

Arca's scans are incredibly thorough.

He's able to ascertain several microbial elements that are not commonly known (1 success), these elements don't appear to be harmful when run against the immune systems and genetic make up of attendees of the conference (1 success), and they appear to GMOs with an unknown purpose (1 success).
Spoiler:
There isn't really a usage for advantages in a situation like this, but in this specific instance I'll let them be used like a knowledge check, since you have other experienced medics bioresearchers, and the like around you to drop bits of info
BioCorp is known as a GMO producer, commonly tweaking foodstuffs to make them the proprietary right of BioCorp and no one else (Advantages). If Arca wants to analyze the GMO more, it will take a bit more time and he won't get through as much of the foodstuffs he's looking into.

Waz'aru is thoroughly unfamiliar with biotech and is unable to analyze it well.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 am

Varc is unable to ascertain anything beyond basic microbes.

Return to “The Story”