Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:27 am

"Well, if they're smart enough to plan like this, then..." Zyla starts, pausing to think, "the path to this cavern would not be a good ambush site. There's no cover, this would be a poor place to do anything other than a duel or an attack with a fast moving craft."

She gestures around as she talks.

Orcam cuts in. "It looks like the cavern entrance is in a ravine. The entrance closest to us opens up again before actually going fully underground. That will probably be an ambush site, if there is one."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:34 pm

Before going through that first entryway into that open area, Trixie will suggest tossing something forward (a helmet, backpack, glowstick, etc...) meant to elicit a response from the animals, if they are there.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:19 am

"My suggestion, Trixie , is that if we toss something, we may want to try a food item. I've noticed that most animals react to that a little more." Waz'aru suggests as he looks around the area trying to see their possible foes.
"When was the last time we saw a track?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:22 am

Jarkyc points down. "Too many rocks, no good for leaving trahcks."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:25 am

”Why waste time with something that potentially won’t work? Unless you are carrying raw meat that we don’t know about. I’ll go ahead alone. If something or someone is laying in wait we will handle the threat then. Be ready.” Varc readies his lightsaber and begins to step forward. He knew at least one would protest so he didn’t want to give them the chance to stop him.
Spoiler:
Strength: Bravery; Personality: Actions speak louder than words
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:31 am

Trixie shrugs her shoulders and looks to Waz'aru. She admires Varc's courage. She is often too fearful to confront danger head-on.
Spoiler:
Weakness: Weakness, "May let evil persist because it is too difficult to deal with.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:31 am

You all approach the small tunnel that leads into the ravine. Orcam gives you a quick rundown of what it looks like from what the ship tells him.

The group will be entering from the left, and the entire thing is about 115m in length, from end to end. There are some minerals in the stones that are playing havoc with the sensors and don't allow much beyond basic topography.

[I'll describe more of it in character as you get farther into it]

Zyla pulls her lightsaber out and holds it, although she does not ignite it; she moves towards the front, although she lets Varc take point. Jarkyc, Orcam. Ka'ran, and Joral switch their weapons to stun, heading Trixie's suggestion. Carran, who has been silent this whole time, also switches his gun to stun and continues hanging back in the rear of the group.

Carran leans towards Trixie, and whispers, "You look a bit hesitant, don't worry. We're professionals, and you all are in charge. We'll work to keep the bloodshed to a minimum."

Jarkyc follows in behind Varc, staying close with him. His eyes are peeled.

The walls of the ravine stretch about 5 to 10 meters up, varying along the length of the ravine. Down near the end, Varc sees what, interestingly, looks just like the entrance to the cave he saw in his brief vision on the way to the planet.

[Perception from Varc, please: Hard check upgraded once. 1 setback and 1 boost as well. ]

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:16 am

While scanning the tunnel entrance, the droid begins to process "Ummm, you organics are the raw meat to lure the beast out". Cautiously warning the adjacent padawans, "The unknown creatures may attempt to gain a elevated cliff advantage. Stay sharp" in a low volume. As Varc boldly takes lead, ST-3R starts to closely cover him with his Model 77.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:53 am

Watching the terrain, Varc makes his way forward. He attempted to keep some distance between himself and the rest of the group to ensure that he would be targeted first. Whether it would pay off or not was another question though. Seeing the entrance he slowed his movements down in order to get a better eyes on it.
Spoiler:
Varc ; Perception :
2 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:53 pm

[each square is around 5meters, for reference]

Around 50 meters in, on the southern wall, Varc catches a brief glimpse of two dark figures. He also sees three of them on the northern side of the ravine

[as you both see each other, Cool check for Varc, Jarkyc, and the Tuk'ata. Everyone else roll vigilance, and put it in the OOC thread]

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Using the comlink, Varc spoke with the others as he slowly made his way forward. ”I’ve spotted five creatures. Two to the south and three to the north side of the ravine. It certainly feels like we are being guided into a trap. As of now I believe I’m the only one they can see. I will stop a short ways in to see how they will react and to give you a chance to move to a more advantageous position.”

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:47 pm

The three on the north wall begin to move closer.

They appear cautious to Varc, slowly moving forward despite the lack of good cover between them and you.

Spoiler:
One maneuver closer.

Assuming Varc used one maneuver, then they're one maneuver from him

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:16 am

Waz'aru knew through his Farsight ability there were creatures ahead of them, but he also knew that deep down it was the Dark Side that had given him the warning and that would niggle at his brain for sometime to come. For the moment though it mattered little which Side of the Force gave him the warning there were others counting on him to do what was required. Stepping forward into the ravine he closed to within a couple meters of Varc, keeping the stun pistol at the ready, just in case it was needed.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:43 am

Once Varc confirmed the presence of guardians, ST-3R rushes beside Waz'aru to acquire a tactical angle on the creatures inside the ravine. "Why didn't that humanoid retreat back to our coverfire!" it thought, just before aiming.
Spoiler:
1x maneuver forward & 1x maneuver aiming

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Jarkyc moves up with the rest.

He whispers through his comm, "I'm gonna take the shot, draw them in."
Spoiler:
Jarkyc; TotOR; Attack:
1 Success, 0 Advantage, 1 Despair,

ImageImageImageImageImage

9 damage
The shot hits the nearest Tuk'ata, but the gun sparks and Jarkyc drops it. "Crahp!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:03 am

Carran leans towards Trixie, and whispers, "You look a bit hesitant, don't worry. We're professionals, and you all are in charge. We'll work to keep the bloodshed to a minimum."
"Carran, you wouldn't happen to have an extra stun weapon on you, would you? I could use one. These aren't the stunning training sabers we used to have." Trixie pulls an unlit lightsaber from her belt in one hand. She stays back with Carran.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:42 pm

"I'm not good with guns, but if you have one I'd like one too," Zyla says. She reconnects her lightsaber to her belt.

Carran rummages through and pulls out blaster rifles for Trixie and Zyla, noting where the stun switch is as he does.

Ka'ran, Orcam, and Joral move up with the rest and wait to see how the Tuk'ata react to Jarkyc's shot.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Arca draws and readies his own rifle, while remaining with the cargo sled.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:26 pm

The southern Tuk'ata audibly growl, and both of them move forward.

The creatures seem visibly upset that the group noticed them.

One of them lets loose a howl.

Everyone within short range of it feels as if something is crawling in their skull, the howl being painfully sharp.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:01 pm

Arca takes careful aim at the closest Tuk'ata in the southern group and gently squeezes the trigger of the unfamiliar weapon he's holding.

Spoiler:
Maneuver: second aim (carrying over from previous round)

Arca Gavalun; Tales of the Old Republic; aimed attack:
0 Success, 4 Advantages

Arca Gavalun; Tales of the Old Republic; correction:
1 Success, 1 Advantage

Set trigger: +1 success, +1 threat.
Net result: 2 Success, 4 Advantages

Damage: 8 stun (strain). Pierce 4 punches through any soak unless they have insane armor.
SmartTranq ammo: Creature must make an average Resilience check. Failure means the target suffers 5 additional strain + 2 strain per disadvantage rolled.

Using 3 advantage to pass 2 boosts to the next player.
Using 1 advantage to "Notice a single important point in the ongoing conflict".

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:49 am

The Tuk'ata that howled lets out a gurgle and staggers briefly, but still stands.
Spoiler:
Tuk'ata; TotOR; REsilience:
0 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:01 am

The northern Tuk'ata growl as they see one of their own get shot, and leap towards Jarkyc and those standing near him.

The injured one goes for Jarkyc:
Spoiler:
Tuk'ata; TotOR; attack jarkyc:
3 Successes, 1 Advantage

8 damage, pierce 2, so 5 damage done to Jarkyc
Jarkyc grunts in pain.

The next one goes for Varc:
Spoiler:
Tuk'ata; TotOR; attack varc (made a mistak):
0 Success, 4 Advantages

giving two boost to next dog
In works to attack, but fails.

The final dog, clearly seeing something off about the droid, goes hard for the Forceless creature:
Spoiler:
It too seems unable to actually take down its prey, a fact that seems to viscerally upset the Tuk'ata.

To thsoe that successfully recalled info about the Tuk'ata, their understanding of the Tuk'ata as pack hunters makes the irregular tactics seem strange.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:03 am

Varc grits his teeth and lashes out at the Tuk’ata that attacked him. His anger beginning to boil over.
Spoiler:
Varc; Lightsaber :
2 Successes, 2 Advantages

6 dmg + 2 for successes - soak (-10 for Breach 1)
2 advantage activate Crit =
Varc ; Crit:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+0=96

Crippled: One of the target’s limbs (selected by the GM) is crippled until healed or replaced. Increase difficulty of all checks that require use of that limb by one.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:32 pm

Trixie is unsure about shooting into melee with her allies engaged, but is too concerned to keep her distance. She advances and takes a guarded stance hoping to gain a clear shot at a stray Tuk'ata.
Spoiler:
Incidental: switch to stun
Maneuver: medium to short
Maneuver: (+2 Strain) take a Guarded Stance (+1 SB to incoming Melee attacks)

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Waz'aru quickly raises the heavy pistol and fires at the leaping creature, narrowly missing due to his inexperience with small arms.
Spoiler:
Waz'aru; TotOR; Range Light:
1 Failure, 2 Advantages

Image from ImageImage to the next player.
One strain from previous Discipline roll.

Return to “The Story”