Arc IV -Spacecity Madness

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc IV -Spacecity Madness

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:30 pm

Arca reaches out and can tell that inside the room are several people who are thinking a lot of nervous thoughts about proper handling of dangerous materials. Their thoughts race through specific handling protocols, but they seem incredibly anxious and jittery.

Trixie heads up the stairs, the door is unlocked and ajar. Glancing inside, she can see that the place was ransacked recently.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:20 pm

Arca informs his companions of what he "sees".

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:58 pm

'So it sounds like we can get answers, but also possibly startle them too much?' Zyla looks over her shoulder toward the droids 'Hey, do you know if the people in here ever leave? or take a meal break?'

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:31 am

The droid that had been talking to her sighs, something you don't often hear droids programmed to do. "Meatbag, obviously. They work there, they can't stay there like a drunk friend. Honestly, your inability to understand basic concepts is worrying."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:28 pm

Zyla resist the urge to slice this droid in half, and says to Arca 'So do we just go in calmly and hop for the best?'

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:32 am

Arca replies deadpan, "That is certainly preferable to going in rashly and not caring about the consequences."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:48 am

"Looks like the upstairs room for "C.T.", our person in-question, has been ransacked. Someone else has been looking for him, too, it seems."

"So, it looks like 'down' is the place to go? What did the droids have to say?"

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:25 pm

'The droids have been, reasonably helpful. That's how we found out people go in, but they don't come out.' Zyla says, pointing at the door/

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:44 am

crazybirdman wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:25 pm
'The droids have been, reasonably helpful. That's how we found out people go in, but they don't come out.' Zyla says, pointing at the door/
"A door no one comes out of? How curious!!"

"Sounds like THIS is a place where you'd find missing persons!!"

Trixie says this and brings her lightsaber to hand. "Let's go, then!"

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 am

Zyla motions for her to slow down 'Well, first of all, it's locked. I have the code, but there are several nervous, fidgety scientist on the other side. We don't want anyone to get injected accidentally.' them Zyla enters the code, but doesn't open the door just yet.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:40 pm

Zyla enters the room after announcing herself in her most calming tone; 'Hello? Just here for a routine check in'

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:58 am

the group of scientists jump, one of them nearly jabbing a syringe filled with strange liquid into the arm of the one next to it.

"What?! Who!?" They shout, clearly confused.

Zyla, though, seems to have entered and spoke calmly enough that nothing bad has yet happened.

One of them, a young man in a lab coat with large rubber gloves on past his elbows, stammers out, "Who sent you? What are you doing here?"

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:39 am

"Those are both excellent questions, but first, we are going to need some answers from you.Don't worry, we wouldn't hav known the code and the exact location of this place if we weren't supposed to be here."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:11 am

"You don't show some ID soon we're going to call security," the man shoots back. [2 threats]

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:22 pm

"It's okay, we're supposed to be here." says Trixie with a bit of uneasiness. The scene of these nervous people giving each other shots of some serum makes her queasy. They don't really buy her story.
Spoiler:
Trixie Ulan'jani; TotOR; Discipline vs Discipline :
0 Success, 5 Advantages, 2 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
Looks like with THIS power that I need a success and a LS Pip to make it work.
I think I read that right. I don't believe the Pips count as successes in this case.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:50 am

'No need to call security' Zyla says, trying to de-escalate the situation 'That will just get back to Lan, and we are here on his authority.'
Spoiler:
Zyla; Spacecity Madness; Charm 2: Charm harder, with boost die and Falleen upgrade:
3 Successes, 2 Advantages, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ugh, forgot the bad dice, sorry...

0 Success, 3 Threats

ImageImageImage

assuming the success stops them from panicking and believing we belong here, can the Triumph be that they are cool now, and we can get the info we came for?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:55 pm

"Well why didn't you say so to begin with?" the man asks, "Or why not use the intercom?" He shakes his head. "So what is this issue? We haven't heard anything from the higher ups for a while, just that Lan was taking over briefly. Is there something going on, does Republic Survey Corps need an update on the drug synthetization process?

You notice one of the scientists in the back, an older man, seems to still not trust you all. [threat]

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:39 pm

Trixie shoots a glance at Arca.

'drug synthetization process?' she whispers.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:54 am

Arca replies to the young man wearing a lab coat, "I cannot speak for the Survey Corps, but the Jedi Order would very much like a full report on the drug synthetization process." He does the finger wave thing, "You should give me all of the details."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:54 pm

"Are you trying a mind trick on me? " he asks incredulously. "If you're really here for Lan then you have the authority to request the files. Until then you don't get to see them."

Another scientist, a woman, further in the back, has a worried look on her face and Arca notices she starts surreptitiously copying files onto a datapad as she makes eye contact with him.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Arca whispers to Trixie, "Please distract him while I attempt to have a quiet chat with another researcher who I feel may be amenable to helping us."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 am

"Oooohhhhhh, right Arca. I think I do have some notes here on my datapad about the situation Lan explained." She makes like Arca's whisper was about another matter and begins to rummage through her pack to find a datapad (one with no such information on it). She then bobbles it clumsily and drops it to the ground opposite of where Arca intends to go. "Well....uh.... I took some notes, I think. Here' have a look," she says as she waves people over (Force Influence) to the area of dropped datapad.

She receives no sense of their emotional state, which makes her nervous, but is able to compel the force to persuade the weak-minded.
Spoiler:
Cunning 2. DP Flip.
+2 Boost Dice for Sense Emotions Talent.
Difficulty (RP) from Arca's last Discipline vs Discipline difficulty.
Spending 4 Pips to get them all to come over

Trixie Ulan'jani; TotOR; Deception Check w/ LS + Influence:
0 Success, 1 Advantage, 4 Light Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:44 pm

The group all flock around her, they seem willing to see what she has.

Meanwhile, Arca is able to move over towards the woman in the back. She whispers, "Here are the results. This is insane what they're having us do, and the pretense of "creating a disease to pre-emptively create a cure" never struck me as accurate for this project." She hands him the data.

She then jogs over to join her coworkers.

Trixie pulls up the access they have from Lan, but one the scientists rudely points out it doesn't include this facility's database. The young one taps his foot and demands that they all leave soon.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:09 pm

'Probably for the best, the droids have probably finished my lunch order anyway.' Zyla says

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:27 pm

Arca flips through the datapad as the group hastily leaves.

From what he can see, it looks like there are preliminary efforts being done to turn the contagion into an aerosolized form that can be loaded in munitions. It appears that these scientists don't know about the nasty side effects of either of the two types of contagions, though, there are not notes on the monsters or sleeping effects, only effects related to "strengthening muscle fiber and bone structure."

Return to “The Story”