Arc III - The Few Who Dare

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Arc III - The Few Who Dare

Post by Doctor Who » Fri May 15, 2020 4:43 pm

You all cannot see Orcam's face under the helmet, but his voice sounds incredibly concerned. "We received a brief report from Ossus, something exploded inside the Academy and released some kind of bioweapon. The entire academy fell unconscious, along with a large chunk of the surrounding area. The Republic biohazard protocols have already been initiated, sealing off Ossus from any travel at least for the next few weeks."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Arc III - The Few Who Dare

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat May 16, 2020 4:28 am

"The 'bioweapon' on Ossus is highly likely to be the same illness that was tested here. Which we now have a cure for."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat May 16, 2020 3:21 pm

"Does anyone thing someone should go back and check on that beast? I don't like how the place has been shaking lately." Waz'aru says to his fellows after Arca vaccinates them.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat May 16, 2020 3:34 pm

”I should probably give you your lightsaber back. I can just use one of the newly acquired ones for now.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat May 16, 2020 4:42 pm

Waz'aru holds out the 3 sabers, "Pick one, or even three." He says with a chuckle.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 16, 2020 6:24 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:42 pm
Waz'aru holds out the 3 sabers, "Pick one, or even three." He says with a chuckle.
"I shall take one, Waz'aru. One may be able to learn about one's adversary by their lightsaber. I would hope to study it."

Then, in a whispered voice, she inquires of Waz. "That transmission. "Eradicate the Sith"....."will give you power"...."face the consequences'....."criminal scum"...… No wonder it is FORMER jedi knight Sete Penre."

"We surely need to return to Ossus with a cure, but I don't think Penre will want us there. Didn't we hear something of that name back with the Ithorians on the herdship? Are there other academies we can also go to?"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri May 22, 2020 10:05 pm

"Actually Trixie, I never met the other Jedi on the Herdship, I was unconscious at the time. Although I do remember so discussion afterwards that mentioned a Sete and a Gil." He reminds her. Then looking to Arca. "Hey Doctor Jedi, can we get the antidote mass produced somehow? Or maybe at least spread the formula, whatever you call it to as many people as possible?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue May 26, 2020 12:58 am

While waiting for Arca's response, the group notices a flood of Republic soldiers flooding off of the landing craft and heading to the shuttle that the strange Jedi had been planning to escape on.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue May 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Trixie will bring up the subject of Sete when the group joins back together.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed May 27, 2020 6:26 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:05 pm
... looking to Arca. "Hey Doctor Jedi, can we get the antidote mass produced somehow? Or maybe at least spread the formula, whatever you call it to as many people as possible?"
"I believe that it could be mass-produced. It will require access to Lyriss, a high-grade lab, and an amount of time for which I cannot give you an estimate."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu May 28, 2020 11:28 pm

The holocron gatekeeper, still inexplicably active, is watching the group intently, arms crossed and tapping her foot.

Jarkyc stays with the group, hoping to discuss the goings on with Trixie and the others. "So whaht exahctly is wrong with Zyla, Ahrca? Is it contahgious"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu May 28, 2020 11:56 pm

Arca responds, "Yes, it is contagious. She is ... was infected with the pathogen that has afflicted the colonists on this planet."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:09 pm

Jarkyc nods.

One of the other soldiers calls for Orcam, and he wanders off, leaving the Jedi and Jarkyc alone with the holorcron and an unconscious Zyla.

"So do we have a plahn?" Jarkyc asks conspiratorily? "Try to work on producing the cure or look into this Sete person? I would love to test my skills against a Jedi, even a former one."

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:29 pm

"Producing vaccine, of course," Arca responds.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:58 pm

"Given the nature of that recording, are we sure that the Republic forces will be willing to help us?" ST-3R asks. "They did, after all, seem completely content bombing the surface of this planet on very little evidence."

Spoiler:
soon, soon, i can stop having 4 NPCs with the group, lol

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:06 am

”Well we can focus on what to do next once this is cleared up.” Varc nods to the others before starting to head towards where the soldiers are searching. (If Varc can help he will search as well)
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:43 pm

The soldiers have gotten the cabinet open that Varc had been unable to open. They're currently sorting through its contents, which appear to be various medical supplies and kits, along with password-locked datapads.

the front of the shuttle is just a pilot's seat, and two of the soldiers have a droid brain plugged into the ship's navicomputer and are dissecting its travels.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:40 pm

"I wonder where this shuttle has been!" exclaims Trixie in an inquisitive voice. "Maybe that will yield so clues as to where to go from here?"

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:13 pm

The soldiers glance up and see if Varc wants to help them sort the stuff.

Trixie is informed that it will take a few minutes, the navicomputer appears to have been given a mild encryption, nothing difficult but a little time consuming.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Waz'aru wanders over to the other ship to start exploring it.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:31 pm

The other ship sits, clearly not active.

It has a massive front face window in the center of the orb. The fins coming off the side are huge, dwarfing the central orb in size. There is a mounting on the wall to hold the sphere in place so as to not crush the sensor cluster that comes out of the bottom of the ship.

A moveable set of stairs is in place on the back, leading up to an open porthole where the cables that can be seen going into the wall begin.

Moving into the ship, it looks to Waz like it can hold up to 9 people, although without any room to walk around. The ship doesn't appear to have any easily accessible controls, but there is a panel right in front of the window on the ground, next to a depression in the floor that looks like some kind of meditation platform.

The lights come in the ship as Waz enters, and the panel on the ground lights up.

The holocron guardian turns to watch Waz and lets out a sigh that Arca can hear while he is finishing up with Lyriss.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:24 pm

"Well this is interesting." Waz'aru says quietly as he enters. Noticing the panel light up, he moves up next to it, but opposite the depression to study it more.
Spoiler:
@Doctor Who Markings of any kind on the panel?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:00 pm

Spoiler:
The ship is laid out like a sphere, so the depression is surrounded by the seats, you have to stand in it to get to the window and the panel on the ground close to the window
The markings are in Sith, Waz recognizes. It looks like some kind of ship control console to him, although he can't read the text flashing by on the screen, nor the text marking the buttons.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:28 am

Varc kneels down and begins sorting the contents.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:39 am

Waz'aru looks down at the symbols, thinking that he really should study the Sith language a little more so he'd actually remember what the glyphs meant. Reaching for the helmet he had slung over his shoulder, he dons it and restudies the control panel.

Return to “The Story”