Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#401

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:16 pm

The droid in Varc's hand lets out another comm pulse that ST-3R picks up again. It attempts to use its needle, but it is facing away from Varc's palm and does nothing.




Lyriss makes it to the door, and she sees it's closed with an airtight seal. There's a keypad instead of a handle on the door.
Spoiler:
So, below 50 is it will just work for you, above you'll need to do some work.
wouldn't you like to know; TotOR; hmmmmm:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+0=19
Luck, or rather the Force, appears to be on your side.

She interacts with it, and it fritzes out for just a moment. Then the door unlocks and swings open, into a massive cave tunnel. No lights illuminate it, but she can see from the lights in the lab behind her that it's dry and apparently has a flattened floor.

Behind her, she hears the lab tech gasp again, and glancing back she sees that the light on the computer has lit up. He grabs a comm out of his pocket and shouts nervously, "Something is wrong in the leviathan room! Th-the droids are reporting a disturbance near the well! And the test subject has escaped! Someone help!"


Varc responds to Zyla, "I think I have it. Some kind of needle just shot out from it, but it was facing away from my hand."

ST-3R continues examining the droid on the ground. "It appears to have some kind of vial within it, to hold something. This one appears to have been empty, though."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

Illuminotter
Mercenary
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 am

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#402

Post by Illuminotter » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:47 pm

Lyriss keeps running down the cavernous hall as quickly as her legs can carry her, using the blue light of her saber to guide her through the darkness of the tunnel

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2372
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#403

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:15 pm

"I can vouch for the needle, as it's between two of my fingers. It's probably sharp and hardened enough to punch through ST-3R's hand."

User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#404

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:02 am

Lyriss hears some shouting from behind her, but she doesn't see anyone from the light of her blade.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

Illuminotter
Mercenary
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 am

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#405

Post by Illuminotter » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:28 pm

Lyriss keeps running ahead, not even daring to try and peer through the darkness behind her to see who was chasing her now.

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2372
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#406

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 am

Waz'aru grips the droid with his other hand. I'm going to move this thing out of my hand. Does someone have something that can be used to patch my suit? Although I've probably been exposed to whatever pathogen there is out here."

User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#407

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:59 am

Zyla ignites her lightsaber.

"Hold it still Varc, I'll disable its repulsor so it can't get anywhere."
Spoiler:
Zyla; TotOR; attack the droi:
3 Successes, 2 Threats, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Next person to do a check gets to upgrade it once.
She dances her lightsaber across the bottom of the droid, and Varc immediately feels the pressure loosen.


The droid in Waz's hand struggles, and ST-3R picks up another pulse.


The other soldiers, seeing the droid is basically inert, take it from Varc and start looking over it.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#408

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:06 am

Seeing Zyla disable the droid's repulsor, Trixie attempts to do the same to the droid in Waz's hand. She drops the scanner and draws her lightsaber. Igniting it, she cuts off the repulsor portion of the droid in Waz' hands.
Spoiler:
Trixie Ulan'jani; TotOR; Lightsaber Strike:
4 Successes, 0 Advantage, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

TRIUMPH: upgrade next character's check!

User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#409

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:45 pm

Arca walks to the soldiers and manages to open the droid. Inside is a glass reservoir, but it is empty. He knows Varc wasn't stabbed, given the way he caught it. None of the soldiers were stabbed in the hands as they avoided the opening with the needle.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#410

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:46 pm

The now deconstruted droid in Arca's hands is clearly offline, leaving only one active droid.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#411

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:51 pm

ST-3R suddenly says, "I believe I can replicate the signal, if we want to continue making it appear that the droids are operational. Would that be a proper course of action?"
Spoiler:
ST-3R; TotOR; Computer check to copy signal:
1 Failure, 5 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

He's gonna try again next time with 2 more boosts.

Varc shrugs, "I think it's probably not a bad idea, unless that signal is supposed to wake something up?"

He looks back towards the pit.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#412

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:40 pm

"WAIT!!! What if they are signaling an alarm?!?!??? What if they are relaying information about US back to someone???"

"We were fine before the droids showed up, we'll be fine with them non-operational."

User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
Posts: 4861
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:22 pm
Location: Florida Space Coast

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#413

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:48 am

Arca agrees with Trixie, "No signals were detected prior to them attacking us, or us interfering with them. From that I surmise that they are warning someone or something else, and probably summoning additional droids ... or worse. Replicating the signal would do two things that are ill-advised. One is that it would reinforce the alert, and second is that it would likely inform them that we have tapped into their comms."

User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#414

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:58 am

Jarkyc begins to clean up the smashed one and deposits it in his bag.

The one in Waz's hand lets out another pulse that ST-3R detects.

Zyla asks, "Do we want to look more at that computer over there then?"

Lyriss can hear the sound of feet pounding behind her, and some shouting. The cavern walls are starting to get less well-formed around her.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2372
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#415

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:18 am

"Zyla, I warn you now it's not easy getting over there. I could feel the pressure trying to keep me away, my tail still tingles from the electricity in the air. The beast in the pit is a horror too." Waz'aru hands the immobilized droid to Jarkyc, "Probably should keep these together, watchout the needle still works."

User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#416

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:26 pm

ST-3R complies with Trixie and Arca's suggestion. "Should we head down the other tunnel then, try to find what this droid may have been communicating with?"

Varc looks over at the pillars, having a chance for the first time to look over them.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
Posts: 4861
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:22 pm
Location: Florida Space Coast

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#417

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:15 pm

Arca replies to the droid, "It is a better plan than remaining here to await what may come."

User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#418

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:45 pm

Zyla nods to Arca's suggestion, and pulls her lightsaber out as she walks towards the exit of the room. She coughs as she does, and her whole body seems to tense up.
Spoiler:
Could Arca make me a check. Trixie isn't in the right position to do so (as she went towards Waz), and Waz is busy handing the droid to Jarkyc.

ST-3R is also going to make the check, but he's an NPC so meh.

Hard perception, Arca and ST-3R get a boost.
Jarkyc takes the droid, making sure to avoid anywhere the needle could get him, and attempts to open it as Arca did. He is unable to work with it, however, and keeps a hold on it.
Spoiler:
Jarkyc; TotOR; mechanics:
1 Failure, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ST-3R detects another pulse from the droid.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#419

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:01 am

Lyriss arrives at a fork in the tunnel. 1 path goes straight onwards, two other paths to her left go the opposite direction.

From the middle one, she can hear walking and the crunch of several pairs of boots, not hurrying though. She can somewhat make out a dull glow from some kind of light source.

She doesn't hear any noises from behind her at the moment.


The group heads out of the cave. Zyla, despite her coughing fit earlier, walks out in front with Varc, both of them with lightsabers on as both a defense and a lightsource. The soldiers take up the rear, helping with the stretcher Arca has.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#420

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Lyriss turns off her blade and backs up into the shadows, waiting to see what is in the tunnel.
Spoiler:
Can someone give me a group Perception roll, hard with 1 setback die.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2372
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#421

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:07 pm

Waz'aru walking a step behind Varc and Zyla peers into the dark tunnel ahead of them, swearing that it suddenly got just a little bit darker than it was before and something may have moved into the shadowed edges.
Spoiler:
Waz'aru; TotOR; Perception :
1 Success, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Um...guys? I'm pretty sure something move into that shadowed area over there." He says as he points the borrowed saber in the direction and ignites it?

User avatar
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith
Posts: 4861
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:22 pm
Location: Florida Space Coast

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#422

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:46 am

Arca focuses his senses on the area indicated by Waz and detects the presence in the Force of the person attempting to hide in the shadows. Loudly enough to be heard by that hidden person, he says, "I sense the presence in the shadows. As we do not intend harm to anyone, they should leave the shadows and return to the light. We are Jedi."


User avatar
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#423

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Lyriss ignites her blade, held to illuminate rather than in an aggressive position.

"Other Jedi here? Where are we? What exactly is going on?"

She doesn't immediately move forward though.

You all can see the hospital gown on her, and the pile of clothes held under one arm.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Currently in Grad School, so if I go dark for a day, just a heads up it may just be a crazy day.

User avatar
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 2372
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 am
Location: Gulf Coast, FL

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#424

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:31 am

Waz'aru lowers and deactivates the blade, realizing she is not a threat and enough other sabers were lit as to not need another at present. "Why the gown? Are you hurt?"

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

#425

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:00 am

"I am Trixie Ulan'jani and these are my friends. Are you okay? Where did you come from?"says Trixie as she moves one step closer trying to generate a positive emotion of friendliness.
Spoiler:
Boost from Sense Emotion Talent.
Trixie; TotOR; Charm Check (Influence):
1 Success, 3 Advantages, 3 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

It might be a rather insignificant roll, but I think it is something Trixie would do. If there is a difficulty, then she did not come across very well if there are a few failures. --- (she cannot us DS Pips for a positive effect like friendliness)
"What is your name?" she asks.

Yet, in this dark place she feels a bit uneasy, as if the force is calling her to be distrustful. Perhaps the taint of this place makes everyone distrustful of others? she thinks to herself.

Post Reply

Return to “The Story”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest