Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc II - Fill the Land With Smoke

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:59 am

"Straight ahead. Long distance."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:58 pm

Zyla moves back to the group, away from the robot she was looking at.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:36 pm

Waz'aru gives a final glance at the twisted metal at their feet. "So, we have pieces of a destroyed ship, a couple of ancient droids and some kind of unknown life form. I say we go make it a known life form."

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:44 am

ST-3R moves straight ahead long distance to scan.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:47 am

The darkness of the cavern presses in on you as you move forward.

In the front, ST-3R and Jarkyc push forward, ST-3R using thermal imaging to check for anything while Jarkyc keeps his light up on the path. About halfway to where the object the detected lifesign was on is located, an audible hum fills the room, almost like a generator coming on.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:50 am

”That can’t be a good sign.” Varc turns to face the closest of the droids.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:56 am

They're too far away to be seen at the moment without heading over towards them a short distance.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:29 am

Jarkyc looks around, trying to ascertain the direction the sound came from.
Spoiler:
jarkyc; TotOR; perception to locate source of sound:
2 Failures, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

If anyone else wants to roll, it's average with 2 setbacks for the echo in the cave.
However, the echo combined with his surprise means he's unable to locate precisely where it came from.

The other guards ready their weapon and let go of the hoversled. They face outwards from the group, giving them a good spread if anything were to approach.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:37 am

Varc strains to also hear And can barely pick up a direction. ”I think the sound is coming from this direction.”
Spoiler:
Varc ; Perception :
1 Success, 3 Threats

Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Trixie uses the general purpose hand scanner again to detect electronic signatures.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:05 pm

Varc can faintly tell that the sound seems to have originated in the direction they are heading.

Trixie, starting her scan in the direction Varc points, is quickly able to detect that some kind of powered generator has started, and in a similar location to where the lifeform was detected. It also detects more activity from the droids.

At that moment, A series of floodlights, suspended from the ceiling, flare on, illuminating the group and revealing a pathway through rubble and shards of metal that leads to the wreckage of a massive, ancient ship, half-buried in rubble. A massive hole gapes in the side nearest the party, stretching several dozen meters long and high, is framed by a much newer looking scaffolding. Stairs lead up to the top of the scaffolding, criss-crossing in front of the hole.

About halfway to the top of the scaffolding stands a short, Devaronian male. Clad in all black clothing, from jacket to pants to shirt, he holds some metallic object in his left hand. Three large red stones glisten on chains around his neck, crackling with some kind of internal energy. Next to him is a large generator-like device, with massive cables coming out of it and running up towards the ceiling.

He leaps off the scaffolding, descending down to the ground. As he does, the item in his left hand flares to life, a yellow-bladed lightsaber.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:51 pm

Arca draws and ignites his own, green-bladed, saber.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:27 pm

Trixie switches out the scanner for her lightsaber. She does not ignite it. Trixie wonders what they have done to draw the ire of this individual. She contemplates trying to reason with him to avoid violence. (i.e. "Influence" him when she gets a turn.)

"An attempt to parlay may be wise," she thinks. (and, given her nature, it could avoid conflict.) "Gaining information and time would be beneficial to the situation." Her mind races to think of something to say quickly that would halt or delay this confrontation.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:41 pm

ST-3R rapidly turns to face the short Devaronian male who just made an rather impressive entrance. As the unknown individual ignites his yellow lightsaber, the defensive programming of ST-3R readily points the staff at the Devaronian, prepared to protect the party. Boldly, the droid states "I am ST-3R, a rider v.3 security droid in service to the Jedi Order, and these are my companions. Our unannounced arrival means no hostilities. You've only discovered us on a collaborative relief mission with the Republic for the citizens of Galidraan. Are you ill or injured at all?".

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:21 am

Waz'aru makes a quick decision and tosses his saber to Varc."Varc! Since yours is busted, I'll use the pistol."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:13 am

Catching the lightsaber that was tossed to him he gives it a quick rotation to get a feel for its balance before igniting it and stepping forward towards the possible threat.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Zyla pulls her blade out and ignites it, moving to stand beside Varc. Jarkyc trains his weapon on the Devaronian, while the other four soldiers keep theirs trained on the droids.

The figure advances towards the group, speaking as he reaches only a short distance from the group

"The tuk'ata were supposed to subdue you, but I guess it's up to me. Seize them!" he shouts, and you all see the three large droids creak to life and advance towards you.
Spoiler:
Initiative time now

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:50 pm

Not wanting to give this unknown assailant the advantage of the first strike Varc quickly closed the distance and lashed out.
Spoiler:
Varc ; Lightsaber attack:
4 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:09 pm

The Devaronian partially blocks Varc's slice.
Spoiler:
Parry 3, so 3 strain and 5 damage mitigated.

your saber does 6, correct? So with 4 additional damage, and the parry, it does 5 damage.

Take 1 strain Varc

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:16 pm

As the figure reacts, one of the three glowing red stones around his neck flashes and goes dim.
Spoiler:
His adversary rating is now 2 for a [redacted] amount of time
The padawans can all feel the dark side of the force welling up around him, and they can see little sparks of red energy leaping off his skin and crackling around his body now.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Zyla darts forward, towards the figure, and swings at him.
Spoiler:
Zyla; TotOR; cutting time:
1 Success, 1 Advantage

Zyla; TotOR; cutting time forgot defense:
0 Success, 0 Advantage

7 damage, minus 5 so 2.
Despite his now faster reflexes, Zyla manages to land a hit.

as before, the figure works to block the attack, deflecting most of the force of Zyla's swing.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:33 am

Noting Varc and Zyla start to apply pressure upon the aggressive Devaronian, ST-3R quickly decides to protect their flank by rushing the presently activating battle droids. As it's rapid metallic chrome legs rush into combat, the cortosis staff ignites, and ST-3R swings downward fiercely into the ancient droid's chassis.
Spoiler:
2x maneuvers to engage, -2 strain for the action.
ST-3R; Melee:
3 Successes, 0 Advantage, 1 Triumph,

Damage 11, Breach 1, and I'll activate a crit w/ triumph
ST-3R; Crit:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+0=15
Sudden Jolt:The target drops whatever is in hand

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:58 am

Trixie forcefully addresses the Devaronian as the conflict begins, igniting her lightsaber as she does so. "This conflict will NOT go well for you, Devaronian! Reconsider your options!"
Spoiler:
Influence
Range(5): Short
Control (10): Opposed Disc vs Disc check with Influence Check. “Force the target to adopt an emotional state or believe something untrue for 1R-5min” Lasting 1R or 5 minutes.

Trixie; TotOR; Discipline vs Discipline INFLUENCE Power Check:
4 Successes, 1 Advantage, 2 Light Side , 1 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Opposed Discipline check. GM to roll negative dice. With a success, my hope is to have him back down, retreat, withdraw, or otherwise change tactics even if just for a round. Maybe extra successes means more Rounds of effect or changed behavior? The base power inflicts strain, so maybe it could have that kind of effect, too?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:04 pm

ST-3R swipes right through the droid, bashing through its chassis and causing it to collapse.

As Trixie begins to apply mental pressure to the Devaronian, he grits his teeth
Spoiler:
Devaronian; TotOR; discipline:
2 Failures, 2 Threats, 1 Despair,

ImageImageImage

This nets 2 successes, 1 threat, and one Despair.

the Despair is going to make you lose your action and any extra maneuvers next round, you only will get one, as the mental strain from fighting with his mind hurts yours.

If combat ends within the next round, before Trixie goes again, then I'll let it last 5 minutes, otherwise the stress of battle is going to break the effect.

Given you have spent 2 pts, you have 1 force point remaining, the Dark Side one. You can spend it on strain, or leave it alone.

The individual stumbles and grabs his forehead for a moment, and lowers his blade. A cloudly look comes over his eyes, and his stance shifts to one that is not combative.

Jarkyc whips his gun around, seeing Trixie seems to have the fight under control, moves toward the nearest droid and unloads into it.
Spoiler:
jarkyc; TotOR; killin' droids:
0 Success, 1 Threat

The droid manages to avoid dropping from the fire, much of it pinging off the droid's armor.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:30 am

Not quite realizing what Trixie was doing Waz'aru had the stun pistol raised and sighted down the barrel at the Devaronian and fired.
Spoiler:
Waz'aru; TotOR; Range Light Reroll with correct dice.:
3 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Heavy Stun Pistol base damage: 8

Return to “The Story”