Character Creation Guidelines

Character proposals for this game.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Character Creation Guidelines

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Basic Premise: Force sensitive PCs, although they do not need to take the Jedi themed (FaD) Talent trees if they don't wish to. Using one of the Universal Talent trees that give a Force rating is fine. PCs have just completed a majority of their padawan training on Coruscant or Dantooine and have been sent to Curvian's Praxeum for final training and Knighthood trials.

Campaign Goals: Mix of combat and RP. Hopefully 50/50, but this will be the first campaign I'll have written from scratch. Combat will probably gravitate toward Clone Wars style fights, so not super balanced, to represent that beings will recognize Jedi and react accordingly. There is a set end for the campaign, and it's not a sandbox.

Starting XP: 90XP extra, for use after character creation (so no ability score modification with it). The PCs have trained heavily as students, but still have a long way to go before being really accomplished Knights. All Force powers with requirement of FR1 can be purchased with the mentor discount (so no getting Unleash with a Mentor discount).

Starting Gear: No specific starting gear, other than generic robes, heavy clothing, and basic lightsabers. Other gear can be provided depending on the scenario, or not, depending on how training goes and what Curvian is wanting the students to learn.

Unlimited Power Mystic Sourcebook: When the book eventually releases (IDK, supposed to be May or June), if anyone finds a Talent tree in there that they are just dying to run, I will allow reshuffling of XP to let them start with that one instead, if they wish. As someone who likes GMs who do this for me, I'd like to extend this olive branch to anyone in my game.

(This will get tweaked just a little, but not too much)
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Return to “Character Concepts”