Initial play style vote

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Initial play style vote

Post by SavageBob » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:29 am

I'm happy with the KST-100. I'm strongly considering an Iakaru for the co-pilot/navigator; kind of min-max-y, but I like the Planet of the Apes vibe.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:33 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:29 am
I'm happy with the KST-100. I'm strongly considering an Iakaru for the co-pilot/navigator; kind of min-max-y, but I like the Planet of the Apes vibe.
What do their stats look like? I haven't actually looked at that one yet.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:35 am

Iakaru

Brawn 2, Agility 3, Intellect 2, Cunning 2, Willpower 1, Presence 2

Wound Threshold 9 + Brawn
Strain Threshld 10 + Willpower

Piloting (Space) 1
No movement penalties in jungles and similar environments
+ Boost to Athletics and Coordination checks to swing, climb, or balance

100 XP

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:37 am

That's not too bad. Should make for an interesting character.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:55 am

I’m thinking of doing a miralain smuggler, the species is very interesting and the facial tattoos are very reminiscent of middle eastern facial tattoos.

Also love the descriptions of their culture, lends very well to possibly going as a force adherent sometime in the future.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:25 pm

That's be cool. (In case you haven't seen the spec, Kanila, the Force adherent is really just a martial-arts tree and has no Force powers.) I considered a Mirialan, too, as it usually plays out that everyone plays some really bizarre alien. :)

If we have a pilot, co-pilot/navigator, and mechanic, that leaves another spot open for a face. Kanila, do you want to try to recruit a fourth player, or should one of us try to get at least a 3 in Presence to pull face duty until we have a player dedicated to that role?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:29 pm

No force powers is cool by me. And yes having a fourth would be great! We can make do with three for now but ideally four would be better.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Best way to get additional players is to advertise over on the FFG forums. A lot of the players don't last long deciding they don't like play by post, but it is also where many of our long standing players came from (all of us I think).

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:16 pm

I'll need to get on that soon.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:27 pm

If you don’t have an account over there kanilla both bob and I have one and we could probably make the post.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:32 pm

That's fine by me. I never did make an account there.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:25 am

Kanila, are we doing Obligation? If so, can we take the extra XP and/or credits options? I'm zeroing in on a feel for my Iakaru fringer, so I wanted to know what I'm working with regarding XP to build him.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:23 am

Yes obligation will be a factor.

That being said would prefer to be independents going into the races and trying to earn a sponsor?

Or would you rather start off with a low level sponsor?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:37 am

I'm cool with our Obligations being a hodgepodge at this point. It makes things a bit more difficult for you as GM, but it also opens the door for us trying to find a sponsor. (Biscuit Baron. I hope Biscuit Baron will agree to sponsor us!)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:38 am

hmm, I think obligation is always a way to add an extra flare to the character, if we did start off with a sponsor then I would want that to be separate group obligation, not counted towards the obligation we have for our backstory that we use to get xp.

if we start with a sponsor and that is why we have the ship, i'm cool with that, if i need to justify the ship in my obligation since i'm the pilot i am also cool with that. let me know which one so i can see which way i should develope this character.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:39 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:37 am
I'm cool with our Obligations being a hodgepodge at this point. It makes things a bit more difficult for you as GM, but it also opens the door for us trying to find a sponsor. (Biscuit Baron. I hope Biscuit Baron will agree to sponsor us!)
yes i agree, the effort of find the sponsor could be a lot of fun.

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 am

Not that I have any solid idea yet, but is Duty and Obligation allowed for this one or just Obligation?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:56 am

It's which ever way you guys want to roll. You can always try to upgrade to a better sponsor later or stay loyal to the one and build them up.

But if you prefer to have separate obligations that is cool too. Maybe the pilot and co-pilot/navigator share some obligation for the ship? Or maybe the pilot is the sole one with obligation on the ship and the others just happened to find a way into the crew.

As long as everyone enjoys the character and its development I'm happy.

Duty might be weird with this one, just stick to obligation even if you pick something from AoR. Maybe you retired or just disappeared after some traffic event.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 am

on the concept of duty i did read a thing on the forums where a group of people sed duty to represent them building their brand/business, and if we wanted to use it, it could be a way for us to measure how we get rewards from our sponsor

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:08 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 am
on the concept of duty i did read a thing on the forums where a group of people sed duty to represent them building their brand/business, and if we wanted to use it, it could be a way for us to measure how we get rewards from our sponsor
That is a very interesting concept. I didn't consider it being used that way. That actually could work very well for this game.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:10 am

That's fine by me, just wanted clarification.
I'll work up something either tomorrow or Saturday, 13 hour work days suck and I have to be up at 5. I know you're not rushing us, just letting you know.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:12 am

All good buddy. I'll have a solid answer about duty when I've had the night to sleep on it. I'm really liking the idea of using it like a rating to see what the sponsor will award though.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:15 am

Cool

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:03 pm

I've got a basic background made up for Buimo. I'm leaving a lot of the details vague so Kanila has some room to play with the details should his Obligation ever trigger. Basically, it seems he was working to sabotage Imperial actions on his homeworld, but one of his missions was compromised. Buimo's mate died as a result, and Buimo was exiled from the planet and possibly imprisoned. Or maybe he worked on the staff of a prison. Or maybe he helped stage a prison break. He's not saying. Buimo's been wandering around taking odd jobs for at least a decade trying to find out who sold him out so he can settle the score (but I'll leave it to Kanila who the culprit truly is).

He should be fairly easy to link up to the others in this way; he's a serial odd-job-taker, so if there was a crew looking for a navigator, he's the type of guy who would apply for the job. We can determine how long he's been with the others (or one of the others) once other players have more idea about their PCs and their backgrounds.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:07 pm

Sounds good, I'll work something up to make a good rival.

Return to “Discussion”