Initial play style vote

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: Initial play style vote

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:02 pm

I went with ihcari
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Kal Drahr wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:57 pm
Flight of Isorus
Flight of Icorus
Flight of Ikerus
In this case flying to close to the sun could be a metaphor for something similar. Using one of Kal's name suggestions as a basis for the actual course taken. Maybe an asteroid belt with known safe passages through, but are slower going. But you tried a way that you knew was deadly to most, call the Flight of ".....", because it's named after a Mythical being. In this case you barely made it back to the start with a good possibility of dead crewmen adding to your shame.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:25 pm

I went with a story that centered around the Mirialan obsession with personal achievement and meant to be a fable designed to discourage reckless advancement in a culture where ones level of advancement is treated as one's social standing.

Ihcari in this fable is a semi-mythical Mirialan from before the discovery of hyperdrive by them as a people (i had it as just before the achievement of space flight but having it be hyperdrive seems better). In the fable, he is considered one of the smartest individuals in his generation and the most likely of his people to break the hyperdrive barrier when one of his rivals leaks news that they are about to make their first test run which they expect to be a success. Despite the better sense that could have helped ihcari realize this was fallacious he made his own jump early and died only for his rival to succeed a few months later.

the mark of Ihcari is a group of geometric shapes across the center of the face that mimics the plasma stream that shown in the sky for moths after the destruction of ihcari's ship, killing him.

It is meant as a marker for Mirialan who let their better sense get away from them as they allow pride and foolishness bring a potentially promising achievement to ruin.

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:30 pm

Cool

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:15 pm

I like it!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:26 pm

By the way he would probably be important to ask what time period is our game taking place in?

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:54 pm

I haven't locked down a time period really. Somewhere in the middle.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Kal Drahr
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Kal Drahr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:17 am

Sounds cool Boutrose

Between 3 and 4? Or 6 and 7?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:41 am

Between 3 and 4.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:58 am

that's good to know. It will help me with pinning down the calamitous event that caused Vo to get the mark. Kanila are you ok with including things from rebels in the canon of this game, if so then I was going to just for flavor have seventh-sister, the mirialan inquisitor, be the one who tattooed him with the mark of ihcari while he was in prison after his blunder. sounds like it would be right in the right time frame based on the game being when it is.
It shouldn't be much of an issue game wise since she was cut in half by maul in 3 bby but I thought it would be interesting, since she was also a miralan but had no noticeable tattoos, if she was the one who forced Vo to take the mark and show that she still maintained at least some connection to her culture.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:13 am

That's fine Boutrose.

Return to “Discussion”