Initial play style vote

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Initial play style vote

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Let's start the vote for the initial play style. Now bear in mind if one style is picked for the beginning that does not mean out can't be branched out to include the other later.

So for example if the crew started with a single ship they could expand their 'fleet' to include additional ships through sponsorship or even winnings from races. As well as vice versa.

As mentioned earlier if the option for single fighters is picked for the initial choice non-pilot oriented skills will be supplemented by NPCs (granted they won't be very good starting off!).

I will not sway your choice one way or another, but I think a single ship may be more rewarding as you will have a better time developing team coecion.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: Initial play style vote

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:26 pm

I like the single ship idea to start. And like you said additional ships can be added later. I like to think of it as similar to the Nascar circuit, where a small team can expand and become a major player with multiple cars (ships in this case).
Also with a single ship I fully agree with the idea of solidifying the group as a team, but also to give extra options such as backup pilot, second mechanic or a face-type character, as mentioned in the initial forum.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:35 pm

I'm interested in trying to play a navigator character (primary stat Intellect), so that would lend itself better to a single ship. That said, I'm perfectly happy to roll up a pilot and have us be a group of pilots who have to maneuver to help one another versus a crowded field of opponents, too.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:40 pm

If you decide to go single ship I will allow the KST-100 with the stats that Bob provided. We will just need to work out the starting weapon.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:48 pm

What I'm finding its a pair of linked light laser cannons. No arc was mentioned nor was it being a turret.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:04 am

I'm not in this one (game), but the ideas are cool. I'll be following it. Are there any planets you all have in mind that might play well to the concept? I am considering stealing the idea to do with a tabletop group. Thanks!

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:10 am

This isn't really a spoiler but the Wheel or another space station will probably be the first race location. Give some gates to navigate through and asteroids or other interstellar phenomenon.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:54 am

I also like the idea of a single ship to start, although I do not see why we could not eventually branch out to have more than one ship, especially since there are many careers that have pilot specs within them, not to mention the new universal pilot specs.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:00 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:54 am
I also like the idea of a single ship to start, although I do not see why we could not eventually branch out to have more than one ship, especially since there are many careers that have pilot specs within them, not to mention the new universal pilot specs.
That is an option to branch out to include more ships. There are even a few ships that are two man with no passenger capacity that are viable options!

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:09 am

Just for the fun of it I've spent so time on Oggdude's and have come up with what I think as a couple of good ideas for a pilot and a navigator. I will probably work out a mechanic as well, so depending on what others what to play we're covered pretty well as a base group.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:16 am

Alright so if I've got it right the general consensus is for a single ship.

KST-100
HWK-290
Firespray

Any other options for ship that you guys are potentially interested in? I had to include the HWK just because I'm a fan of it haha.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 am

well it sounds like three of us are cool with a single ship to start, I see bob wants to be ship's navigator, does anyone else want to be the primary pilot, if not I am eyeing that a bit, I might even go for the starship captain universal

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:33 am

Pilot is all yours if you'd like, by my vote. I was aiming for mechanic anyway, but just made others just in case.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:57 am

Sounds good. I'll make a navigator. Just curious: ThreeBFour: What specs were you looking at for a navigator? Since F&D isn't allowed (with its Navigator spec), I was thinking a Fringer, perhaps later cross-speccing into Analyst, Commodore, or Slicer.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

I started with a Duros because of the racial bonuses, makes a good co-pilot as well. I too thought of Fringer, but I hadn't given further advancement much thought yet.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Explorer: Scout or Bounty Hunter: Operator have some good talents.

Sluissi make good mechanics
Muun could potentially make a good navigator
Sullustan is another solid choice

I already have the ships and crews you'll be facing in your first race ready.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:34 pm

I'm not much of a min-maxer, so I probably won't go with one of those species, except maybe Duros. Mirialans and Sakiyans good decent buffs to initiative skills, so that's always useful (and I'd be more interested in playing one of those). I, too, was thinking a Fringer would make a good navigator/co-pilot.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:59 pm

Bob knows me from our other games together and I too am not fond of minmaxing, preferring to make a character based more on character background. I’m going to try and look around at species and pilot classes that look the most appealing from a story perspective, that in mind does anyone have any ideas about how we came together as a racing team?

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:59 pm
I’m going to try and look around at species and pilot classes that look the most appealing from a story perspective, that in mind does anyone have any ideas about how we came together as a racing team?
I won't really know until I've done a bit more character development on my own PC. As a fringer, though, he or she should be easy to link up to others.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:45 pm

By the way, this is the new universal talent trees including the ones from dawn of rebellion

https://www.dropbox.com/s/of6z1jaudc23o ... l.pdf?dl=0

Only the imperial recruit and the star ship captain have some abilities that deal with piloting though, but all of them are good.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:24 am

Honestly as long as everyone enjoys the character they are playing I'm happy. Min-max is so so in my opinion. I just suggested the Sullustan for their species abilities.

Are you going with the KST-100? Or would you prefer to select the ship after your characters are created?

So far I'm seeing a pilot (Boutrose) mechanic (3B4) and navigator/co-pilot (Bob). Am I missing anyone? Swrider, are you jumping in?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:28 am

No, but thank you for the offer. I am expecting some changes which will make life more hectic and don't want to jump into another game until I see how they work out.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:31 am

swrider wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:28 am
No, but thank you for the offer. I am expecting some changes which will make life more hectic and don't want to jump into another game until I see how they work out.
No issues! If your schedule opens up we will be here. Hopefully some of the new faces to the forum jump in some games.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:02 am

How about a Jawa as the mechanic? The engine room would have a rather pungent aroma.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:05 am

I'm a fan of jawas! I play one in my RL game. There is another furry mechanic species, I'll need to look it up though. It's in Oggy's app.

*Edit*
Squib! That's what it was.

Return to “Discussion”